Online project management and accounting software for Mac based client
I have a client who is using MYOB for accounting and a bespoke Filemaker program for project management, approximately 10 years old. The two are not integrated.
They are thinking of moving to a new system, either online based (but worried about security issues), or desktop. The main work flow is:
- Prepare estimate for job, including time costs and disbursements such as printing costs.
- Once estimate is agreed with client, record time spent on Filemaker - employees use timesheets with a couple of rates each, about 8 employees and enter their own time. Record disbursements on Filemaker.
- Generate on account/stage based invoices.
- Final invoice.
- Record sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank, payroll, etc on MYOB.
At the moment there is duplication of work with disbursements being recorded on Filemaker and MYOB. The sales invoices are prepared on Excel because the client doesn't like the format on Filemaker/MYOB, these invoices then have to be entered on Filemaker and MYOB, thus even more duplication!
There is occasional work for overseas clients, so some transactions in Euros.
Any ideas for simple, cost effective online/desktop software which will help reduce duplication/risk of error? Must work on Mac and must have password protection for different areas, so employees entering timesheets cannot access confidential information.
- What are options for non CA firm 2,034 38
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 345 7
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,713 26
- Errors in prior year accounts 902 25
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 578 11
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 634 6
- Unallocated client money 444 10
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 2,023 41
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,471 26
- Expenses Apps 263 5
- VAT & capitalising 168 3
- Final year's accounts 191 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 391 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 334 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 300 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 171 2
- Invoice Help 270 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 216 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 281 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 264 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 627
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 299
- Cancelled 287
- Cancelled 247
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 195
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 194
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 177
- What's the market like for temps? 169