Obtaining book-keeping /accounts prep work ?
I am just starting up offering accounting and taxation services for sole traders / small businesses and I have been advised that as a means of establishing business, to get me going, I should contact accountants within my area enquiring about the possibility of doing some freelance work for them. Is this an acceptable way of generating business ?
I have no intention of using this as a means of taking clients as it would not be acceptable and I would imagine that I would enter some kind of agreement with the accountant to prevent this any way.
I wouldn't be using this as my only means of gaining work as I have other plans for marketing my business, but starting from scratch as I am, I need to start somewhere !
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any offers of the freelancing work even more so !
My email is : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 273 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 438 10
- are receipts needed? 587 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 236 3
- Bookkeping software 692 7
- Goods Purchased for Rental 105 2
- Clogged Losses 268 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 248 9
- Buy to let and capitak gain 80 1
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 644 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 303 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 251 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 108 1
- General tax book with planning 239 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 181 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 197 1
- Gift of property & improvements 155 3
- VAT Invoice 211 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 281 5
- Error in past Corporate tax return 388 6
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 906
- International interest certificate 516
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 315
- Management expenses for investment company 272
- Bonus Bonds 264
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 179
- P11D benefit received by widow 156
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 148
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 147