Obtaining book-keeping /accounts prep work ?
I am just starting up offering accounting and taxation services for sole traders / small businesses and I have been advised that as a means of establishing business, to get me going, I should contact accountants within my area enquiring about the possibility of doing some freelance work for them. Is this an acceptable way of generating business ?
I have no intention of using this as a means of taking clients as it would not be acceptable and I would imagine that I would enter some kind of agreement with the accountant to prevent this any way.
I wouldn't be using this as my only means of gaining work as I have other plans for marketing my business, but starting from scratch as I am, I need to start somewhere !
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any offers of the freelancing work even more so !
My email is : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do we have to register for VAT? 473 10
- Receipt bank 334 7
- Investment from Friend 164 9
- Self Assessment and P11D 122 4
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 338 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 625 23
- Company dividends 544 15
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 167 5
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 66 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 904 38
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,155 15
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 150 2
- TRONC scheme 103 1
- Advice on letting a client go ? 705 13
- Capital Gains Relief 154 5
- client can't/won't pay 1,607 29
- Identity check problem 1,267 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 204 3
- Business Set up cost 112 1
- Aged Debtor 90 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 876
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 576
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 541
- Latest phishing scam 474
- Entrepreneurs' relief 423
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 345
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 320
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 245
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 241
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 166