Not a question...
Very low this week. The background noise of my life has become incredibly loud all of a sudden and the regulator who can not be named but who destroyed me for calling a complaint "froth" (which means "matter without substance" not "scum" as many people seem to think) whilst as manic as a bag of angry cats is really messing me about at the moment.
I was invited mid last year by this wonderful body to reapply to them, regain my licence and so increase my earnings 3-6 fold. Since then they have t a k e n t h e s l o w e s t r o u t e possible to doing this and keep trying to find every and any reason not to.
For 5 years now, this body has undertaken an investigation in any aspect of my life it feels like and criticise any action I have taken at any time because it can. It is especially hung up on my illness - and yet it seems incapable of understanding that much of the extremes of my illness have been CAUSED BY THEM!
The stress and pressure they put on me because I wrote a poorly drafted letter was so extreme in 2008 that I cracked completely.
What is more, in taking away my right to work they also presented a ripe opportunity to my former business partners to take from me the business I had built up without making any payment to me. ("Here sign this, and we'll look after you...")
This in turn left me several hundred thousand pounds in debt - the business had borrowing that I had guaranteed, but I now had no income to support them.
NOW it appears that the fine body who applied the single largest individual penalty to me (at the time) for writing my letter, now want to punish me for being in debt, for my company going bust and for my inability to deal with any of this whilst I was clinically nuts (as certified by three different mental health professionals and one GP). Is it me, or can anyone else see the circular logic to this...
Anyway, the point is, every so often, the regulator gives me some hope that there may be an end to the nightmare of the last 5 years... and then, they snatch it away completely and I sink back into despair. Why won't they just be straight forward with me and tell me that there is no chance that they will ever let me get my life back, they will never let me rejoin and they don't want a loon to be a member of their club.
As ever, support / suggestions / direction greatly appreciated.
- VAT: option to tax 86 2
- Vat 33 2
- IHT dilemma 271 11
- Share Valuation 40 2
- Personal Allowance for non residents 340 9
- Dormant company or not? 288 13
- VAT - Land Related Services 82 1
- Best form of debt recovery 149 3
- Backdating VAT claim 24 1
- WIP recognition for builders 366 8
- Do I need to keep subscribing to CIMA post qualification? 278 15
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,064 9
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 154 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 91 2
- Share Issue 207 1
- Payment of Capital from and LLP and Corporate member 140 11
- Client avoiding UK Tax. 746 23
- PAYE/NI due date? 143 2
- repairs and/or improvements 110 2
- To Do List 1,525 31
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 654
- Property let at a reduced rate - losses brought forward 515
- Auto enrolment excuses 472
- Removed post 368
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 344
- Social investment tax relief 159
- Call Centre Data Costs 153
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 152
- Digita Hosted Software 138
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 130