Is this normal for HMRC?
As an agent we rang HMRC and after passing the identity checks the conversation went:
HMRC: How can we help you?
Agent: Do you want the NINO or the UTR?
HMRC: What are you calling about first?
Agent: Surely you need the NINO or UTR first?
HMRC: No, we need to know the purpose of your call.
Agent: The purpose of the call is to ask about progress with our letter dated 16 January.
HMRC: Thank you. What is the UTR?
Agent: The UTR is xxxxxx xxxxxx so now you have asked for what we offered at the begininng of this conversation.
HMRC: That's how we work.
Is this normal or have we missed something?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 511 5
- See you all on the other side 643 6
- 12Pay 367 2
- dividends 498 2
- R&D 279 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,135 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 420 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 359 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 328 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 515 5
- Seeking a tax case 592 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 455 4
- Companies house strike off 447 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 368 2
- Moving to the cloud 712 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 205 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 864 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 193 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,072 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 464 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 544
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 411
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 361
- IRIS and FRS 102 342
- Capitalising Finance Lease 309
- USA help 306
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 281
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 277
- Capital gains on rental property 253
- Sage Coretime 228