Online project management and accounting software for Mac based client
I have a client who is using MYOB for accounting and a bespoke Filemaker program for project management, approximately 10 years old. The two are not integrated.
They are thinking of moving to a new system, either online based (but worried about security issues), or desktop. The main work flow is:
- Prepare estimate for job, including time costs and disbursements such as printing costs.
- Once estimate is agreed with client, record time spent on Filemaker - employees use timesheets with a couple of rates each, about 8 employees and enter their own time. Record disbursements on Filemaker.
- Generate on account/stage based invoices.
- Final invoice.
- Record sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank, payroll, etc on MYOB.
At the moment there is duplication of work with disbursements being recorded on Filemaker and MYOB. The sales invoices are prepared on Excel because the client doesn't like the format on Filemaker/MYOB, these invoices then have to be entered on Filemaker and MYOB, thus even more duplication!
There is occasional work for overseas clients, so some transactions in Euros.
Any ideas for simple, cost effective online/desktop software which will help reduce duplication/risk of error? Must work on Mac and must have password protection for different areas, so employees entering timesheets cannot access confidential information.
- Worried over stock value 171 2
- White van man 341 16
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 138 9
- Window Comb Binder Cover 287 5
- STUDENT LOAN 53 1
- Bookkeeping question 571 6
- wave software 216 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 338 8
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 205 3
- Backdate C79? 160 2
- Entertaining - definition? 294 2
- Do you lose losses on cessation 352 10
- foreign income 108 1
- SA1 Online 86 1
- UK resident non domicile recieving a gift from his parents in Pakistan. 90 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 89 2
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 345 9
- VAT recovery on company owned van used by employee with some personal use 99 1
- Capital allowances offset rule 139 1
- Non sterling partnership profits, exchange rates and tax 126 4
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 820
- Copy Wanted 545
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 501
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 486
- Latest phishing scam 341
- Entrepreneurs' relief 311
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 284
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 277
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 273
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 180