Online project management and accounting software for Mac based client
I have a client who is using MYOB for accounting and a bespoke Filemaker program for project management, approximately 10 years old. The two are not integrated.
They are thinking of moving to a new system, either online based (but worried about security issues), or desktop. The main work flow is:
- Prepare estimate for job, including time costs and disbursements such as printing costs.
- Once estimate is agreed with client, record time spent on Filemaker - employees use timesheets with a couple of rates each, about 8 employees and enter their own time. Record disbursements on Filemaker.
- Generate on account/stage based invoices.
- Final invoice.
- Record sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank, payroll, etc on MYOB.
At the moment there is duplication of work with disbursements being recorded on Filemaker and MYOB. The sales invoices are prepared on Excel because the client doesn't like the format on Filemaker/MYOB, these invoices then have to be entered on Filemaker and MYOB, thus even more duplication!
There is occasional work for overseas clients, so some transactions in Euros.
Any ideas for simple, cost effective online/desktop software which will help reduce duplication/risk of error? Must work on Mac and must have password protection for different areas, so employees entering timesheets cannot access confidential information.
- Share swap 436 17
- CIS Deductions 116 6
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 109 2
- Know it alls (who don't) 613 14
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,826 28
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 454 14
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 480 10
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,538 45
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 341 16
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 832 17
- Machine games duty in quickbooks 61 1
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 177 4
- Deduction from net or gross pay? 207 3
- Check my logic on this please? 258 1
- VAT Margin Scheme for Second Hand Watches 91 2
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 233 6
- Late P45 219 5
- CIC accounts submission 108 3
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 610 20
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 271 11
- Skandia using wrong address 1,565
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 865
- International interest certificate 476
- NOVA 333
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 251
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 242
- Management expenses for investment company 225
- Bonus Bonds 218
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 207
- Help with tax codes on Sage 163