NIT and tax treatment for non UK employees employed by UK company
We act for a UK resident company . This company took on an employee on 1 January 2007 who is NOT and WILL NOT be resident/ordinarily resident or domiciled in the UK. This employee is a FRENCH national whose place of residence and domicile is in FRANCE. NONE of his duties of employment will be performed in UK.
We have tried unsuccessfully to speak and obtain advice from :-
End of Year Employers helpline
By post by sending a letter with P46 form explaining the above.
In the end we have been told to contact the centre for non residents, but the number is engaged or we are told to call again. And the email address is useless
We need to know what tax code (we believe the NT code should be applied) to use and obtain confirmation that no NI contributions are payable either. This employee does not have a UK NI number, but we have obtained his French Social Security Number.
It would be helpful if there was some notes and guidance on the web-site or on employers CD rom. While this situation is unusual it is not unique and we should like someone to get back to us ASAP. How does HMRC expect taxpayers/employers to follow the rules if they are not clear or easy to find.
Just managed to get through CNR and guess what they have referred me back to the employers' section (but with new telephone number) and no one is picking up.... plus the NI section for non residents.
Why do they have to make it so complicated????
Any help from members would be greatly appreciated.
- Rights of Alphabet shares 292 10
- Company paying out on guarantee 75 4
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 626 14
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,804 59
- Incorporation and goodwill 266 5
- Industrial & Provident Societies 393 4
- Domain name sale and limited company 266 1
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 261 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 1,777 14
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 266 11
- Payroll Software Recommendations 259 8
- indexation factors 100 3
- Drector renting room to company 230 5
- Warranties - Fixed Assets - depreciation 91 2
- Property Revaluation - Postings 104 2
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 430 10
- It gets worse ! 212 1
- R&D claim 87 3
- Fee protection 1,117 25
- Received a CIS invoice 290 9
- Xtuple 583
- Qtac payroll for bureau 406
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 353
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 224
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 206
- Tax on damages received 204
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 164
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 164
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 146
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 141