NIT and tax treatment for non UK employees employed by UK company
We act for a UK resident company . This company took on an employee on 1 January 2007 who is NOT and WILL NOT be resident/ordinarily resident or domiciled in the UK. This employee is a FRENCH national whose place of residence and domicile is in FRANCE. NONE of his duties of employment will be performed in UK.
We have tried unsuccessfully to speak and obtain advice from :-
End of Year Employers helpline
By post by sending a letter with P46 form explaining the above.
In the end we have been told to contact the centre for non residents, but the number is engaged or we are told to call again. And the email address is useless
We need to know what tax code (we believe the NT code should be applied) to use and obtain confirmation that no NI contributions are payable either. This employee does not have a UK NI number, but we have obtained his French Social Security Number.
It would be helpful if there was some notes and guidance on the web-site or on employers CD rom. While this situation is unusual it is not unique and we should like someone to get back to us ASAP. How does HMRC expect taxpayers/employers to follow the rules if they are not clear or easy to find.
Just managed to get through CNR and guess what they have referred me back to the employers' section (but with new telephone number) and no one is picking up.... plus the NI section for non residents.
Why do they have to make it so complicated????
Any help from members would be greatly appreciated.
- VAT on garage rent 67 7
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 223 8
- Tasks for new trainees 96 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 58 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 35 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 538 15
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 52 1
- Offshore insurance bonds 95 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,630 46
- Property scam victim 291 4
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 213 5
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 241 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,800 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 158 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 132 2
- Partnership returns software 85 1
- Personal consumption by landlord 267 2
- Business purchase cost - treatment? 69 1
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 90 1
- company loss, Can he start again?? 157 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,082
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 570
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 381
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 285
- Charge out rates in London? 238
- Interest on Loan to a Company 184
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 171
- Agent fees to sell business 161
- Alphabet shares 157
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 150