Networking - Does it work?
I am sot sure if networking works. By this I mean joining a networking group and paying a large amount of money for the privelage.
I was a member of BNI for 6 months, I just could not stand it anymore. This was for the following reasons:
- Rules, rules, rules!
- The phrase they over use "Givers Gain" - BNI itself is so far removed from this.
- I could go on....
On the whole it would be great to hear accountants experience of networking- did it genrate business? If so what was the fee level like? Was the time and money spent justified?
I found that when I attend networking meetings, in the main, others there were expecting business from me in particular IFAs. Everyone wanted business, yet I did come not across any buyers. Further, I found those attending networking groups tend to be small or startup businesses. The more established ones do not attend networking meeting.
I found telemarketing and website SEO seems to work better.
It would be great to read experience of accountants.
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 520 22
- Rent A Room 153 6
- How to claim CIS refund for limited company that 311 7
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 236 7
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 760 25
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 1,397 10
- Scissors 503 19
- MLRO and deputy? 74 2
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 328 1
- Taxcalc 684 21
- Xero Pain Points 372 15
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 248 3
- Foreign Intern - Accommodation Allowance 107 1
- Renting home garage and outbuildings to Business 250 5
- Moneysoft - technical query 453 12
- Post Budget Disincorporations 1,420 11
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 690 11
- Giving investment company to spouse 109 2
- Recommendations for in house accounts prep software? 136 2
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 280 5
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 364
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 306
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 285
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 283
- Electric Car 236
- S222 Charge 211
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 203
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 196
- Company Structure 185
- VAT and customer entertaining 166