Online project management and accounting software for Mac based client
I have a client who is using MYOB for accounting and a bespoke Filemaker program for project management, approximately 10 years old. The two are not integrated.
They are thinking of moving to a new system, either online based (but worried about security issues), or desktop. The main work flow is:
- Prepare estimate for job, including time costs and disbursements such as printing costs.
- Once estimate is agreed with client, record time spent on Filemaker - employees use timesheets with a couple of rates each, about 8 employees and enter their own time. Record disbursements on Filemaker.
- Generate on account/stage based invoices.
- Final invoice.
- Record sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank, payroll, etc on MYOB.
At the moment there is duplication of work with disbursements being recorded on Filemaker and MYOB. The sales invoices are prepared on Excel because the client doesn't like the format on Filemaker/MYOB, these invoices then have to be entered on Filemaker and MYOB, thus even more duplication!
There is occasional work for overseas clients, so some transactions in Euros.
Any ideas for simple, cost effective online/desktop software which will help reduce duplication/risk of error? Must work on Mac and must have password protection for different areas, so employees entering timesheets cannot access confidential information.
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 984 10
- Bureau payroll software and Auto Enrolment - which is the best? 109 3
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 177 8
- SAGE winforecast 233 1
- Trust 97 1
- VAT NETP and Tax Agents/Representatives joimnt and several liability 63 1
- Reverse charge on services between UK and IE 67 1
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 54 1
- Disclosure on Cessation Accounts 178 1
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 131 3
- printer paper for Certificate of Incorporation 223 5
- I'm losing the will to live... 166 1
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 95 4
- Auto enrolment 1,570 15
- Annual Report - How to? 274 10
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 263 4
- Client's company struck off 2,069 26
- Accountants not providing all required information 157 3
- 15% restirction on lease cars 135 2
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 1,132 17
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 527
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 460
- EPS and CIS deductions 325
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 309
- Construction CIS LLP Company 298
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 288
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 246
- Overdrawn director account 210
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 203
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 187