Networking - Does it work?
I am sot sure if networking works. By this I mean joining a networking group and paying a large amount of money for the privelage.
I was a member of BNI for 6 months, I just could not stand it anymore. This was for the following reasons:
- Rules, rules, rules!
- The phrase they over use "Givers Gain" - BNI itself is so far removed from this.
- I could go on....
On the whole it would be great to hear accountants experience of networking- did it genrate business? If so what was the fee level like? Was the time and money spent justified?
I found that when I attend networking meetings, in the main, others there were expecting business from me in particular IFAs. Everyone wanted business, yet I did come not across any buyers. Further, I found those attending networking groups tend to be small or startup businesses. The more established ones do not attend networking meeting.
I found telemarketing and website SEO seems to work better.
It would be great to read experience of accountants.
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,741 18
- Personal pension 174 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 59 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 264 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 210 6
- Late Registration for VAT 91 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 980 25
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 949 26
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,132 12
- property development 257 8
- Registering a company late 161 5
- Goodwill complications 55 1
- Business rates consultancy 98 2
- sale of house 627 18
- Corporation tax penalty 1,504 9
- Part Disposal of Freehold 323 13
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,808 15
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 358 6
- Are HMRC staff on early 372 5
- Backdated VAT registration claim 133 2
- TheTax Donut 992
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 655
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 611
- Follower cases 473
- Limited company purchase of property 398
- Hive up 394
- corporate hierarchy 372
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 368
- LIVE chat, starting now 301
- AIA or IFA 200