Is this normal for HMRC?
As an agent we rang HMRC and after passing the identity checks the conversation went:
HMRC: How can we help you?
Agent: Do you want the NINO or the UTR?
HMRC: What are you calling about first?
Agent: Surely you need the NINO or UTR first?
HMRC: No, we need to know the purpose of your call.
Agent: The purpose of the call is to ask about progress with our letter dated 16 January.
HMRC: Thank you. What is the UTR?
Agent: The UTR is xxxxxx xxxxxx so now you have asked for what we offered at the begininng of this conversation.
HMRC: That's how we work.
Is this normal or have we missed something?
- Director drawings 237 17
- Childcare voucher schemes 36 3
- Charitable Company's Accounts 68 2
- What sectors to target? 116 4
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 24 1
- client can't/won't pay 1,849 40
- Interest Relief 154 5
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 480 28
- What is the treatment of gains on sale of Options granted in Belgium 33 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,567 54
- Rental losses 116 3
- Should i tell HMRC 1,565 14
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 289 2
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 144 3
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 219 8
- Carrying forward self employment losses 177 8
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 537 19
- Child Benefit Higher Income Tax Charge 126 3
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 98 2
- Balancing allowance/charge calculation on cessation of self-employment 62 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 900
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 599
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 569
- Latest phishing scam 525
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 371
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 338
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 278
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 178
- Sabbatical payments 169