New Year Resolutions
It is the time of the year when papers and adverts will be full of weight loss, stop smoking, find your perfect partner, new year new you etc etc.
This year as you know will not be any different any other year. The books about "how to" and diet business carry on because we simply do not achieve our goals/good intentions we set.
I would like to try and address this from a slighlty different angle - not here is my list of resolutions.
Has anyone acheived their new year resolutions? What made you so different?
How does one acheive their resolutions/goals etc. It requires a change in mindset rather than here is my wishlist? What is that change?
I fall into the massive majority - here is my wishist. I spend massive amount of money of gym membership, diets books/food. I have a wiifit and ex bike - used about 4 times in the whole year.
This year I want to change and not give in to the herd - join a gym, diet club. Come Feb/Mar - "Can't be bothered I have too much work".
So it does not the spending of money that will achieve my goals it requires a massive change in my brain. This is where you lovely AW folks come in. Help!!!
- Loss on disposal and impairment 35 1
- Are HMRC getting it right? 72 1
- Comments on this scenario 128 3
- PPR election - what do you think? 224 7
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 138 3
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,647 67
- Penalties 114 1
- SAGE con 227 4
- rates of pay query 222 3
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 92 2
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 143 10
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 200 1
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 111 1
- Overpayment relief claim 157 5
- Charity reserves 131 3
- Have i messed up? 674 10
- Year end 366 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 231 3
- Related Parties Note 421 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 111 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,020
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 556
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 364
- Tax efficient holding company structure 290
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 277
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 215
- Charge out rates in London? 212
- Personal consumption by landlord 183
- Interest on Loan to a Company 174
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 151