Networking - Does it work?
I am sot sure if networking works. By this I mean joining a networking group and paying a large amount of money for the privelage.
I was a member of BNI for 6 months, I just could not stand it anymore. This was for the following reasons:
- Rules, rules, rules!
- The phrase they over use "Givers Gain" - BNI itself is so far removed from this.
- I could go on....
On the whole it would be great to hear accountants experience of networking- did it genrate business? If so what was the fee level like? Was the time and money spent justified?
I found that when I attend networking meetings, in the main, others there were expecting business from me in particular IFAs. Everyone wanted business, yet I did come not across any buyers. Further, I found those attending networking groups tend to be small or startup businesses. The more established ones do not attend networking meeting.
I found telemarketing and website SEO seems to work better.
It would be great to read experience of accountants.
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 140 2
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 45 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 318 7
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 564 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 248 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 585 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 185 4
- Charge out rates in London? 183 2
- Accounting jobs in the UK 85 1
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 143 3
- pre letting expenses 151 2
- Expat working back in UK 100 3
- Are contractor travel expenses 91 1
- Who owns SAGE Data? 409 8
- Audit Exemption new rules 277 6
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 102 3
- change of paye software 509 13
- Which software for practice books? 476 19
- Several employments - large tax bill remaining 248 4
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 531 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 740
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 477
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 290
- How to format a stock book 252
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 207
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 206
- Tax efficient holding company structure 194
- Investment property company accounts template 186
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 179
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 163