Is this normal for HMRC?
As an agent we rang HMRC and after passing the identity checks the conversation went:
HMRC: How can we help you?
Agent: Do you want the NINO or the UTR?
HMRC: What are you calling about first?
Agent: Surely you need the NINO or UTR first?
HMRC: No, we need to know the purpose of your call.
Agent: The purpose of the call is to ask about progress with our letter dated 16 January.
HMRC: Thank you. What is the UTR?
Agent: The UTR is xxxxxx xxxxxx so now you have asked for what we offered at the begininng of this conversation.
HMRC: That's how we work.
Is this normal or have we missed something?
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 69 1
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 324 9
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 190 5
- 27,000 Really? 1,169 38
- What are options for non CA firm 2,844 60
- Legal title not in the company name 803 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 356 4
- Opening Balances 213 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 594 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 133 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 103 1
- This is getting boring 628 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 271 7
- pension paid by company? 130 3
- inheritance tax 434 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 356 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 233 4
- State pension 306 3
- Accountancy Career 152 1
- CIC Company 661 13
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 642
- Cancelled 396
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 355
- Cancelled 340
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 311
- Probiz 306
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 282
- How not to compose an email 274
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 259
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 224