Online project management and accounting software for Mac based client
I have a client who is using MYOB for accounting and a bespoke Filemaker program for project management, approximately 10 years old. The two are not integrated.
They are thinking of moving to a new system, either online based (but worried about security issues), or desktop. The main work flow is:
- Prepare estimate for job, including time costs and disbursements such as printing costs.
- Once estimate is agreed with client, record time spent on Filemaker - employees use timesheets with a couple of rates each, about 8 employees and enter their own time. Record disbursements on Filemaker.
- Generate on account/stage based invoices.
- Final invoice.
- Record sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank, payroll, etc on MYOB.
At the moment there is duplication of work with disbursements being recorded on Filemaker and MYOB. The sales invoices are prepared on Excel because the client doesn't like the format on Filemaker/MYOB, these invoices then have to be entered on Filemaker and MYOB, thus even more duplication!
There is occasional work for overseas clients, so some transactions in Euros.
Any ideas for simple, cost effective online/desktop software which will help reduce duplication/risk of error? Must work on Mac and must have password protection for different areas, so employees entering timesheets cannot access confidential information.
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 147 4
- What would you do in this situation? 476 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 122 3
- Help Required 266 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 217 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 386 14
- What's in a name ? 219 4
- ATED Penalties 257 1
- late second payment on account 149 2
- US royalties 74 2
- Project being run jointly 120 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 174 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 160 3
- Sole trader mix up 285 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 733 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 887 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 208 4
- Filing company accounts 134 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 503 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 158 5
- CTA study material 697
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 422
- Employment related securities question 264
- AIM Stocks and IHT 244
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 197
- Trust for Employee 183
- Expat pension contributions? 181
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 153
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 152
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 116