Is this normal for HMRC?
As an agent we rang HMRC and after passing the identity checks the conversation went:
HMRC: How can we help you?
Agent: Do you want the NINO or the UTR?
HMRC: What are you calling about first?
Agent: Surely you need the NINO or UTR first?
HMRC: No, we need to know the purpose of your call.
Agent: The purpose of the call is to ask about progress with our letter dated 16 January.
HMRC: Thank you. What is the UTR?
Agent: The UTR is xxxxxx xxxxxx so now you have asked for what we offered at the begininng of this conversation.
HMRC: That's how we work.
Is this normal or have we missed something?
- Peer to Peer lending 41 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 55 3
- Well well well 139 1
- Dividend payment date 1,811 32
- Use of aliases 681 19
- Any Benefit in Kind when obliged to attend a dinner? 101 1
- Capital Gains Tax 43 2
- Accounting Crew 850 20
- Real names 340 13
- What's the plural? 606 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 284 12
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 454 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,350 17
- No VAT returns submitted since registration 71 1
- Capital allowances 196 4
- Who owns the data 106 1
- Builder - Roll over relief 366 16
- Studying accountant has hit a brick wall - help me! 2,108 19
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 150 5
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 81 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 566
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 423
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 324
- IFA incorporation 299
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 291
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 280
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 246
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 232
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 220
- Sorry ignore me 202