new PAYE penalties?
I was speaking to an HMRC officer last week and he advised that there would be yet another layer of PAYE penalties from this April. He insisted that even if there was no liability for a quarter, if the employer did not advise HMRC of this a penalty would be raised. I have checked and cannot find reference to this, which must be a flat-rated penalty as it is not a % of tax that is late. Anyone else know of this? I need to warn clients so need to know where I can find out about it, and how much it is likely to be.
Any information gratefully received.
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 135 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 469 7
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 554 18
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 108 5
- Corrupt Excel File 658 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 320 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,946 43
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,160 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 270 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 352 7
- Personal Tax 389 10
- Xerocon 2016 924 18
- Disengagement Help! 1,604 24
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 105 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 201 4
- last minute request 433 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,231 46
- Practical experience 891 16
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 267 2
- Mortgage Reference 297 2