Not a question...
Very low this week. The background noise of my life has become incredibly loud all of a sudden and the regulator who can not be named but who destroyed me for calling a complaint "froth" (which means "matter without substance" not "scum" as many people seem to think) whilst as manic as a bag of angry cats is really messing me about at the moment.
I was invited mid last year by this wonderful body to reapply to them, regain my licence and so increase my earnings 3-6 fold. Since then they have t a k e n t h e s l o w e s t r o u t e possible to doing this and keep trying to find every and any reason not to.
For 5 years now, this body has undertaken an investigation in any aspect of my life it feels like and criticise any action I have taken at any time because it can. It is especially hung up on my illness - and yet it seems incapable of understanding that much of the extremes of my illness have been CAUSED BY THEM!
The stress and pressure they put on me because I wrote a poorly drafted letter was so extreme in 2008 that I cracked completely.
What is more, in taking away my right to work they also presented a ripe opportunity to my former business partners to take from me the business I had built up without making any payment to me. ("Here sign this, and we'll look after you...")
This in turn left me several hundred thousand pounds in debt - the business had borrowing that I had guaranteed, but I now had no income to support them.
NOW it appears that the fine body who applied the single largest individual penalty to me (at the time) for writing my letter, now want to punish me for being in debt, for my company going bust and for my inability to deal with any of this whilst I was clinically nuts (as certified by three different mental health professionals and one GP). Is it me, or can anyone else see the circular logic to this...
Anyway, the point is, every so often, the regulator gives me some hope that there may be an end to the nightmare of the last 5 years... and then, they snatch it away completely and I sink back into despair. Why won't they just be straight forward with me and tell me that there is no chance that they will ever let me get my life back, they will never let me rejoin and they don't want a loon to be a member of their club.
As ever, support / suggestions / direction greatly appreciated.
- Just because it's Friday 223 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,341 66
- Inheritance Tax - Simple Question 121 4
- Non-resident employer & employee 101 4
- Capital Allowances 132 4
- equipment rental 218 10
- Acquisition by company 93 5
- Non sequitur 520 7
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 1,461 23
- R&D on products not sold 93 3
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 883 13
- Tech Champion of the Year 228 5
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 192 4
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 629 9
- Transfer of land to family members 83 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 578 11
- The process of issuing dividend? 193 6
- Not registered for VAT. Germany wants proof! 215 5
- Pattern for CTA 319 7
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 1,414 8
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,360
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 436
- Alphabet shares 237
- Agent fees to sell business 230
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 226
- Charge out rates in London 176
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 167
- which entity 147
- UK tax regime 'attractive' to investors, says KPMG 142
- confusion about 140