Online project management and accounting software for Mac based client
I have a client who is using MYOB for accounting and a bespoke Filemaker program for project management, approximately 10 years old. The two are not integrated.
They are thinking of moving to a new system, either online based (but worried about security issues), or desktop. The main work flow is:
- Prepare estimate for job, including time costs and disbursements such as printing costs.
- Once estimate is agreed with client, record time spent on Filemaker - employees use timesheets with a couple of rates each, about 8 employees and enter their own time. Record disbursements on Filemaker.
- Generate on account/stage based invoices.
- Final invoice.
- Record sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank, payroll, etc on MYOB.
At the moment there is duplication of work with disbursements being recorded on Filemaker and MYOB. The sales invoices are prepared on Excel because the client doesn't like the format on Filemaker/MYOB, these invoices then have to be entered on Filemaker and MYOB, thus even more duplication!
There is occasional work for overseas clients, so some transactions in Euros.
Any ideas for simple, cost effective online/desktop software which will help reduce duplication/risk of error? Must work on Mac and must have password protection for different areas, so employees entering timesheets cannot access confidential information.
- Dress code 1,393 32
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 139 1
- Limited company buying director's car 94 5
- Scottish Independance 651 17
- Entrepeneurs relief 193 10
- How to complain about HMRC 1,293 15
- Historical figures for WTC 51 1
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 90 1
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 128 2
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 144 1
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 417 9
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 1,149 16
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 108 2
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 256 4
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 423 6
- WC's and capital allowances 103 1
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 257 1
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 889 10
- carry back of gift aid 125 2
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 139 3
- CTA study material 756
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 467
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 360
- Employment related securities question 300
- AIM Stocks and IHT 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 246
- Trust for Employee 228
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 145
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 142