Online project management and accounting software for Mac based client
I have a client who is using MYOB for accounting and a bespoke Filemaker program for project management, approximately 10 years old. The two are not integrated.
They are thinking of moving to a new system, either online based (but worried about security issues), or desktop. The main work flow is:
- Prepare estimate for job, including time costs and disbursements such as printing costs.
- Once estimate is agreed with client, record time spent on Filemaker - employees use timesheets with a couple of rates each, about 8 employees and enter their own time. Record disbursements on Filemaker.
- Generate on account/stage based invoices.
- Final invoice.
- Record sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank, payroll, etc on MYOB.
At the moment there is duplication of work with disbursements being recorded on Filemaker and MYOB. The sales invoices are prepared on Excel because the client doesn't like the format on Filemaker/MYOB, these invoices then have to be entered on Filemaker and MYOB, thus even more duplication!
There is occasional work for overseas clients, so some transactions in Euros.
Any ideas for simple, cost effective online/desktop software which will help reduce duplication/risk of error? Must work on Mac and must have password protection for different areas, so employees entering timesheets cannot access confidential information.
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 110 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 453 13
- Coding Notice 217 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 230 6
- New business - journal entries 389 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 218 3
- Payroll software 636 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 251 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 388 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 723 18
- B2B vat in the EU 181 4
- VAT on Hire Purchase 137 1
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 195 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 224 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 188 4
- LLP as member of LLP 132 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,823 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 500 7
- Vat 301 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,300 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 851
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 717
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 402
- Social investment tax relief 217
- Digita Hosted Software 211
- Call Centre Data Costs 198
- accounting for this transaction 182
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 170
- Travel costs and contractors 165
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 160