moving abroad and renting out house | AccountingWEB

moving abroad and renting out house

I'm thinking of moving abroad and am considering renting out my house. But I have three questions.

1. Will I have to pay tax on any rental income or would this be covered by my personal allowance in this country?

2. Under the concept of double taxation if I elect to be resident abroad would I lose the personal allowances on any UK taxable income or tax shelters such as ISA's. i.e. I would have to declare all my income under the tax regime of my resident country.

3. If I sold my house in a year's time after renting out, would I be liable for CGT on the profit after paying off the mortgage?

Many Thanks Dave

There are 3 comments. Login or register to view them.

You may still qualify for personal allowances

AccountingWEB |
AccountingWEB's picture

Non resident landlords scheme

AccountingWEB |
AccountingWEB's picture

I'll give this a try

AnonymousUser |