P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 106 1
- Stumped - IHT 86 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 398 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 463 11
- Tips on meals 124 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,276 33
- Credit management tools 107 1
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 105 2
- property capital gains 102 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 768 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 368 7
- CGT and primary residence 150 1
- Marriage Allowance 244 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,142 12
- S455 and February year ends 303 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 877 18
- Closing down loss-making company 443 5
- S.455 Tax again 284 3
- New Build 338 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 375 4