new PAYE penalties?
I was speaking to an HMRC officer last week and he advised that there would be yet another layer of PAYE penalties from this April. He insisted that even if there was no liability for a quarter, if the employer did not advise HMRC of this a penalty would be raised. I have checked and cannot find reference to this, which must be a flat-rated penalty as it is not a % of tax that is late. Anyone else know of this? I need to warn clients so need to know where I can find out about it, and how much it is likely to be.
Any information gratefully received.
- Retrospective VAT Query 89 2
- property capital gains 386 4
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 154 6
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 64 1
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 110 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 272 8
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 837 9
- Tips on meals 550 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,325 15
- S.455 Tax again 442 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 166 3
- Closing down loss-making company 791 15
- Stumped - IHT 607 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 149 1
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 496 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 405 14
- co-operatives & Societies 125 1
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,233 20
- Xerocon 2016 1,486 40
- Website Content 478 6