Networking - Does it work?
I am sot sure if networking works. By this I mean joining a networking group and paying a large amount of money for the privelage.
I was a member of BNI for 6 months, I just could not stand it anymore. This was for the following reasons:
- Rules, rules, rules!
- The phrase they over use "Givers Gain" - BNI itself is so far removed from this.
- I could go on....
On the whole it would be great to hear accountants experience of networking- did it genrate business? If so what was the fee level like? Was the time and money spent justified?
I found that when I attend networking meetings, in the main, others there were expecting business from me in particular IFAs. Everyone wanted business, yet I did come not across any buyers. Further, I found those attending networking groups tend to be small or startup businesses. The more established ones do not attend networking meeting.
I found telemarketing and website SEO seems to work better.
It would be great to read experience of accountants.
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 64 3
- Why do I do this every year 436 10
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 279 22
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 123 3
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 57 1
- Hobby Horse 807 8
- Non resident income. 459 20
- What sectors to target? 618 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 271 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 193 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,952 41
- Self assesment online 1,007 11
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 309 5
- closing limited company 197 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 118 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 539 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 261 9
- IHT and US resident 80 1
- Limited Companies Merger 217 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 146 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 937
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 653
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 605
- Latest phishing scam 581
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 420
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 316
- Scratch Head 243
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 239
- Sabbatical payments 201
- Negligible Value Claim 179