Online project management and accounting software for Mac based client
I have a client who is using MYOB for accounting and a bespoke Filemaker program for project management, approximately 10 years old. The two are not integrated.
They are thinking of moving to a new system, either online based (but worried about security issues), or desktop. The main work flow is:
- Prepare estimate for job, including time costs and disbursements such as printing costs.
- Once estimate is agreed with client, record time spent on Filemaker - employees use timesheets with a couple of rates each, about 8 employees and enter their own time. Record disbursements on Filemaker.
- Generate on account/stage based invoices.
- Final invoice.
- Record sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank, payroll, etc on MYOB.
At the moment there is duplication of work with disbursements being recorded on Filemaker and MYOB. The sales invoices are prepared on Excel because the client doesn't like the format on Filemaker/MYOB, these invoices then have to be entered on Filemaker and MYOB, thus even more duplication!
There is occasional work for overseas clients, so some transactions in Euros.
Any ideas for simple, cost effective online/desktop software which will help reduce duplication/risk of error? Must work on Mac and must have password protection for different areas, so employees entering timesheets cannot access confidential information.
- How much of your work is admin? 1,119 10
- Cocaine anyone? 186 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,476 22
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 839 26
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 278 4
- ACCA - still making me laugh 467 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 255 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 331 11
- Tax return software for remote working 483 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 557 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 452 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 451 9
- How to purchase business premises? 175 2
- Will I need to resign? 839 10
- Childcare vouchers 192 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 276 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 300 6
- VAT avoidance? 244 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 197 3
- PAYE coding out 209 3
- Hive up 476
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 439
- corporate hierarchy 416
- Advice - 249
- Amortisation of Goodwill 224
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 209
- WWOOFers 205
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 193
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 184
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 181