P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- Who can wind up a Promissory Trust? 63 2
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 424 14
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 354 16
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 402 13
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 189 2
- MAAT signing off ACCA PER? 276 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 183 1
- tax insider 298 4
- Auto-Enrolment 201 3
- Annual subs 167 2
- Statement of Earnings, no P45 151 2
- Expenses paid by director (the owner) 185 2
- Mileage and Self Assessment 160 1
- ICAEW professional subscription and tax implications 226 4
- CGT Relief on Share Sale in LTD company 334 5
- Problems filing paper copies of accounts / computations with HMRC 498 9
- Payroll Manager not reoprting properly 320 7
- Directors remuneration declared after year end PAYE/NIC 609 25
- Advice please on best way forward 448 6
- I received penalty as I didn't submit full payment submission (fps), how to correct it? 355 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,410
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 721
- Any views 660
- HMRC Employers Diary 493
- International interest certificate 410
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 367
- Sale of business 314
- NOVA 224
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 220
- Advertising services? 218