Overpayment of accountant fees taxable?
My limited company client pays accountancy fees from the company account and gains corporation tax relief.
Fees were overpaid from the client to us and we had to repay some fees back to the client.
At the time the business had ceased and company bank account closed so the overpaid fees were returned to the clients personal bank account.
I assume this now has to become taxable on the client personally?
- exemptions from CIS 225 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 541 10
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 35 1
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 174 5
- Xero Pain Points 626 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 251 13
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 104 3
- The importance of Grammar 1,702 52
- Freelance/Employee 337 8
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 200 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,644 56
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 379 3
- How much do you pay for Xero? 282 3
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 593 23
- Cut-off accounting question 387 8
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 367 3
- VAT reverse charge on consulting from EC 105 2
- VAT Reclaim 201 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 260 2
- Employment Allowance 216 2
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 348
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 333
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 313
- Electric Car 265
- S222 Charge 230
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 225
- Company Structure 204
- IP trans to holding company 169
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 164