Obtaining book-keeping /accounts prep work ?
I am just starting up offering accounting and taxation services for sole traders / small businesses and I have been advised that as a means of establishing business, to get me going, I should contact accountants within my area enquiring about the possibility of doing some freelance work for them. Is this an acceptable way of generating business ?
I have no intention of using this as a means of taking clients as it would not be acceptable and I would imagine that I would enter some kind of agreement with the accountant to prevent this any way.
I wouldn't be using this as my only means of gaining work as I have other plans for marketing my business, but starting from scratch as I am, I need to start somewhere !
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any offers of the freelancing work even more so !
My email is : email@example.com
- Going through security 233 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 450 17
- Dividend Tax Petition 282 3
- Sage VAT return reports difference post reconciliation 217 1
- Bank reconciliation 246 8
- Practice software 649 14
- Financial Forecasting software recommendations please 324 3
- Sage Accounts in a mess 245 5
- Tax efficient vehicle 449 8
- Buy to let investors and the budget changes. 134 2
- Business only use of company car 195 5
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 224 7
- Buying a business premises in a pension 160 2
- Goodwill on incorporation 500 17
- Paying PAYE by Direct Debit 347 10
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 166 2
- Retail business software/accounting system 134 2
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 195 9
- Certificate of Tax Deposit and APN's 107 1
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 3,299 77
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 240
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 224
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 211
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 199
- Web site and client access area advice 182
- Expenses Software 179
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 166
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 159
- CTA Material 159
- Any thoughts on Capium? 154