Obtaining book-keeping /accounts prep work ?
I am just starting up offering accounting and taxation services for sole traders / small businesses and I have been advised that as a means of establishing business, to get me going, I should contact accountants within my area enquiring about the possibility of doing some freelance work for them. Is this an acceptable way of generating business ?
I have no intention of using this as a means of taking clients as it would not be acceptable and I would imagine that I would enter some kind of agreement with the accountant to prevent this any way.
I wouldn't be using this as my only means of gaining work as I have other plans for marketing my business, but starting from scratch as I am, I need to start somewhere !
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any offers of the freelancing work even more so !
My email is : email@example.com
- Where has Portia gone? 1,304 58
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,635 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 500 16
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 267 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 71 4
- VAT on commercial property 81 3
- Rogue Accountant 2,977 49
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 221 4
- deceased creditor 139 5
- Corporate member of LLP 267 1
- Investment company 259 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 324 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 201 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 362 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 93 1
- Transfer of stock 358 12
- Holiday entitlement 545 10
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 341 7
- HMRC manual ESSM 192 1
- Extension of lease in flat management company 250 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 779
- RTI - duplicate employee record 527
- Pensions Regulator 443
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 401
- Sage Vat return box 2 302
- Sanzar 301
- Digital marketing focus group 282
- How do you do it 270
- Report old income 235
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 235