Networking - Does it work?
I am sot sure if networking works. By this I mean joining a networking group and paying a large amount of money for the privelage.
I was a member of BNI for 6 months, I just could not stand it anymore. This was for the following reasons:
- Rules, rules, rules!
- The phrase they over use "Givers Gain" - BNI itself is so far removed from this.
- I could go on....
On the whole it would be great to hear accountants experience of networking- did it genrate business? If so what was the fee level like? Was the time and money spent justified?
I found that when I attend networking meetings, in the main, others there were expecting business from me in particular IFAs. Everyone wanted business, yet I did come not across any buyers. Further, I found those attending networking groups tend to be small or startup businesses. The more established ones do not attend networking meeting.
I found telemarketing and website SEO seems to work better.
It would be great to read experience of accountants.
- Off site storage 49 1
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 240 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,054 42
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 67 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 80 2
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 502 4
- Joint Property rent 140 3
- Self assesment losses 244 7
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 182 6
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 219 1
- Fee protection 851 16
- Overdrawn DLA 244 9
- Disposal of an opted property 130 2
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 236 5
- Irish Taxation 90 1
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 3,120 31
- CIS monthly declaration 193 9
- Telephone call from "Xero" 363 4
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 133 3
- Companies House incorporation service 472 14
- Xtuple 560
- Qtac payroll for bureau 382
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 333
- Industrial & Provident Societies 322
- Domain name sale and limited company 222
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 203
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 202
- Investment 202
- Tax on damages received 173
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 159