NIT and tax treatment for non UK employees employed by UK company
We act for a UK resident company . This company took on an employee on 1 January 2007 who is NOT and WILL NOT be resident/ordinarily resident or domiciled in the UK. This employee is a FRENCH national whose place of residence and domicile is in FRANCE. NONE of his duties of employment will be performed in UK.
We have tried unsuccessfully to speak and obtain advice from :-
End of Year Employers helpline
By post by sending a letter with P46 form explaining the above.
In the end we have been told to contact the centre for non residents, but the number is engaged or we are told to call again. And the email address is useless
We need to know what tax code (we believe the NT code should be applied) to use and obtain confirmation that no NI contributions are payable either. This employee does not have a UK NI number, but we have obtained his French Social Security Number.
It would be helpful if there was some notes and guidance on the web-site or on employers CD rom. While this situation is unusual it is not unique and we should like someone to get back to us ASAP. How does HMRC expect taxpayers/employers to follow the rules if they are not clear or easy to find.
Just managed to get through CNR and guess what they have referred me back to the employers' section (but with new telephone number) and no one is picking up.... plus the NI section for non residents.
Why do they have to make it so complicated????
Any help from members would be greatly appreciated.
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 433 15
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 224 7
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 419 9
- vat help for catering concession 92 1
- More AE! 130 6
- Merger of Two companies 527 20
- RTI and Directors' salaries 87 1
- Merging 493 12
- Excuses, excuses!!! 387 1
- Travel costs and contractors 217 1
- Why should I retain membership? 3,498 56
- Merger of Two companies 416 14
- VAT overcharged to customers 396 6
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 126 1
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 187 4
- Entrepreneurs Relief 100 1
- nic class 1 on expenses mechanics 175 4
- CIC Dividend Cap 301 10
- IHT dilemma 1,007 16
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 914 21
- Auto enrolment excuses 976
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 742
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 429
- Digita Hosted Software 247
- Social investment tax relief 241
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 240
- Call Centre Data Costs 224
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 211
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 180
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 141