moving abroad and renting out house
I'm thinking of moving abroad and am considering renting out my house. But I have three questions.
1. Will I have to pay tax on any rental income or would this be covered by my personal allowance in this country?
2. Under the concept of double taxation if I elect to be resident abroad would I lose the personal allowances on any UK taxable income or tax shelters such as ISA's. i.e. I would have to declare all my income under the tax regime of my resident country.
3. If I sold my house in a year's time after renting out, would I be liable for CGT on the profit after paying off the mortgage?
Many Thanks Dave
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 103 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 628 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 84 3
- Company Share Buy Back 101 2
- Charitable Payment 205 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 919 15
- Unpaid share capital 244 3
- Company car in the LLP 168 2
- Physiotherapy 336 4
- Time to react ? ? ? 227 1
- New build property to be rented 157 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,873 52
- Hello 355 2
- Sage 200 question 104 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 98 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 163 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 165 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 212 4
- Private company division 312 5
- Outstanding Loans 220 3