Must I use agencies for jobs?
For the last couple of occasions we’ve been looking for a new employee, we’ve used some fairly ineffective advertising in the local press. However it never seems to deliver us a decent crop of applicants and we get a whole lot of mailshots from agents giving us CVs of local people who just couldn’t be bothered to read the job ads. If you’ve seen the Nottingham Evening Post you’d sympathise.
So now we need someone with a practice background, good communication and computer skills, an enthusiasm for the scuzzy end of accounts preparation for musicians and a sense of ambition. I’d love to get my hands on someone without having to pay an agency their obscene percentage, but can’t see an alternative if I want to choose well. Is there any haggling to be done with the agencies? Or are there third routes?
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 110 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 468 5
- flat rate scheme 138 3
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 162 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 77 1
- VAT refund 312 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,283 37
- Turnover on a tax return 546 12
- incorrect old p60 563 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 119 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 182 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 151 1
- Special dividends & CGT 203 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 192 1
- Networking 365 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 278 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 305 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 337 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 297 2
- IT Contractor 286 1