Non-dom £30k tax charge - nominated income/gains
I've been contacting my non-dom clients in the run up to the end of the tax year to ensure that they have ring-fenced some offshore income to nominate for the £30k tax charge (those that are required to pay it).
So far I've not had any problems, but i'm worried that there's not much time to ring-fence an account and get some income paid on it before 5 April.
I was wondering whether anyone had found any friendly banks who were able to set up an account in a hurry to save the client getting into the punative remittance rules? Or what other advisers were doing for their non-dom clients before the deadline?
I'd be interested to hear anyone's experiences.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 133 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 163 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,207 35
- Mortgage Reference 518 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 218 7
- Insovent companies 878 19
- New Build 180 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,293 48
- BrightPay quirks 192 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 801 20
- Website Content 143 1
- Personal Tax 623 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 172 1
- USA Tax Query 296 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 434 5
- last minute request 650 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 346 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 383 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,736 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6