Not a question...
Very low this week. The background noise of my life has become incredibly loud all of a sudden and the regulator who can not be named but who destroyed me for calling a complaint "froth" (which means "matter without substance" not "scum" as many people seem to think) whilst as manic as a bag of angry cats is really messing me about at the moment.
I was invited mid last year by this wonderful body to reapply to them, regain my licence and so increase my earnings 3-6 fold. Since then they have t a k e n t h e s l o w e s t r o u t e possible to doing this and keep trying to find every and any reason not to.
For 5 years now, this body has undertaken an investigation in any aspect of my life it feels like and criticise any action I have taken at any time because it can. It is especially hung up on my illness - and yet it seems incapable of understanding that much of the extremes of my illness have been CAUSED BY THEM!
The stress and pressure they put on me because I wrote a poorly drafted letter was so extreme in 2008 that I cracked completely.
What is more, in taking away my right to work they also presented a ripe opportunity to my former business partners to take from me the business I had built up without making any payment to me. ("Here sign this, and we'll look after you...")
This in turn left me several hundred thousand pounds in debt - the business had borrowing that I had guaranteed, but I now had no income to support them.
NOW it appears that the fine body who applied the single largest individual penalty to me (at the time) for writing my letter, now want to punish me for being in debt, for my company going bust and for my inability to deal with any of this whilst I was clinically nuts (as certified by three different mental health professionals and one GP). Is it me, or can anyone else see the circular logic to this...
Anyway, the point is, every so often, the regulator gives me some hope that there may be an end to the nightmare of the last 5 years... and then, they snatch it away completely and I sink back into despair. Why won't they just be straight forward with me and tell me that there is no chance that they will ever let me get my life back, they will never let me rejoin and they don't want a loon to be a member of their club.
As ever, support / suggestions / direction greatly appreciated.
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 233 4
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 909 14
- Moneysoft Payroll 137 1
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 466 7
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 906 19
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 149 4
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 216 8
- Client right to working papers 1,539 11
- vat gross margins 186 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 200 4
- e mail 170 1
- Auto enrolment 580 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,351 6
- VAT on new build property 153 2
- Auto enrolment 298 9
- SAGE 50 2011 148 1
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,630 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,871 22
- Loss on sale of goodwill 210 2
- 1st year reporting under FRS 102 - Property revaluation 264 5
- NHS finance professionals 669
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 411
- Foreign Pension Contribution 375
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 366
- vat gross profit percentage margins 358
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 350
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 309
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 275
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 238
- IFA income recognition & reporting 212