Non-dom £30k tax charge - nominated income/gains
I've been contacting my non-dom clients in the run up to the end of the tax year to ensure that they have ring-fenced some offshore income to nominate for the £30k tax charge (those that are required to pay it).
So far I've not had any problems, but i'm worried that there's not much time to ring-fence an account and get some income paid on it before 5 April.
I was wondering whether anyone had found any friendly banks who were able to set up an account in a hurry to save the client getting into the punative remittance rules? Or what other advisers were doing for their non-dom clients before the deadline?
I'd be interested to hear anyone's experiences.
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 82 1
- Special dividends & CGT 176 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 120 1
- Networking 324 5
- Turnover on a tax return 468 10
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,209 33
- VAT refund 268 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 260 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 290 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 124 1
- incorrect old p60 512 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 325 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 257 2
- IT Contractor 276 1
- Sage instant account codes 185 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 281 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 327 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,968 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 341 4
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 320 1