P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- Childcare Vouchers 59 1
- Elective DeductionsModel 115 3
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 916 23
- Moneysoft - Car Benefits 59 1
- RTI and bank holiday Friday 95 2
- Laptop purchase 884 16
- Company petition 45 1
- Belated VAT Exception Application 180 6
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 547 13
- CT600 for the first time 132 5
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 321 7
- Agent with HMRC 170 9
- Propert purchase, renovation then rented out and VAT 54 1
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 555 9
- Sage Payroll 106 4
- VAT query 152 2
- company secretarial software 203 4
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 265 5
- Value pricing 395 13
- Weely paid employees 111 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 743
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 508
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 374
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 351
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 269
- VAT on Gaming Machines 222
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 208
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 197
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 185
- Director Loan account operation 167