NIT and tax treatment for non UK employees employed by UK company
We act for a UK resident company . This company took on an employee on 1 January 2007 who is NOT and WILL NOT be resident/ordinarily resident or domiciled in the UK. This employee is a FRENCH national whose place of residence and domicile is in FRANCE. NONE of his duties of employment will be performed in UK.
We have tried unsuccessfully to speak and obtain advice from :-
End of Year Employers helpline
By post by sending a letter with P46 form explaining the above.
In the end we have been told to contact the centre for non residents, but the number is engaged or we are told to call again. And the email address is useless
We need to know what tax code (we believe the NT code should be applied) to use and obtain confirmation that no NI contributions are payable either. This employee does not have a UK NI number, but we have obtained his French Social Security Number.
It would be helpful if there was some notes and guidance on the web-site or on employers CD rom. While this situation is unusual it is not unique and we should like someone to get back to us ASAP. How does HMRC expect taxpayers/employers to follow the rules if they are not clear or easy to find.
Just managed to get through CNR and guess what they have referred me back to the employers' section (but with new telephone number) and no one is picking up.... plus the NI section for non residents.
Why do they have to make it so complicated????
Any help from members would be greatly appreciated.
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 139 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 76 2
- signature required 408 18
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 48 4
- Pratice Management Software 23 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 174 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 100 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 172 2
- Homing sandwiches 346 9
- Related Party Transactions 98 2
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 145 4
- UK resident receiving USA pension 49 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 454 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 750 13
- More AE! 754 17
- Web sites 236 3
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 595 13
- Dispensation 173 3
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 506 14
- South African family trust and UK resident beneficiary 102 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,229
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 510
- Digita Hosted Software 334
- Credit where credit's due....... 307
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 234
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 184
- TheTax Donut 172
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 155
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 155