New Year Resolutions
It is the time of the year when papers and adverts will be full of weight loss, stop smoking, find your perfect partner, new year new you etc etc.
This year as you know will not be any different any other year. The books about "how to" and diet business carry on because we simply do not achieve our goals/good intentions we set.
I would like to try and address this from a slighlty different angle - not here is my list of resolutions.
Has anyone acheived their new year resolutions? What made you so different?
How does one acheive their resolutions/goals etc. It requires a change in mindset rather than here is my wishlist? What is that change?
I fall into the massive majority - here is my wishist. I spend massive amount of money of gym membership, diets books/food. I have a wiifit and ex bike - used about 4 times in the whole year.
This year I want to change and not give in to the herd - join a gym, diet club. Come Feb/Mar - "Can't be bothered I have too much work".
So it does not the spending of money that will achieve my goals it requires a massive change in my brain. This is where you lovely AW folks come in. Help!!!
- Private use of vans 101 1
- My friend may have unknowingly participated in a tax avoidance scheme... 547 6
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,075 92
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 180 2
- Directors pension 212 3
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 597 24
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 285 5
- Bookkeeping for voluntary organisations 94 1
- accounts software for a hotel 158 4
- Final CT Return - liquidating company 81 1
- charities 165 2
- Seeking advice: Penalty for 3-year Non-notified Self-Employed? 261 3
- Worst corporate entertaining events? 1,490 12
- Company investment 306 8
- Business only use of company car 1,282 31
- New CASC rules 252 3
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,036 10
- valuation of vehicles 785 21
- Seeking advice: Scottish LP VAT exclusion exact Law and Article 126 4
- Wheeeee - it's penalty time again 815 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 367
- Any thoughts on Capium? 318
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 288
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 263
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 250
- auto enrolment 231
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 222
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 176
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 158
- French ConnectionUK 157