P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 226 7
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 526 9
- Transferring rental property to limited company 449 14
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 69 3
- Time recording 100 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 252 4
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 111 2
- Land Registry 267 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 959 13
- Auto Enrolment 667 4
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 800 19
- Company Number 10000000 370 4
- Advertising Tips? 306 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,515 29
- IR35 362 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 419 12
- Revenue phishing examples 239 1
- iris update 11.9.2 208 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 452 13
- 2015 tax year end 543 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 733
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 432
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 374
- Costly Accounting Software contract 366
- Directors' advances and credits 283
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 251
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 233
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 210
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195