Networking - Does it work?
I am sot sure if networking works. By this I mean joining a networking group and paying a large amount of money for the privelage.
I was a member of BNI for 6 months, I just could not stand it anymore. This was for the following reasons:
- Rules, rules, rules!
- The phrase they over use "Givers Gain" - BNI itself is so far removed from this.
- I could go on....
On the whole it would be great to hear accountants experience of networking- did it genrate business? If so what was the fee level like? Was the time and money spent justified?
I found that when I attend networking meetings, in the main, others there were expecting business from me in particular IFAs. Everyone wanted business, yet I did come not across any buyers. Further, I found those attending networking groups tend to be small or startup businesses. The more established ones do not attend networking meeting.
I found telemarketing and website SEO seems to work better.
It would be great to read experience of accountants.
- Payroo Employer allowance query 138 2
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,000 32
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 141 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 276 4
- Value pricing 689 24
- Reregister for VAT 123 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 194 6
- Weely paid employees 241 3
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 131 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 458 11
- Director's tax return 275 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 206 6
- Wrong career 469 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 278 7
- Laptop purchase 1,382 20
- PTP software disaster 268 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 226 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 102 2
- Tricky VAT question 185 1
- VT accounts licence key 272 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 796
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 550
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 415
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 293
- Free Tax Legislation? 264
- Director Loan account operation 244
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 239
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 236
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 159