Obtaining book-keeping /accounts prep work ?
I am just starting up offering accounting and taxation services for sole traders / small businesses and I have been advised that as a means of establishing business, to get me going, I should contact accountants within my area enquiring about the possibility of doing some freelance work for them. Is this an acceptable way of generating business ?
I have no intention of using this as a means of taking clients as it would not be acceptable and I would imagine that I would enter some kind of agreement with the accountant to prevent this any way.
I wouldn't be using this as my only means of gaining work as I have other plans for marketing my business, but starting from scratch as I am, I need to start somewhere !
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any offers of the freelancing work even more so !
My email is : email@example.com
- IT advisory questions? 253 7
- signature required 531 22
- Use of home query 60 1
- Pratice Management Software 154 2
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 226 6
- Error in audited accounts 62 1
- Vat registration exception 197 3
- CIS software 72 2
- Homing sandwiches 467 11
- CT600 122 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 180 7
- Settlement discount 142 4
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 516 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 184 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 172 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 133 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 216 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 136 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 190 2
- Related Party Transactions 129 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,245
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 816
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 522
- Digita Hosted Software 339
- Credit where credit's due....... 314
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 238
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 197
- TheTax Donut 181
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 162
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 162