P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 609 5
- See you all on the other side 676 6
- 12Pay 440 2
- dividends 591 2
- R&D 308 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,168 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 433 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 394 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 367 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 538 5
- Seeking a tax case 636 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 498 4
- Companies house strike off 528 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 414 2
- Moving to the cloud 733 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 214 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 891 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 206 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,088 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 488 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 560
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 371
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 321
- USA help 315
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 295
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 288
- Marginal rates of tax 278
- Class 2 NI 266