Obtaining book-keeping /accounts prep work ?
I am just starting up offering accounting and taxation services for sole traders / small businesses and I have been advised that as a means of establishing business, to get me going, I should contact accountants within my area enquiring about the possibility of doing some freelance work for them. Is this an acceptable way of generating business ?
I have no intention of using this as a means of taking clients as it would not be acceptable and I would imagine that I would enter some kind of agreement with the accountant to prevent this any way.
I wouldn't be using this as my only means of gaining work as I have other plans for marketing my business, but starting from scratch as I am, I need to start somewhere !
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any offers of the freelancing work even more so !
My email is : email@example.com
- Project being run jointly 157 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 283 4
- Companies House 570 9
- Dress code 311 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 106 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 299 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 710 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,414 25
- What would you do in this situation? 582 13
- Help Required 366 10
- directors control and tax problems 219 5
- Fastest Software 783 13
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 950 28
- What's in a name ? 330 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 262 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 450 15
- Bulk Invoicing 185 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 165 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 254 2
- ATED Penalties 280 1
- CTA study material 709
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 432
- Employment related securities question 272
- AIM Stocks and IHT 249
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 206
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 191
- Trust for Employee 190
- Expat pension contributions? 189
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 177
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 162