P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- Ex Gratia payments 45 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 212 3
- Director leaving in month 1 67 1
- S162 and Capital Allowances 106 1
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 115 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 167 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 167 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 153 4
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 170 6
- IHT - clawback of BPR 40 1
- EIS - connection through employment 86 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 230 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 38 1
- CIS and Close Company 75 2
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 220 4
- Secondment expenses 148 3
- VAT Option to tax 438 15
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 115 4
- Is VAT payable on insurance claims received ?? 109 3
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 135 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 904
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 636
- Free Tax Legislation? 397
- Director Loan account operation 396
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 327
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 316
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 284
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 222
- Paye procedures for CVA 217
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 180