Not a question...
Very low this week. The background noise of my life has become incredibly loud all of a sudden and the regulator who can not be named but who destroyed me for calling a complaint "froth" (which means "matter without substance" not "scum" as many people seem to think) whilst as manic as a bag of angry cats is really messing me about at the moment.
I was invited mid last year by this wonderful body to reapply to them, regain my licence and so increase my earnings 3-6 fold. Since then they have t a k e n t h e s l o w e s t r o u t e possible to doing this and keep trying to find every and any reason not to.
For 5 years now, this body has undertaken an investigation in any aspect of my life it feels like and criticise any action I have taken at any time because it can. It is especially hung up on my illness - and yet it seems incapable of understanding that much of the extremes of my illness have been CAUSED BY THEM!
The stress and pressure they put on me because I wrote a poorly drafted letter was so extreme in 2008 that I cracked completely.
What is more, in taking away my right to work they also presented a ripe opportunity to my former business partners to take from me the business I had built up without making any payment to me. ("Here sign this, and we'll look after you...")
This in turn left me several hundred thousand pounds in debt - the business had borrowing that I had guaranteed, but I now had no income to support them.
NOW it appears that the fine body who applied the single largest individual penalty to me (at the time) for writing my letter, now want to punish me for being in debt, for my company going bust and for my inability to deal with any of this whilst I was clinically nuts (as certified by three different mental health professionals and one GP). Is it me, or can anyone else see the circular logic to this...
Anyway, the point is, every so often, the regulator gives me some hope that there may be an end to the nightmare of the last 5 years... and then, they snatch it away completely and I sink back into despair. Why won't they just be straight forward with me and tell me that there is no chance that they will ever let me get my life back, they will never let me rejoin and they don't want a loon to be a member of their club.
As ever, support / suggestions / direction greatly appreciated.
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 81 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 498 24
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,272 271
- Payroll provider 70 5
- Repairs after a rental business ends 275 9
- How do we report and pay tax liability of company car we give to employee? 101 1
- Family loan 334 8
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 317 5
- business card address 209 5
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 180 6
- Standard 'email' template system 800 13
- Donations (to a school!) 308 10
- Circular shareholding 130 3
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 257 1
- Employment related securities question 558 2
- Shutting down a company with creditors 944 12
- Private Residence Election for CGT purposes 256 4
- Expenses of overseas employment 108 1
- Tax implications for client leaving share incentive plan 96 2
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 152 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,100
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 361
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 298
- National Insurance 267
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 237
- Payments on account coded out?? 226
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 218
- Non Resident 180
- Franchise income and costs 173
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 153