Networking - Does it work?
I am sot sure if networking works. By this I mean joining a networking group and paying a large amount of money for the privelage.
I was a member of BNI for 6 months, I just could not stand it anymore. This was for the following reasons:
- Rules, rules, rules!
- The phrase they over use "Givers Gain" - BNI itself is so far removed from this.
- I could go on....
On the whole it would be great to hear accountants experience of networking- did it genrate business? If so what was the fee level like? Was the time and money spent justified?
I found that when I attend networking meetings, in the main, others there were expecting business from me in particular IFAs. Everyone wanted business, yet I did come not across any buyers. Further, I found those attending networking groups tend to be small or startup businesses. The more established ones do not attend networking meeting.
I found telemarketing and website SEO seems to work better.
It would be great to read experience of accountants.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 445 5
- See you all on the other side 609 6
- 12Pay 323 2
- dividends 436 2
- R&D 242 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,114 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 397 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 310 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 271 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 498 5
- Seeking a tax case 549 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 416 4
- Companies house strike off 390 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 311 2
- Moving to the cloud 694 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 195 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 839 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 186 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,061 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 441 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 541
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 409
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 360
- IRIS and FRS 102 341
- Capitalising Finance Lease 305
- USA help 304
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 276
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 265
- Capital gains on rental property 246
- Sage Coretime 226