Is this normal for HMRC?
As an agent we rang HMRC and after passing the identity checks the conversation went:
HMRC: How can we help you?
Agent: Do you want the NINO or the UTR?
HMRC: What are you calling about first?
Agent: Surely you need the NINO or UTR first?
HMRC: No, we need to know the purpose of your call.
Agent: The purpose of the call is to ask about progress with our letter dated 16 January.
HMRC: Thank you. What is the UTR?
Agent: The UTR is xxxxxx xxxxxx so now you have asked for what we offered at the begininng of this conversation.
HMRC: That's how we work.
Is this normal or have we missed something?
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 843 37
- Pension Contributions Relief 383 12
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 421 18
- Furnished lettings criteria 188 2
- Is this fraud? 375 6
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 78 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 778 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,471 31
- Saying goodbye 469 13
- Tax on private fuel for own car 210 5
- Sportman claiming for training kit 1,016 11
- Flat rate scheme 211 3
- Drop box Storage 219 3
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 284 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,199 413
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 624 4
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 422 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 168 2
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 140 1
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 206 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,276
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 456
- National Insurance 353
- Non Resident 270
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 262
- Franchise income and costs 242
- Hands on experience of Digita 205
- Employer's Helpline 150
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 148
- employment capital allowances 140