P11D and Gym membership paid thru expenses
I have taken over the accounts for a company where (as part of the employment package), employees can be paid through expenses up to £50 per month for their gym membership. The employees contract with the gym, and the employer then refunds them through their expense claims.
I was about to fill in my P11D's and include these amounts in section N (expenses payemtns made to the employee, but have noticed that there is no Class 1A payment made on these amounts.
Is this the correct section to be putting these costs in? (When I have worked at previous companies, the gym membership has gone in at section M, however company has contracted with gym)
What concerns me is that I should be paying class 1A's but am not due to the section of the P11D I am filling in.
Please could someone enlightem me as to the correct procedure and NI compliance I should be using.
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 43 1
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,152 10
- flat rate scheme 427 9
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,379 39
- Rental Expenses 221 7
- Defer,Accrue & Wip 231 7
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 218 7
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 346 2
- UK tax exposure 264 4
- regulated mortgage work? 147 2
- any help? 269 4
- HMRC turning post around in 11 - 12 weeks? 346 8
- Companies House? 268 3
- Echosign mail merge? 297 1
- Before I call employers helpline 260 1
- VAT refund 424 4
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 245 3
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 229 2
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 585 6
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 307 2