Multi-purpose small/home office inkjet?
Hi everyone. This time last year I was looking to replace my not-economic-to-repair HP 1015 laser printer with a mono laser MFP. That never happened because a friend lent me her old Samsung ML-1510, which is still chuntering along with the same cartridge it came with.
With basic page printouts taken care of, I've got a new set of new requirements: a lot of family pictures, slides and papers that I want to organise into a digital archive and print out when required. As a result, I need to make sure the machine I get has the following characteristics:
- Optical character recognition, preferably by scanning to PDF
- "Transmissive" scanning capability for slides (or am I going to have to get a separate device for this?)
- Small footprint (<500mm wide x 360mm deep x 260mm high)
- Mac and PC compatible
- Good photo reproduction
- Reasonable consumable costs
- Wi-Fi networking would be nice to have, but not as important as other features
My research has turned up the following machines. I'd welcome any feedback about these models, or if you use another device that you'd recommend:
- Cannon MP560
- Epson Stylus SX515W
- Kodak ESP 3250 or 5250
- HP Photosmart C4680
- Lexmark 305
Thanks in advance for your help!