Obtaining book-keeping /accounts prep work ?
I am just starting up offering accounting and taxation services for sole traders / small businesses and I have been advised that as a means of establishing business, to get me going, I should contact accountants within my area enquiring about the possibility of doing some freelance work for them. Is this an acceptable way of generating business ?
I have no intention of using this as a means of taking clients as it would not be acceptable and I would imagine that I would enter some kind of agreement with the accountant to prevent this any way.
I wouldn't be using this as my only means of gaining work as I have other plans for marketing my business, but starting from scratch as I am, I need to start somewhere !
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any offers of the freelancing work even more so !
My email is : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,003 18
- Creative Auto Enrolment 574 8
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,714 38
- Tax Fines - HMRC 874 15
- Can an owner hold company money 319 6
- Account and Taxable Profit 316 17
- Accounting for corporation tax 236 6
- Class 2 NIC 281 5
- Probate services 428 9
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 394 7
- Vat payable on van 174 1
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,835 42
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 246 7
- Community Faux Pas 933 26
- Cash gift from India 152 1
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,314 40
- Windows10 208 4
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 628 24
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 481 25
- A thursday afternoon muse 248 2
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 838
- Benchmark accounting software 692
- Members in Public Practice 515
- Sole trader registering for the first time 328
- Oplex Careers CPD 322
- What are HMRC implying? 307
- VAT 258
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 248
- Payroll manager and the cloud 220
- Is the APN valid 196