Ownership of furnished holiday letting property.
My husband and wife clients have a number of residential buy to let properties, all owned jointly.
In 2009/10 they purchased a holiday cottage in Scotland, which has been rented out as a holiday let. My question relates to the ownership. My client’s advise me that it was purchased jointly with her father, and it is legally owned in the proportions of 50% sole name of father and 50% joint daughter / son in law. Father invested cash, and daughter / son in law (my clients) remortgaged their home to raise their share. The father has no involvement in the property and takes no income. His share was seen by them as more of a loan. Can anything be done to simply how the property income is taxed.
- RTI and Advances to Employees 314 7
- AIA/Capital Allowances 123 4
- Selling to USA, Delivery to Poland, VAT? 59 1
- HELP CT Return filed but doesnt match up HMRC's AP 162 6
- Stand alone practice management software 1,636 23
- International VAT 72 2
- CTA 168 2
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 588 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 689 21
- Insurance payout 91 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 520 11
- RTI / P11d 148 2
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,096 21
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 270 9
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 368 3
- No more tax returns... 1,200 11
- Company Share Buy Back 282 7
- Sage 200 question 184 3
- P11d query 197 3
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 356 5