Nomination for smartphone apps directory and other interesting techy news
It's with great pleasure that I can announce the return to these pages of Jon Wilcox, who, after a two-year sojourn with our sister site PublicTechnology.Net, decided that there is no greater calling in life than to bring news of business technology to the readers of AccountingWEB.co.uk and BusinessZone.
Jon has previously worked on both sites and knows the territory well. So if you've missed up-to-the-minute coverage of laptop launches, broadband speed comparisons and software reviews on AccountingWEB.co.uk, he will be working hard to fill that gap.
One of the first things he's working on is a directory of smartphone apps for accountants. This has proved to be a popular topic with members, so we're going to pull together all the information we hold and try and catalogue the most useful apps by function and operating system. You can help us out by suggesting the ones that have really made a difference to your working life. If you can include comments about what they do, strengths/weaknesses and even a rating out of 5, even better - we'll include your mini-review in our listing!
If the subject continues to attract interest, we're considering shifting the focus of our old Gadget Zone discussion group to more business- and productivity-focused topics such as apps, smartphones and mobile broadband capabilities. Would such a discussion group interest you, and are there any other technology topics you'd like Jon to look into?
Feel free to leave comments here, or come and join us in the discussion group, and we can continue the conversation there.
- equipment rental 144 7
- Separate trades advice for sole trader 30 1
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 707 5
- What is wrong with HMRC? 409 5
- Tech Champion of the Year 54 2
- Non-resident employer & employee 50 2
- Entrepeneurs Relief 115 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,290 65
- Boffin of the Year 540 17
- Non sequitur 414 5
- Glass-half-full member of the year? 366 13
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 699 3
- SATR won't match P14 - what would you do? 110 3
- Vat on digital download of music 54 1
- Help needed.... 140 2
- Claiming salary pre incorporation 108 1
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 461 7
- Freight Forwarders - VAT 131 4
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 382 6
- HMRC website error 191 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,335
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 428
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 345
- Alphabet shares 228
- Agent fees to sell business 224
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 217
- Office recharges 175
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 160
- Charge out rates in London 153
- which entity 145