P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 555 13
- Vat threshold issues 79 2
- Growing pains 351 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 230 14
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 53 1
- Consequential loss claim 105 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 186 5
- ATT Annual Return Problems 114 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 99 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 327 5
- private to company car? 179 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 946 34
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 577 10
- Buy to let allowable interest 139 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 221 1
- Partner with an IVA 164 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 587 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 415 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 306 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 231 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 456
- CTA study material 415
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 301
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 282
- Pre incorp expenses 272
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 241
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 232
- Slight twist on employment related securities 207
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 180
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 176