Obtaining book-keeping /accounts prep work ?
I am just starting up offering accounting and taxation services for sole traders / small businesses and I have been advised that as a means of establishing business, to get me going, I should contact accountants within my area enquiring about the possibility of doing some freelance work for them. Is this an acceptable way of generating business ?
I have no intention of using this as a means of taking clients as it would not be acceptable and I would imagine that I would enter some kind of agreement with the accountant to prevent this any way.
I wouldn't be using this as my only means of gaining work as I have other plans for marketing my business, but starting from scratch as I am, I need to start somewhere !
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any offers of the freelancing work even more so !
My email is : email@example.com
- Know it alls (who don't) 665 15
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 346 17
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 129 3
- VAT on motor expenses 963 36
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 509 11
- Incorporation with pending court case 91 1
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,569 46
- Machine games duty in quickbooks 90 3
- Deduction from net or gross pay? 237 4
- Share swap 449 17
- CIS Deductions 139 6
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,841 28
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 464 14
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 850 17
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 182 4
- Check my logic on this please? 267 1
- VAT Margin Scheme for Second Hand Watches 96 2
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 241 6
- Late P45 226 5
- CIC accounts submission 115 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,565
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 865
- International interest certificate 476
- NOVA 333
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 252
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 243
- Management expenses for investment company 226
- Bonus Bonds 220
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 209
- Help with tax codes on Sage 164