one for CD....is this a libelous and discriminatory step too far by HMRC ??
If you haven't already have a gander at this link: Tax cheat check-up launched.
As from what I can see this appears to have no statutory basis over and above HMRCs normal powers am I alone in thinking this is all or any of (1) libelous ("tax cheats") (2) blackmail i.e. do what we want or we'll make your life hell (3) contrary to HMRCs continued insistance of a "level playing field" for all taxpayers (4) contrary to the human rights legislation as being blantantly discriminatory against certain taxpayers the previous indiscretions of whom should have no bearing on how they are treated in future....bit like control orders and suspected terrorists....
and look at the notes to editors about who may be included .... this is not just about the heavy mob and as we all know it is not uncommon to "do a deal" to get rid of HMRCs unwanted but unproved attentions...this means that these cases will now potentially be abused as examples to make the rest toe the line.....
- Transferring DLA between Directors 130 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,155 13
- Tips on meals 169 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 512 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 148 3
- Personal Tax 725 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 166 2
- Stumped - IHT 134 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 408 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 473 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,282 33
- Credit management tools 136 1
- property capital gains 136 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 393 7
- CGT and primary residence 172 1
- Marriage Allowance 271 3
- S455 and February year ends 327 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 889 18
- Closing down loss-making company 458 5