P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- inflation rate year on year 166 4
- Accounts Question 108 5
- Deleted question? 740 19
- What are options for non CA firm 3,182 67
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,948 69
- MAAT vs ACCA 709 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,401 24
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,929 46
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 657 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 448 4
- VAT Return Errors 187 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 131 5
- Yorkshire Day 610 38
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 193 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 186 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 382 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 151 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 296 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 239 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 155 1
- Cancelled 471
- Cancelled 388
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 377
- Probiz 358
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 262
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 237
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 232
- More spam 184
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 162
- Employee Benefit Trust 153