Overpayment of accountant fees taxable?
My limited company client pays accountancy fees from the company account and gains corporation tax relief.
Fees were overpaid from the client to us and we had to repay some fees back to the client.
At the time the business had ceased and company bank account closed so the overpaid fees were returned to the clients personal bank account.
I assume this now has to become taxable on the client personally?
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 113 2
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 171 12
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 112 2
- You know its over 215 3
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 128 3
- Cocaine anyone? 448 8
- Late Registration for VAT 468 13
- EIS/SEIS 129 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 256 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 398 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 394 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 663 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 529 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 553 4
- Personal pension 390 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 213 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,198 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 898 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 133 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,510 22
- Hive up 480
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 445
- corporate hierarchy 428
- Advice - 263
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 217
- WWOOFers 212
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 200
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 190
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 169
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 166