P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- Can I claim mileage? 70 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 169 9
- client threatening legal action 1,799 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 681 8
- Partially exempt? 240 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 90 1
- First VAT Visit for client 230 4
- Dividend in specie 227 7
- Lorry Drivers 140 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 105 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 100 1
- Mexican student in UK 119 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 199 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 303 12
- payroll software 134 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,054 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 112 1
- Pricing 333 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 252 5
- VAT 118 2
- Skandia using wrong address 489
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 278
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 274
- Employee rewards 258
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 226
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 217
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 216
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 213
- Etax Australian 172
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 160