Is this normal for HMRC?
As an agent we rang HMRC and after passing the identity checks the conversation went:
HMRC: How can we help you?
Agent: Do you want the NINO or the UTR?
HMRC: What are you calling about first?
Agent: Surely you need the NINO or UTR first?
HMRC: No, we need to know the purpose of your call.
Agent: The purpose of the call is to ask about progress with our letter dated 16 January.
HMRC: Thank you. What is the UTR?
Agent: The UTR is xxxxxx xxxxxx so now you have asked for what we offered at the begininng of this conversation.
HMRC: That's how we work.
Is this normal or have we missed something?
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 137 2
- Cash basis 406 11
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,834 27
- Fee base v staff ratio 234 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 303 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 207 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 70 1
- Investor exit 182 3
- Partially exempt? 358 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 115 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 391 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,200 22
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 371 4
- Statutory sick pay 234 3
- Overseas bank interest 222 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 164 1
- Kasperskey - home pc 362 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 224 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 316 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,957 589
- Skandia using wrong address 554
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 302
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 298
- Employee rewards 282
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 259
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 247
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 235
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 218
- Etax Australian 180
- LLP in Construction Industry 144