Person is resident and ordinarily resident in UK.
They are employed on a rig by a foreign employer and work overseas.
The employer pays the following for the employee:
Life insurance while at work
Disability insurance due to injury at work
Medical insurance for the employee
Medical insurance for the employee's wife.
Are the benefits taxable on the employee? I thought that the medical insurance for the employee may not be but the remainder will be. Any thoughts?
- Sage Priority Support 87 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 679 18
- incorrect old p60 107 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 477 4
- VAT on new builds 109 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 344 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 121 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 111 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 128 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,834 26
- Missing tax return 168 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 918 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 274 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 160 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 554 18
- Physiotherapy 241 3
- Inflation and fees 1,216 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 163 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 280 8
- CGT help please 146 1