Networking - Does it work?
I am sot sure if networking works. By this I mean joining a networking group and paying a large amount of money for the privelage.
I was a member of BNI for 6 months, I just could not stand it anymore. This was for the following reasons:
- Rules, rules, rules!
- The phrase they over use "Givers Gain" - BNI itself is so far removed from this.
- I could go on....
On the whole it would be great to hear accountants experience of networking- did it genrate business? If so what was the fee level like? Was the time and money spent justified?
I found that when I attend networking meetings, in the main, others there were expecting business from me in particular IFAs. Everyone wanted business, yet I did come not across any buyers. Further, I found those attending networking groups tend to be small or startup businesses. The more established ones do not attend networking meeting.
I found telemarketing and website SEO seems to work better.
It would be great to read experience of accountants.
- Advertising Tips? 129 6
- Transferring rental property to limited company 127 7
- IR35 285 3
- Not renewing AAT 1,397 14
- Cloud-based email services? 234 6
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 396 12
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 169 5
- Dormant co. now trading 296 9
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,645 21
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,135 25
- Company Structure 100 4
- Online or Paper 64-8? 185 4
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 388 4
- Lease premium payment of £20,000 140 3
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 114 2
- VAT on sale of goods outside of EU - Flat Rate 135 5
- Late PAYE Registration 195 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,471 27
- Do joint employment contracts enjoy double NI allowances? 150 3
- Auto Enrolment 590 3
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 722
- 2015 tax year end 461
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 424
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 370
- Costly Accounting Software contract 346
- Directors' advances and credits 277
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 258
- DTA tie-breaker issue 246
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 232
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 206