Obtaining book-keeping /accounts prep work ?
I am just starting up offering accounting and taxation services for sole traders / small businesses and I have been advised that as a means of establishing business, to get me going, I should contact accountants within my area enquiring about the possibility of doing some freelance work for them. Is this an acceptable way of generating business ?
I have no intention of using this as a means of taking clients as it would not be acceptable and I would imagine that I would enter some kind of agreement with the accountant to prevent this any way.
I wouldn't be using this as my only means of gaining work as I have other plans for marketing my business, but starting from scratch as I am, I need to start somewhere !
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any offers of the freelancing work even more so !
My email is : email@example.com
- What's in a name ? 1,069 9
- Buying a horse?? 140 7
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 202 2
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 136 7
- Audit 297 8
- Awkward IP 1,360 14
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 777 20
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 476 7
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 618 18
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 763 22
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,018 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,112 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 132 1
- carry back of gift aid 190 3
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 307 8
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 934 10
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 249 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 568 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 251 3
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 424 6
- CTA study material 791
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 487
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 431
- Employment related securities question 314
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 272
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 266
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 209
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154