Obtaining book-keeping /accounts prep work ?
I am just starting up offering accounting and taxation services for sole traders / small businesses and I have been advised that as a means of establishing business, to get me going, I should contact accountants within my area enquiring about the possibility of doing some freelance work for them. Is this an acceptable way of generating business ?
I have no intention of using this as a means of taking clients as it would not be acceptable and I would imagine that I would enter some kind of agreement with the accountant to prevent this any way.
I wouldn't be using this as my only means of gaining work as I have other plans for marketing my business, but starting from scratch as I am, I need to start somewhere !
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any offers of the freelancing work even more so !
My email is : email@example.com
- How much does the company pay 114 3
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 877 12
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 566 20
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,479 5
- Help with CGT please 99 3
- Lack of VAT Receipt 137 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 316 6
- Benefit in Kind 320 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 327 17
- Will I need to resign? 953 11
- Cocaine anyone? 684 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 262 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 172 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 207 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 183 2
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 731 13
- Personal pension 459 9
- Business rates consultancy 279 4
- Wrong tax code 202 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 120 2
- Hive up 523
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 479
- corporate hierarchy 458
- Advice - 302
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 250
- WWOOFers 246
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 225
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 202
- The booking.com con 193
- Cocaine anyone? 176