P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 427 8
- Goodie bag 64 1
- Career in Practice 90 2
- Relevant life plan 332 8
- Limited Company expenses 362 8
- Physiotherapy And Vat 184 6
- Telemarketing 148 4
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 129 1
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 106 1
- New tax codes for ex-employees 170 3
- how to value rental space 82 3
- Directors loan - no longer a director 317 4
- NHS PENSIONS XFER ABROAD 62 1
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 453 5
- Output tax for retailer 257 6
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 445 11
- Budget 2015 predictions 162 4
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,931 32
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 95 1
- Non domicile swiss bank 124 2
- Possible Partnership? 593
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 499
- New Fangled Penalties 404
- Clubs and Taxable Income 328
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 296
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 249
- Loans to other companies 242
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 210
- Outsource Data Entry 203
- Moving away from CCH software 197