NIT and tax treatment for non UK employees employed by UK company
We act for a UK resident company . This company took on an employee on 1 January 2007 who is NOT and WILL NOT be resident/ordinarily resident or domiciled in the UK. This employee is a FRENCH national whose place of residence and domicile is in FRANCE. NONE of his duties of employment will be performed in UK.
We have tried unsuccessfully to speak and obtain advice from :-
End of Year Employers helpline
By post by sending a letter with P46 form explaining the above.
In the end we have been told to contact the centre for non residents, but the number is engaged or we are told to call again. And the email address is useless
We need to know what tax code (we believe the NT code should be applied) to use and obtain confirmation that no NI contributions are payable either. This employee does not have a UK NI number, but we have obtained his French Social Security Number.
It would be helpful if there was some notes and guidance on the web-site or on employers CD rom. While this situation is unusual it is not unique and we should like someone to get back to us ASAP. How does HMRC expect taxpayers/employers to follow the rules if they are not clear or easy to find.
Just managed to get through CNR and guess what they have referred me back to the employers' section (but with new telephone number) and no one is picking up.... plus the NI section for non residents.
Why do they have to make it so complicated????
Any help from members would be greatly appreciated.
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 126 8
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 280 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 44 1
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 58 1
- Your comments please 220 5
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 56 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 87 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 169 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 81 1
- CGT history of shares 134 2
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 686 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 189 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 114 2
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 204 2
- Closing my business down 365 20
- Recording Calls 113 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 94 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,305 37
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,507 21
- What do you all do in your spare time? 934 36
- Moving away from CCH software 960
- QROP pension input amounts 446
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 390
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 370
- fraud 292
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 266
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 235
- Construction CIS LLP Company 222
- EPS and CIS deductions 213
- Out of time or not? 199