Non-dom £30k tax charge - nominated income/gains
I've been contacting my non-dom clients in the run up to the end of the tax year to ensure that they have ring-fenced some offshore income to nominate for the £30k tax charge (those that are required to pay it).
So far I've not had any problems, but i'm worried that there's not much time to ring-fence an account and get some income paid on it before 5 April.
I was wondering whether anyone had found any friendly banks who were able to set up an account in a hurry to save the client getting into the punative remittance rules? Or what other advisers were doing for their non-dom clients before the deadline?
I'd be interested to hear anyone's experiences.
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 329
- Set up a company pension 273
- RTI Fees 250
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 233
- Where's our 10%? 227
- Driving sales growth 204
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 200
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 197
- EIS 192
- Regiatration of a Trust 190
- HMRC Enquiry Assessments 189
- CIS late registration 188
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 177
- Break up basis accounting 172
- Best structure 169
- Property owned privately 163
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 154
- iQor recovering HMRC debts again 134
- Accruing for fixed asset invoice 131
- SEIS and DeMinimus Aid 128