Networking - Does it work?
I am sot sure if networking works. By this I mean joining a networking group and paying a large amount of money for the privelage.
I was a member of BNI for 6 months, I just could not stand it anymore. This was for the following reasons:
- Rules, rules, rules!
- The phrase they over use "Givers Gain" - BNI itself is so far removed from this.
- I could go on....
On the whole it would be great to hear accountants experience of networking- did it genrate business? If so what was the fee level like? Was the time and money spent justified?
I found that when I attend networking meetings, in the main, others there were expecting business from me in particular IFAs. Everyone wanted business, yet I did come not across any buyers. Further, I found those attending networking groups tend to be small or startup businesses. The more established ones do not attend networking meeting.
I found telemarketing and website SEO seems to work better.
It would be great to read experience of accountants.
- Investment property? 525 4
- error on companies house accounts 886 20
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 156 3
- Quote for client 186 4
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 982 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 93 2
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 256 9
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 244 5
- Client's company struck off 1,762 21
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 74 1
- Refurbised Pub 151 4
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 164 4
- Directors obligation to notify 379 6
- Tax relief in respect of rental property/withdrawing of capital 75 2
- ATED on a hotel that isn't in use? 97 1
- Tax and children 315 2
- Moneysoft update problem 247 4
- HMRC stupidity of the day 570 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 833 7
- QROP pension input amounts 531 1
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 512
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 452
- EPS and CIS deductions 318
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 301
- Construction CIS LLP Company 293
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 274
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 220
- SAGE winforecast 212
- Overdrawn director account 199
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 199