Is this normal for HMRC?
As an agent we rang HMRC and after passing the identity checks the conversation went:
HMRC: How can we help you?
Agent: Do you want the NINO or the UTR?
HMRC: What are you calling about first?
Agent: Surely you need the NINO or UTR first?
HMRC: No, we need to know the purpose of your call.
Agent: The purpose of the call is to ask about progress with our letter dated 16 January.
HMRC: Thank you. What is the UTR?
Agent: The UTR is xxxxxx xxxxxx so now you have asked for what we offered at the begininng of this conversation.
HMRC: That's how we work.
Is this normal or have we missed something?
- I used to think HMRC contact lines couldnt get any worse................ 51 1
- Rogue Accountant 3,818 58
- Do accountants work at home? 332 7
- Where has Portia gone? 5,915 120
- How to introduce funds in to a Limited by guarantee company 31 1
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 816 14
- ER Relief 78 2
- 'Workers' for AE purposes 87 1
- Payroll question 235 3
- Share buyback, possible embezzlement 263 5
- Where did you buy your Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500? 81 3
- Can a trust benefit from PPR 709 6
- VAT Registration 211 1
- How do you do it 418 1
- Help 498 14
- Payments on account 323 6
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 789 21
- Do you need to account for a director loan separate from the current account 119 1
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 323 1
- Sage 50 accounts 115 3