New Year Resolutions
It is the time of the year when papers and adverts will be full of weight loss, stop smoking, find your perfect partner, new year new you etc etc.
This year as you know will not be any different any other year. The books about "how to" and diet business carry on because we simply do not achieve our goals/good intentions we set.
I would like to try and address this from a slighlty different angle - not here is my list of resolutions.
Has anyone acheived their new year resolutions? What made you so different?
How does one acheive their resolutions/goals etc. It requires a change in mindset rather than here is my wishlist? What is that change?
I fall into the massive majority - here is my wishist. I spend massive amount of money of gym membership, diets books/food. I have a wiifit and ex bike - used about 4 times in the whole year.
This year I want to change and not give in to the herd - join a gym, diet club. Come Feb/Mar - "Can't be bothered I have too much work".
So it does not the spending of money that will achieve my goals it requires a massive change in my brain. This is where you lovely AW folks come in. Help!!!
- HMRC Information notice 950 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 232 3
- Accountant Specialization. 334 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 177 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 102 1
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,280 29
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,703 42
- Sage Line 50 150 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 124 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 398 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 379 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 150 1
- Freelance/Employee 686 17
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 184 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 188 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 498 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 130 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 615 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 717 5
- Agent Authorisation Issue 223 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 750
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 409
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 362
- Electric Car 294
- S222 Charge 242
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 197
- IP trans to holding company 191
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 177
- AIA 171
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 171