NIT and tax treatment for non UK employees employed by UK company
We act for a UK resident company . This company took on an employee on 1 January 2007 who is NOT and WILL NOT be resident/ordinarily resident or domiciled in the UK. This employee is a FRENCH national whose place of residence and domicile is in FRANCE. NONE of his duties of employment will be performed in UK.
We have tried unsuccessfully to speak and obtain advice from :-
End of Year Employers helpline
By post by sending a letter with P46 form explaining the above.
In the end we have been told to contact the centre for non residents, but the number is engaged or we are told to call again. And the email address is useless
We need to know what tax code (we believe the NT code should be applied) to use and obtain confirmation that no NI contributions are payable either. This employee does not have a UK NI number, but we have obtained his French Social Security Number.
It would be helpful if there was some notes and guidance on the web-site or on employers CD rom. While this situation is unusual it is not unique and we should like someone to get back to us ASAP. How does HMRC expect taxpayers/employers to follow the rules if they are not clear or easy to find.
Just managed to get through CNR and guess what they have referred me back to the employers' section (but with new telephone number) and no one is picking up.... plus the NI section for non residents.
Why do they have to make it so complicated????
Any help from members would be greatly appreciated.
- Member meet up 1 October in London 336 8
- Seeking advice: Director's claim to money 192 7
- Identify cost savings 212 6
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 450 7
- HMRC AND BAD ORGANIZATION 129 2
- Capital gains tax and PPR 103 1
- Jobs after completing ACCA 145 2
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 596 11
- are these allowable deductions? 139 1
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,664 20
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 575 12
- Option To Tax - VAT on residential sales? 90 1
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 144 3
- Can Guernsey company have same name as mine 420 7
- Schedule A losses 156 1
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 205 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 836 1
- Fees 801 8
- P11D & tax return 290 10
- Freelance/Employee 935 22
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 438
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 391
- Electric Car 334
- S222 Charge 270
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 241
- AIA 216
- IP trans to holding company 210
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 205
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 171
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 162