Must I use agencies for jobs?
For the last couple of occasions we’ve been looking for a new employee, we’ve used some fairly ineffective advertising in the local press. However it never seems to deliver us a decent crop of applicants and we get a whole lot of mailshots from agents giving us CVs of local people who just couldn’t be bothered to read the job ads. If you’ve seen the Nottingham Evening Post you’d sympathise.
So now we need someone with a practice background, good communication and computer skills, an enthusiasm for the scuzzy end of accounts preparation for musicians and a sense of ambition. I’d love to get my hands on someone without having to pay an agency their obscene percentage, but can’t see an alternative if I want to choose well. Is there any haggling to be done with the agencies? Or are there third routes?
- Mortgage Reference 426 4
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,246 45
- Xerocon 2016 1,113 29
- New Build 101 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 81 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 718 15
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 100 1
- USA Tax Query 258 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 408 5
- last minute request 602 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 309 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 341 7
- Personal Tax 575 11
- Disengagement Help! 1,709 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 975 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 378 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 628 18
- Corrupt Excel File 688 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 2,005 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 297 2