new PAYE penalties?
I was speaking to an HMRC officer last week and he advised that there would be yet another layer of PAYE penalties from this April. He insisted that even if there was no liability for a quarter, if the employer did not advise HMRC of this a penalty would be raised. I have checked and cannot find reference to this, which must be a flat-rated penalty as it is not a % of tax that is late. Anyone else know of this? I need to warn clients so need to know where I can find out about it, and how much it is likely to be.
Any information gratefully received.
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 258 8
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 636 12
- Incorporated company charity 104 2
- property capital gains 305 3
- Closing down loss-making company 609 10
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 314 5
- Website Content 364 3
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 429 5
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,104 19
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 402 2
- Tips on meals 392 3
- Director owns 47% of shares in company A and 100% of shares in Company B. Is Company B a participator in Company A for S455 purposes? 240 2
- Stumped - IHT 452 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 573 12
- Transferring DLA between Directors 374 3
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 146 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 133 1
- Creative Auto Enrolment 860 12
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,436 35
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 161 3