NIT and tax treatment for non UK employees employed by UK company
We act for a UK resident company . This company took on an employee on 1 January 2007 who is NOT and WILL NOT be resident/ordinarily resident or domiciled in the UK. This employee is a FRENCH national whose place of residence and domicile is in FRANCE. NONE of his duties of employment will be performed in UK.
We have tried unsuccessfully to speak and obtain advice from :-
End of Year Employers helpline
By post by sending a letter with P46 form explaining the above.
In the end we have been told to contact the centre for non residents, but the number is engaged or we are told to call again. And the email address is useless
We need to know what tax code (we believe the NT code should be applied) to use and obtain confirmation that no NI contributions are payable either. This employee does not have a UK NI number, but we have obtained his French Social Security Number.
It would be helpful if there was some notes and guidance on the web-site or on employers CD rom. While this situation is unusual it is not unique and we should like someone to get back to us ASAP. How does HMRC expect taxpayers/employers to follow the rules if they are not clear or easy to find.
Just managed to get through CNR and guess what they have referred me back to the employers' section (but with new telephone number) and no one is picking up.... plus the NI section for non residents.
Why do they have to make it so complicated????
Any help from members would be greatly appreciated.
- Audit Required 181 5
- Enforcing A CCJ 49 2
- VAT query 97 1
- Belated VAT Exception Application 143 4
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 232 4
- Shouldn't have filed accounts? 400 10
- I have a pain 747 8
- Employment allowance and sage instant payroll 124 1
- Should a company include comparative disclosures when no current year balances? 53 2
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 462 15
- convert directors loan account to share capital 211 7
- non resident receiving UK dividends 102 1
- Need to upgrade from Sage 50 but to what? 201 1
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 290 6
- P11d error 439 10
- Audit Report Query 84 1
- Value pricing 329 12
- company secretarial software 175 3
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,650 13
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,815 27
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 737
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 503
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 356
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 346
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 267
- VAT on Gaming Machines 219
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 204
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 191
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 181
- Director Loan account operation 154