Obtaining book-keeping /accounts prep work ?
I am just starting up offering accounting and taxation services for sole traders / small businesses and I have been advised that as a means of establishing business, to get me going, I should contact accountants within my area enquiring about the possibility of doing some freelance work for them. Is this an acceptable way of generating business ?
I have no intention of using this as a means of taking clients as it would not be acceptable and I would imagine that I would enter some kind of agreement with the accountant to prevent this any way.
I wouldn't be using this as my only means of gaining work as I have other plans for marketing my business, but starting from scratch as I am, I need to start somewhere !
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any offers of the freelancing work even more so !
My email is : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 253 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 765 17
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,572 42
- CIC Company 397 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,661 57
- Is this a scam? 768 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 129 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 339 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 245 5
- New company - form a group? 166 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 185 4
- PITA client 236 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 376 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,324 33
- Dividend dates 492 8
- R&D tax credit claim 225 5
- CIS Deductions 273 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 123 1
- is this fraud? 793 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 499 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 598
- Cancelled 347
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 332
- Cancelled 284
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 255
- Probiz 242
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 190
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 177
- Car leasing scheme 176
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 157