Online project management and accounting software for Mac based client
I have a client who is using MYOB for accounting and a bespoke Filemaker program for project management, approximately 10 years old. The two are not integrated.
They are thinking of moving to a new system, either online based (but worried about security issues), or desktop. The main work flow is:
- Prepare estimate for job, including time costs and disbursements such as printing costs.
- Once estimate is agreed with client, record time spent on Filemaker - employees use timesheets with a couple of rates each, about 8 employees and enter their own time. Record disbursements on Filemaker.
- Generate on account/stage based invoices.
- Final invoice.
- Record sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank, payroll, etc on MYOB.
At the moment there is duplication of work with disbursements being recorded on Filemaker and MYOB. The sales invoices are prepared on Excel because the client doesn't like the format on Filemaker/MYOB, these invoices then have to be entered on Filemaker and MYOB, thus even more duplication!
There is occasional work for overseas clients, so some transactions in Euros.
Any ideas for simple, cost effective online/desktop software which will help reduce duplication/risk of error? Must work on Mac and must have password protection for different areas, so employees entering timesheets cannot access confidential information.
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 441 17
- CT return error message 242 7
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 1,781 25
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 712 9
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 331 8
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 127 2
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 774 4
- VAT 125 2
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 74 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 172 2
- FRS17 query 174 1
- Capital repayments 160 3
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 266 6
- Online payroll software 258 4
- Audit rules 304 7
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 594 10
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 282 1
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 270 1
- Sales Commission to Employees / External Companies 78 1
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 307 2
- Xtuple 535
- Qtac payroll for bureau 367
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 306
- Industrial & Provident Societies 304
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 248
- CIS schemes 196
- Domain name sale and limited company 193
- Investment 174
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 168
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 158