Overpayment of accountant fees taxable?
My limited company client pays accountancy fees from the company account and gains corporation tax relief.
Fees were overpaid from the client to us and we had to repay some fees back to the client.
At the time the business had ceased and company bank account closed so the overpaid fees were returned to the clients personal bank account.
I assume this now has to become taxable on the client personally?
- directors control and tax problems 68 3
- Bulk Invoicing 154 6
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 167 5
- What would you do in this situation? 490 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 126 3
- Help Required 280 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 223 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 394 14
- What's in a name ? 236 4
- ATED Penalties 260 1
- late second payment on account 153 2
- US royalties 80 2
- Project being run jointly 125 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 177 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 178 3
- Sole trader mix up 292 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 735 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 893 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 210 4
- Filing company accounts 136 1
- CTA study material 697
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 423
- Employment related securities question 265
- AIM Stocks and IHT 244
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 198
- Trust for Employee 184
- Expat pension contributions? 181
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 159
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 152
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 118