new PAYE penalties?
I was speaking to an HMRC officer last week and he advised that there would be yet another layer of PAYE penalties from this April. He insisted that even if there was no liability for a quarter, if the employer did not advise HMRC of this a penalty would be raised. I have checked and cannot find reference to this, which must be a flat-rated penalty as it is not a % of tax that is late. Anyone else know of this? I need to warn clients so need to know where I can find out about it, and how much it is likely to be.
Any information gratefully received.
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 25 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 331 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 91 3
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 697 11
- Family Partnership 112 1
- Stand alone practice management software 2,018 31
- flat rate scheme 2,211 41
- HMRC Postal Delays 363 10
- Can anybody recommend any software 143 1
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,357 14
- Legal advisor recommendation please 262 5
- Closure of PAYE scheme 183 2
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 184 2
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 188 3
- Termination Payment 504 15
- Company Share Buy Back 344 8
- P11D Car Value 137 2
- Business lending another business money (UK) 251 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 301 5
- bookkeeping system 700 9