New Year Resolutions
It is the time of the year when papers and adverts will be full of weight loss, stop smoking, find your perfect partner, new year new you etc etc.
This year as you know will not be any different any other year. The books about "how to" and diet business carry on because we simply do not achieve our goals/good intentions we set.
I would like to try and address this from a slighlty different angle - not here is my list of resolutions.
Has anyone acheived their new year resolutions? What made you so different?
How does one acheive their resolutions/goals etc. It requires a change in mindset rather than here is my wishlist? What is that change?
I fall into the massive majority - here is my wishist. I spend massive amount of money of gym membership, diets books/food. I have a wiifit and ex bike - used about 4 times in the whole year.
This year I want to change and not give in to the herd - join a gym, diet club. Come Feb/Mar - "Can't be bothered I have too much work".
So it does not the spending of money that will achieve my goals it requires a massive change in my brain. This is where you lovely AW folks come in. Help!!!
- iris update 11.9.2 373 6
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 529 18
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 537 8
- Sports Sponsorship 217 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 348 7
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 108 2
- Paid too much !! 405 3
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 233 2
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 127 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 244 1
- will this work for IHT 268 2
- Best software for small practice? 677 20
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,769 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 339 7
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 282 5
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 161 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 130 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 138 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 487 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 757 11
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 771
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 456
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 276
- DTA tie-breaker issue 264
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 251
- CGT for NOn UK residents 226
- Apprenticeship Levy 203
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 195
- Capital Gains personal representatives 184
- Just checking re PSA 178