P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,086 55
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 148 3
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 176 4
- Cash injection by shareholder 63 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,457 424
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 258 7
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 283 4
- PRR 199 11
- corp tax software 340 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 436 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 457 7
- Which tax box 180 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 103 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 221 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 202 6
- References for clients 193 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 145 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 107 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 315 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 136 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,296
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 460
- National Insurance 358
- Non Resident 275
- Franchise income and costs 254
- Hands on experience of Digita 208
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 167
- Employer's Helpline 158
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 138