Networking - Does it work?
I am sot sure if networking works. By this I mean joining a networking group and paying a large amount of money for the privelage.
I was a member of BNI for 6 months, I just could not stand it anymore. This was for the following reasons:
- Rules, rules, rules!
- The phrase they over use "Givers Gain" - BNI itself is so far removed from this.
- I could go on....
On the whole it would be great to hear accountants experience of networking- did it genrate business? If so what was the fee level like? Was the time and money spent justified?
I found that when I attend networking meetings, in the main, others there were expecting business from me in particular IFAs. Everyone wanted business, yet I did come not across any buyers. Further, I found those attending networking groups tend to be small or startup businesses. The more established ones do not attend networking meeting.
I found telemarketing and website SEO seems to work better.
It would be great to read experience of accountants.
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 93 1
- RTI offline? 593 2
- Mortgage Reference 877 14
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 116 1
- CIS and Xero 271 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 224 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 151 2
- property capital gains 402 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 129 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 289 8
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 895 9
- Tips on meals 563 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,347 15
- S.455 Tax again 452 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 203 3
- Closing down loss-making company 805 15
- Stumped - IHT 624 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 177 1
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 504 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 428 14
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 982
- Members in Public Practice 595
- Oplex Careers CPD 364
- Payroll manager and the cloud 294
- Is the APN valid 240
- Treatment of EIS relate back? 238
- Institute of Customer Services 238
- Kashflow payroll 228
- Class 4 NI due on 2 self employments 226
- Continuity of Practice 206