Not a question...
Very low this week. The background noise of my life has become incredibly loud all of a sudden and the regulator who can not be named but who destroyed me for calling a complaint "froth" (which means "matter without substance" not "scum" as many people seem to think) whilst as manic as a bag of angry cats is really messing me about at the moment.
I was invited mid last year by this wonderful body to reapply to them, regain my licence and so increase my earnings 3-6 fold. Since then they have t a k e n t h e s l o w e s t r o u t e possible to doing this and keep trying to find every and any reason not to.
For 5 years now, this body has undertaken an investigation in any aspect of my life it feels like and criticise any action I have taken at any time because it can. It is especially hung up on my illness - and yet it seems incapable of understanding that much of the extremes of my illness have been CAUSED BY THEM!
The stress and pressure they put on me because I wrote a poorly drafted letter was so extreme in 2008 that I cracked completely.
What is more, in taking away my right to work they also presented a ripe opportunity to my former business partners to take from me the business I had built up without making any payment to me. ("Here sign this, and we'll look after you...")
This in turn left me several hundred thousand pounds in debt - the business had borrowing that I had guaranteed, but I now had no income to support them.
NOW it appears that the fine body who applied the single largest individual penalty to me (at the time) for writing my letter, now want to punish me for being in debt, for my company going bust and for my inability to deal with any of this whilst I was clinically nuts (as certified by three different mental health professionals and one GP). Is it me, or can anyone else see the circular logic to this...
Anyway, the point is, every so often, the regulator gives me some hope that there may be an end to the nightmare of the last 5 years... and then, they snatch it away completely and I sink back into despair. Why won't they just be straight forward with me and tell me that there is no chance that they will ever let me get my life back, they will never let me rejoin and they don't want a loon to be a member of their club.
As ever, support / suggestions / direction greatly appreciated.
- Being put under pressure to give a valuation of no value on shares transfer 68 2
- Rental Property income split 36 1
- mileage reimbursement 410 11
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 298 6
- Can osCommerce decide whether to apply VAT to an overseas sale? 81 1
- exemption from preparing group accounts 109 1
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 441 7
- Do sale of PPR's need declaring on tax return? 426 7
- P111D expenses and partnership 303 6
- Use of home as office and P11d 175 1
- Self employed want to go on their own payroll - possible? 315 3
- Accounting software supporting merchant site 142 2
- Sale of a house in trust 99 1
- Losses for tax purposes 459 13
- ICAEW Re-admission 324 3
- non-qualifying FHL/rent-a-room relief 283 5
- Foreign Partner - SA109? 265 4
- setting up in Gibraltar 297 3
- CT600 software 457 13
- Belgium-UK double taxation treaty 171 1
- The booking.com con 456
- WWOOFers 406
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 400
- Ho Ho Ho 389
- Purpose of issuing Holding share capital for s135 share exchange 279
- barclays UK vesus barclays US 276
- Indicator/ FLMemo tax essentials for advisors 201
- Partners owning Partnership trading premises 195
- FHL & Rent a Room Interaction 184
- Private medical insurance - put it through company? 174