Increasing number of calls for bookkeeping services
I am getting an increasing number of queries on providing bookkeeping services. This is not an area I would to get into.
One client has agreed to pay a high hourly rate for this service. I have a few bookkeepers in mind who would work on freelance basis. I have not done this sort of thing before. I would be grateful for your comments/views on:
- What would the best way this would work. By the client contracting with me or the bookkeeper? The client would like to contract with me. In general how does this work? Any other model that I should consider?
- The bookkeeper would obviously know how much I am charging for the service, so I would like to know how much I should pay the bookkeeper. I know I can Google rates, it would good to know hear how people apporach this. I am South London based.
- Is this an area worth getting into? - Purely bookkeeping services in addition to exisiting services. Sound like a real headache.
- VAT on new builds 127 3
- incorrect old p60 156 3
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 31 1
- CGT query on investment property sale 95 1
- Related party disclosure 47 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 312 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,891 28
- Redundancy Pay 437 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 684 6
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 708 19
- Sage Priority Support 107 2
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 506 4
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 356 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 140 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 129 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 151 1
- Missing tax return 196 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 924 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 278 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 166 2