New accountant carries out work without professional clearance...
A client owed me money. I received prof clearance letter from new firm (which I was quite happy about). I replied stating that the client owed money and we would release information as and when we received the overdue funds.
We have still not received the money and I have today discovered that the new accountant has carried out the next years accounts (without my paperwork) and filed these at Companies House.
Is this common practice? I assumed that professional firms would have waited for complete clearance from us first.
- Family Partnership 332 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,254 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 68 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 189 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 225 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 329 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 104 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 322 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 210 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 205 6
- Business trips - director and family 432 3
- Signed accounts for bank 685 15
- flat rate scheme 2,394 50
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 337 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 221 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 119 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 881 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 228 5
- VAT Query on new build 139 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 135 1