P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 164 6
- Business trips - director and family 406 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 54 1
- Signed accounts for bank 653 15
- Family Partnership 263 8
- flat rate scheme 2,358 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 154 2
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 131 4
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 319 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 149 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 71 2
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 200 4
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 844 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 292 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 182 5
- VAT Query on new build 113 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 104 1
- P11D Car Value 267 6
- NOVA declaration 108 1
- Business valuation advice 710 18