P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- self assessment repayment requesto 525 10
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 969 41
- Capital Gains Relief 182 6
- Tax on devidend in my company who is employee in other company 93 3
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 667 26
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 200 4
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 231 6
- HMRC SA302s 40 1
- Amend tax return? 80 1
- Investment from Friend 199 10
- Receipt bank 358 8
- Trading lossess & non trading co & investment income 67 1
- Do we have to register for VAT? 498 10
- Self Assessment and P11D 171 4
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 351 4
- Company dividends 552 15
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 106 1
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,198 15
- TRONC scheme 112 1
- Advice on letting a client go ? 725 13
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 882
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 584
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 546
- Latest phishing scam 481
- Entrepreneurs' relief 429
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 353
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 327
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 251
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 250
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 175