P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- Commission on holiday accrual 46 1
- error on companies house accounts 90 4
- Newly Started Practice 158 5
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 152 2
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 178 4
- HMRC computer behind the times 181 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 65 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.160 ITEPA 86 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 340 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 221 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 164 2
- Generic Notification Notices 118 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 442 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 111 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 432 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 83 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 242 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 143 1
- fraud 415 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 239 3
- QROP pension input amounts 474
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 438
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 414
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 265
- EPS and CIS deductions 259
- Construction CIS LLP Company 245
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 212
- SAGE winforecast 178
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 170
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 165