Obtaining book-keeping /accounts prep work ?
I am just starting up offering accounting and taxation services for sole traders / small businesses and I have been advised that as a means of establishing business, to get me going, I should contact accountants within my area enquiring about the possibility of doing some freelance work for them. Is this an acceptable way of generating business ?
I have no intention of using this as a means of taking clients as it would not be acceptable and I would imagine that I would enter some kind of agreement with the accountant to prevent this any way.
I wouldn't be using this as my only means of gaining work as I have other plans for marketing my business, but starting from scratch as I am, I need to start somewhere !
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any offers of the freelancing work even more so !
My email is : email@example.com
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 104 1
- Registration as self-employed 41 1
- BrightPay 1,079 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 475 7
- Regular Director bonus 402 10
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 265 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,054 17
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 900 13
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 595 14
- BIK for an electric car 146 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,610 90
- Corporation Tax Software 361 10
- How do I save face? 2,267 14
- Goodie bag 3,043 72
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 106 1
- How many associated companies 184 2
- Signed accounts for a lender 445 17
- can I approach clients ? 930 11
- Secure document exchange 588 6
- New Agency rules - who's responsible? 178 2
- Possible Partnership? 681
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 532
- Fuming! 502
- New Fangled Penalties 465
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 330
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 271
- Moving away from CCH software 261
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 251
- Outsource Data Entry 250
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 204