Not a question...
Very low this week. The background noise of my life has become incredibly loud all of a sudden and the regulator who can not be named but who destroyed me for calling a complaint "froth" (which means "matter without substance" not "scum" as many people seem to think) whilst as manic as a bag of angry cats is really messing me about at the moment.
I was invited mid last year by this wonderful body to reapply to them, regain my licence and so increase my earnings 3-6 fold. Since then they have t a k e n t h e s l o w e s t r o u t e possible to doing this and keep trying to find every and any reason not to.
For 5 years now, this body has undertaken an investigation in any aspect of my life it feels like and criticise any action I have taken at any time because it can. It is especially hung up on my illness - and yet it seems incapable of understanding that much of the extremes of my illness have been CAUSED BY THEM!
The stress and pressure they put on me because I wrote a poorly drafted letter was so extreme in 2008 that I cracked completely.
What is more, in taking away my right to work they also presented a ripe opportunity to my former business partners to take from me the business I had built up without making any payment to me. ("Here sign this, and we'll look after you...")
This in turn left me several hundred thousand pounds in debt - the business had borrowing that I had guaranteed, but I now had no income to support them.
NOW it appears that the fine body who applied the single largest individual penalty to me (at the time) for writing my letter, now want to punish me for being in debt, for my company going bust and for my inability to deal with any of this whilst I was clinically nuts (as certified by three different mental health professionals and one GP). Is it me, or can anyone else see the circular logic to this...
Anyway, the point is, every so often, the regulator gives me some hope that there may be an end to the nightmare of the last 5 years... and then, they snatch it away completely and I sink back into despair. Why won't they just be straight forward with me and tell me that there is no chance that they will ever let me get my life back, they will never let me rejoin and they don't want a loon to be a member of their club.
As ever, support / suggestions / direction greatly appreciated.
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 213 10
- Excel query 64 2
- Funding Circle experience 108 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,239 13
- Payment on account penalties 80 3
- Tax on free shares 115 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 185 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 114 1
- Audit 469 14
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 388 8
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 113 3
- Buying a horse?? 399 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 184 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 758 21
- PITA ex-client 243 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 247 6
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 358 9
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 324 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,667 19
- New supplier 159 3
- CTA study material 801
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 491
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 455
- Employment related securities question 318
- AIM Stocks and IHT 306
- Expat pension contributions? 278
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 275
- Trust for Employee 254
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 223
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 158