Is this normal for HMRC?
As an agent we rang HMRC and after passing the identity checks the conversation went:
HMRC: How can we help you?
Agent: Do you want the NINO or the UTR?
HMRC: What are you calling about first?
Agent: Surely you need the NINO or UTR first?
HMRC: No, we need to know the purpose of your call.
Agent: The purpose of the call is to ask about progress with our letter dated 16 January.
HMRC: Thank you. What is the UTR?
Agent: The UTR is xxxxxx xxxxxx so now you have asked for what we offered at the begininng of this conversation.
HMRC: That's how we work.
Is this normal or have we missed something?
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 57 3
- Claiming VAT on car lease 380 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 27 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 559 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 629 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 70 2
- Freelance/Employee 610 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 140 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 289 6
- Is it just me ... 185 5
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 115 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 257 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 85 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 321 10
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 122 1
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 209 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,467 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 105 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 349 14
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,171 27
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 739
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 403
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 351
- Electric Car 287
- S222 Charge 234
- IP trans to holding company 182
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 180
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 166
- AIA 162
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 154