Online project management and accounting software for Mac based client
I have a client who is using MYOB for accounting and a bespoke Filemaker program for project management, approximately 10 years old. The two are not integrated.
They are thinking of moving to a new system, either online based (but worried about security issues), or desktop. The main work flow is:
- Prepare estimate for job, including time costs and disbursements such as printing costs.
- Once estimate is agreed with client, record time spent on Filemaker - employees use timesheets with a couple of rates each, about 8 employees and enter their own time. Record disbursements on Filemaker.
- Generate on account/stage based invoices.
- Final invoice.
- Record sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank, payroll, etc on MYOB.
At the moment there is duplication of work with disbursements being recorded on Filemaker and MYOB. The sales invoices are prepared on Excel because the client doesn't like the format on Filemaker/MYOB, these invoices then have to be entered on Filemaker and MYOB, thus even more duplication!
There is occasional work for overseas clients, so some transactions in Euros.
Any ideas for simple, cost effective online/desktop software which will help reduce duplication/risk of error? Must work on Mac and must have password protection for different areas, so employees entering timesheets cannot access confidential information.
- Allocation of income from property 126 5
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 146 4
- flat rate scheme 535 13
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,440 41
- UK tax exposure 365 7
- Companies House Presenter Account 127 3
- regulated mortgage work? 201 3
- Employer Making Employee Calculate own Holiday Pay 113 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 267 8
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,243 11
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 534 8
- Directors salary 127 1
- Rental Expenses 278 7
- Defer,Accrue & Wip 299 7
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 371 2
- any help? 350 4
- HMRC turning post around in 11 - 12 weeks? 415 8
- Companies House? 319 3
- Echosign mail merge? 304 1
- Before I call employers helpline 288 1