Is this normal for HMRC?
As an agent we rang HMRC and after passing the identity checks the conversation went:
HMRC: How can we help you?
Agent: Do you want the NINO or the UTR?
HMRC: What are you calling about first?
Agent: Surely you need the NINO or UTR first?
HMRC: No, we need to know the purpose of your call.
Agent: The purpose of the call is to ask about progress with our letter dated 16 January.
HMRC: Thank you. What is the UTR?
Agent: The UTR is xxxxxx xxxxxx so now you have asked for what we offered at the begininng of this conversation.
HMRC: That's how we work.
Is this normal or have we missed something?
- Recharge for private use of a company car 606 18
- Community awards 2014 - first category 220 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 347 18
- Payment plans for clients 293 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 110 4
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 487 14
- Employee steeling client data 150 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,376 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 195 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 138 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 95 1
- CT600 285 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 228 4
- signature required 924 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 218 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 349 4
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 185 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 95 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 164 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 109 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,313
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 862
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 562
- Credit where credit's due....... 344
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 264
- TheTax Donut 238
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 196
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 188
- Director's business mileage 159
- Sole trader CPD 150