Not a question...
Very low this week. The background noise of my life has become incredibly loud all of a sudden and the regulator who can not be named but who destroyed me for calling a complaint "froth" (which means "matter without substance" not "scum" as many people seem to think) whilst as manic as a bag of angry cats is really messing me about at the moment.
I was invited mid last year by this wonderful body to reapply to them, regain my licence and so increase my earnings 3-6 fold. Since then they have t a k e n t h e s l o w e s t r o u t e possible to doing this and keep trying to find every and any reason not to.
For 5 years now, this body has undertaken an investigation in any aspect of my life it feels like and criticise any action I have taken at any time because it can. It is especially hung up on my illness - and yet it seems incapable of understanding that much of the extremes of my illness have been CAUSED BY THEM!
The stress and pressure they put on me because I wrote a poorly drafted letter was so extreme in 2008 that I cracked completely.
What is more, in taking away my right to work they also presented a ripe opportunity to my former business partners to take from me the business I had built up without making any payment to me. ("Here sign this, and we'll look after you...")
This in turn left me several hundred thousand pounds in debt - the business had borrowing that I had guaranteed, but I now had no income to support them.
NOW it appears that the fine body who applied the single largest individual penalty to me (at the time) for writing my letter, now want to punish me for being in debt, for my company going bust and for my inability to deal with any of this whilst I was clinically nuts (as certified by three different mental health professionals and one GP). Is it me, or can anyone else see the circular logic to this...
Anyway, the point is, every so often, the regulator gives me some hope that there may be an end to the nightmare of the last 5 years... and then, they snatch it away completely and I sink back into despair. Why won't they just be straight forward with me and tell me that there is no chance that they will ever let me get my life back, they will never let me rejoin and they don't want a loon to be a member of their club.
As ever, support / suggestions / direction greatly appreciated.
- Ex Gratia payments 104 2
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,198 27
- Employee satisfaction surveys 74 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,230 17
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,338 21
- CIS and Close Company 134 3
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 302 1
- VAT Option to tax 483 17
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 189 6
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 204 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 139 2
- Director leaving in month 1 178 2
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 304 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 186 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 203 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 199 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 184 4
- IHT - clawback of BPR 59 1
- EIS - connection through employment 99 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 259 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 916
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 645
- Free Tax Legislation? 411
- Director Loan account operation 407
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 349
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 323
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 224
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 196
- Pension Fixed Protection 163