Overpayment of accountant fees taxable?
My limited company client pays accountancy fees from the company account and gains corporation tax relief.
Fees were overpaid from the client to us and we had to repay some fees back to the client.
At the time the business had ceased and company bank account closed so the overpaid fees were returned to the clients personal bank account.
I assume this now has to become taxable on the client personally?
- VAT Invoice 268 7
- VAT on sale of an Asset 123 1
- Cash in Hand 221 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 219 5
- are receipts needed? 651 17
- SA302's anyone?? 637 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 343 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 177 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 362 12
- Busines software 206 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 227 6
- Converting a barn for business use 193 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 328 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 336 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 507 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 358 3
- Bookkeping software 746 7
- Clogged Losses 295 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 292 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 677 10
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 913
- International interest certificate 527
- NOVA 376
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 339
- Management expenses for investment company 280
- Bonus Bonds 279
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 188
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 174
- EXACT ONLINE 174
- P11D benefit received by widow 171