Is this normal for HMRC?
As an agent we rang HMRC and after passing the identity checks the conversation went:
HMRC: How can we help you?
Agent: Do you want the NINO or the UTR?
HMRC: What are you calling about first?
Agent: Surely you need the NINO or UTR first?
HMRC: No, we need to know the purpose of your call.
Agent: The purpose of the call is to ask about progress with our letter dated 16 January.
HMRC: Thank you. What is the UTR?
Agent: The UTR is xxxxxx xxxxxx so now you have asked for what we offered at the begininng of this conversation.
HMRC: That's how we work.
Is this normal or have we missed something?
- Time to react ? ? ? 182 1
- New build property to be rented 122 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 893 12
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,857 52
- Hello 342 2
- Sage 200 question 85 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 83 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 130 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 141 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 200 4
- Private company division 304 5
- Outstanding Loans 207 3
- Networking 863 7
- Allocation of income from property 623 22
- Services by BVI Company for UK Company 108 2
- bookkeeping system 481 7
- Sharing ODBC Excel Pivot Tables over network 116 2
- Company car in the LLP 137 1
- 64-8 problems 336 4
- flat rate scheme 1,879 37