Networking - Does it work?
I am sot sure if networking works. By this I mean joining a networking group and paying a large amount of money for the privelage.
I was a member of BNI for 6 months, I just could not stand it anymore. This was for the following reasons:
- Rules, rules, rules!
- The phrase they over use "Givers Gain" - BNI itself is so far removed from this.
- I could go on....
On the whole it would be great to hear accountants experience of networking- did it genrate business? If so what was the fee level like? Was the time and money spent justified?
I found that when I attend networking meetings, in the main, others there were expecting business from me in particular IFAs. Everyone wanted business, yet I did come not across any buyers. Further, I found those attending networking groups tend to be small or startup businesses. The more established ones do not attend networking meeting.
I found telemarketing and website SEO seems to work better.
It would be great to read experience of accountants.
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,328 17
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 133 3
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 253 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 293 9
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 143 1
- VAT on digital streaming of my company's music? 149 2
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 193 5
- Does this annoy anyone else ? 3,255 42
- Recharge for private use of a company car 134 2
- Bloomsbury Professional tax books 119 1
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 389 7
- Wear and tear allowance 454 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 200 6
- Residency test 202 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 250 3
- VAT Turnover 149 1
- HMRC - No Deadline to Respond? 149 1
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 137 4
- Company purchase of shares 298 16
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 146 2
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 691
- Auto enrolment excuses 679
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 368
- Social investment tax relief 187
- Call Centre Data Costs 179
- Digita Hosted Software 179
- option to tax 163
- VAT on deposits 149
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 138
- Director's loan account in credit 135