NIT and tax treatment for non UK employees employed by UK company
We act for a UK resident company . This company took on an employee on 1 January 2007 who is NOT and WILL NOT be resident/ordinarily resident or domiciled in the UK. This employee is a FRENCH national whose place of residence and domicile is in FRANCE. NONE of his duties of employment will be performed in UK.
We have tried unsuccessfully to speak and obtain advice from :-
End of Year Employers helpline
By post by sending a letter with P46 form explaining the above.
In the end we have been told to contact the centre for non residents, but the number is engaged or we are told to call again. And the email address is useless
We need to know what tax code (we believe the NT code should be applied) to use and obtain confirmation that no NI contributions are payable either. This employee does not have a UK NI number, but we have obtained his French Social Security Number.
It would be helpful if there was some notes and guidance on the web-site or on employers CD rom. While this situation is unusual it is not unique and we should like someone to get back to us ASAP. How does HMRC expect taxpayers/employers to follow the rules if they are not clear or easy to find.
Just managed to get through CNR and guess what they have referred me back to the employers' section (but with new telephone number) and no one is picking up.... plus the NI section for non residents.
Why do they have to make it so complicated????
Any help from members would be greatly appreciated.
- ATT Annual Return Problems 95 2
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 495 10
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 93 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 318 5
- private to company car? 155 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 929 34
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 568 10
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 212 13
- Buy to let allowable interest 115 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 169 1
- Partner with an IVA 152 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 560 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 406 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 266 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 220 6
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 346 13
- Consequential loss claim 80 1
- Does anyone do payrolling of benefits? 141 1
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 250 8
- Sale of an investment between group companies 110 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 453
- CTA study material 414
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 300
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 276
- Pre incorp expenses 269
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 239
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 230
- Slight twist on employment related securities 207
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 180
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 176