Obtaining book-keeping /accounts prep work ?
I am just starting up offering accounting and taxation services for sole traders / small businesses and I have been advised that as a means of establishing business, to get me going, I should contact accountants within my area enquiring about the possibility of doing some freelance work for them. Is this an acceptable way of generating business ?
I have no intention of using this as a means of taking clients as it would not be acceptable and I would imagine that I would enter some kind of agreement with the accountant to prevent this any way.
I wouldn't be using this as my only means of gaining work as I have other plans for marketing my business, but starting from scratch as I am, I need to start somewhere !
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any offers of the freelancing work even more so !
My email is : firstname.lastname@example.org
- I do not love you 194 4
- Gift of FHL - subsequent PPR not denied? 180 1
- Limited Company 157 3
- Love is in the air 744 10
- Stamp Duty 331 5
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 744 19
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 884 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 396 5
- Paying Son 806 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 404 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 284 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,072 47
- Setting up a practice 639 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 622 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 564 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 487 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 249 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,870 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 461 1
- Client Paperwork Retention? 614 13
- Foreign domicile status 309
- DTA tie-breaker issue 306
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 302
- CGT for NOn UK residents 286
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 282
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 262
- Apprenticeship Levy 248
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 245
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 237
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 231