new PAYE penalties?
I was speaking to an HMRC officer last week and he advised that there would be yet another layer of PAYE penalties from this April. He insisted that even if there was no liability for a quarter, if the employer did not advise HMRC of this a penalty would be raised. I have checked and cannot find reference to this, which must be a flat-rated penalty as it is not a % of tax that is late. Anyone else know of this? I need to warn clients so need to know where I can find out about it, and how much it is likely to be.
Any information gratefully received.
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 122 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 302 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 30 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 265 7
- Family Partnership 281 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 176 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 190 6
- Business trips - director and family 417 3
- Signed accounts for bank 662 15
- flat rate scheme 2,372 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 167 2
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 327 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 181 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 90 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 848 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 200 5
- VAT Query on new build 126 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 116 1
- P11D Car Value 273 6
- NOVA declaration 112 1