Networking - Does it work?
I am sot sure if networking works. By this I mean joining a networking group and paying a large amount of money for the privelage.
I was a member of BNI for 6 months, I just could not stand it anymore. This was for the following reasons:
- Rules, rules, rules!
- The phrase they over use "Givers Gain" - BNI itself is so far removed from this.
- I could go on....
On the whole it would be great to hear accountants experience of networking- did it genrate business? If so what was the fee level like? Was the time and money spent justified?
I found that when I attend networking meetings, in the main, others there were expecting business from me in particular IFAs. Everyone wanted business, yet I did come not across any buyers. Further, I found those attending networking groups tend to be small or startup businesses. The more established ones do not attend networking meeting.
I found telemarketing and website SEO seems to work better.
It would be great to read experience of accountants.
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 312 16
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 920 44
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,253 417
- Is this fraud? 500 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 53 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 258 4
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 25 1
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 152 4
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 143 1
- Naming new company 303 6
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 485 20
- Saying goodbye 529 14
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 131 1
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 192 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 646 5
- Pension Contributions Relief 395 12
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 90 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 791 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,485 31
- Tax on private fuel for own car 222 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,281
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 457
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 265
- Franchise income and costs 243
- Hands on experience of Digita 205
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 151
- Employer's Helpline 151
- employment capital allowances 142