P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- Compensation payment and child benefit 28 1
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 172 5
- Am i Liable? 576 15
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 157 3
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 418 4
- RTI Easement Until 2016 77 2
- Altered PAYE cheque 370 8
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 358 9
- Write off of former director's loan 686 10
- Added years superannuation 100 3
- RTI 260 6
- Contingent Asset Disclosure 40 1
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 146 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 791 19
- RTI Student Loan Reconciliation 332 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,069 64
- Sole trader - bank statements 246 13
- Childcare vouchers 87 1
- Late registration for VAT 88 1
- Experienced Mentor 134 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,254
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 616
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 413
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 322
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 228
- Alphabet shares 205
- Agent fees to sell business 197
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 194
- Office recharges 157
- Tax position on lease extension 145