Networking - Does it work?
I am sot sure if networking works. By this I mean joining a networking group and paying a large amount of money for the privelage.
I was a member of BNI for 6 months, I just could not stand it anymore. This was for the following reasons:
- Rules, rules, rules!
- The phrase they over use "Givers Gain" - BNI itself is so far removed from this.
- I could go on....
On the whole it would be great to hear accountants experience of networking- did it genrate business? If so what was the fee level like? Was the time and money spent justified?
I found that when I attend networking meetings, in the main, others there were expecting business from me in particular IFAs. Everyone wanted business, yet I did come not across any buyers. Further, I found those attending networking groups tend to be small or startup businesses. The more established ones do not attend networking meeting.
I found telemarketing and website SEO seems to work better.
It would be great to read experience of accountants.
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 113 2
- Capital Gain? 511 14
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 201 5
- Sell business after leaving country 115 2
- How much to charge? 229 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 157 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 638 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 241 2
- break even point 593 18
- Simple consolidation question 110 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 389 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 999 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 405 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 205 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 279 5
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 113 1
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 169 4
- IHT Query 238 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 447 2
- BrightPay 695 22
- Possible Partnership? 464
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 442
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 429
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 232
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 227
- Clubs and Taxable Income 218
- New Fangled Penalties 216
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 212
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 184
- Loans to other companies 167