moving abroad and renting out house
I'm thinking of moving abroad and am considering renting out my house. But I have three questions.
1. Will I have to pay tax on any rental income or would this be covered by my personal allowance in this country?
2. Under the concept of double taxation if I elect to be resident abroad would I lose the personal allowances on any UK taxable income or tax shelters such as ISA's. i.e. I would have to declare all my income under the tax regime of my resident country.
3. If I sold my house in a year's time after renting out, would I be liable for CGT on the profit after paying off the mortgage?
Many Thanks Dave
- Xerocon 2016 1,062 27
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,202 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 279 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 308 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 628 12
- Personal Tax 536 11
- USA Tax Query 205 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,683 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 955 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 339 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 611 18
- Corrupt Excel File 677 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 361 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,990 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 292 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 431 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 197 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 383 4
- last minute request 543 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,262 46