Is this normal for HMRC?
As an agent we rang HMRC and after passing the identity checks the conversation went:
HMRC: How can we help you?
Agent: Do you want the NINO or the UTR?
HMRC: What are you calling about first?
Agent: Surely you need the NINO or UTR first?
HMRC: No, we need to know the purpose of your call.
Agent: The purpose of the call is to ask about progress with our letter dated 16 January.
HMRC: Thank you. What is the UTR?
Agent: The UTR is xxxxxx xxxxxx so now you have asked for what we offered at the begininng of this conversation.
HMRC: That's how we work.
Is this normal or have we missed something?
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,666 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 287 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 179 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,552 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 71 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 222 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 220 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 816 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 109 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,297 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 909 37
- Second Limited Company 125 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 496 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 294 8
- Probate services 371 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 508 20
- trading losses allowable? 760 14
- Post AAT? 692 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 153 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 195 2