New rules on mileage claims?
A friend has been advised by his accountants that from Jan 1st HMRC require petrol receipts retained as additional proof even where the 40p/mile actual mileage calculation is used. I understood as long as the actual mileage was accurately logged (and could be if required, corroborated), actual fuel expenditure is NOT required. Now it seems they want both??
Has anyone else come across this?
- Tips on meals 146 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 509 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 132 3
- Personal Tax 719 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 142 2
- Stumped - IHT 107 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 406 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 468 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,280 33
- Credit management tools 117 1
- property capital gains 122 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 380 7
- CGT and primary residence 163 1
- Marriage Allowance 256 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,148 12
- S455 and February year ends 315 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 886 18
- Closing down loss-making company 451 5
- S.455 Tax again 285 3