Networking - Does it work?
I am sot sure if networking works. By this I mean joining a networking group and paying a large amount of money for the privelage.
I was a member of BNI for 6 months, I just could not stand it anymore. This was for the following reasons:
- Rules, rules, rules!
- The phrase they over use "Givers Gain" - BNI itself is so far removed from this.
- I could go on....
On the whole it would be great to hear accountants experience of networking- did it genrate business? If so what was the fee level like? Was the time and money spent justified?
I found that when I attend networking meetings, in the main, others there were expecting business from me in particular IFAs. Everyone wanted business, yet I did come not across any buyers. Further, I found those attending networking groups tend to be small or startup businesses. The more established ones do not attend networking meeting.
I found telemarketing and website SEO seems to work better.
It would be great to read experience of accountants.
- Micro-entity accounts 23 1
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 772 23
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 960 26
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 68 1
- Related party disclosure 105 3
- Inflation and fees 1,273 23
- Company reconstruction 42 1
- Missing tax return 232 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 206 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 80 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 124 1
- Advice please! 378 2
- VAT on new builds 144 3
- incorrect old p60 204 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 109 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 337 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,927 28
- Redundancy Pay 441 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 723 6
- Sage Priority Support 124 2