P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- The importance of Grammar 1,845 55
- 2 companies, one payroll 204 7
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 82 1
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 594 12
- Freelance/Employee 400 10
- Freehold management company 144 3
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 229 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 216 6
- System selection 233 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 116 1
- Director Liability 128 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 165 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 384 4
- exemptions from CIS 264 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 583 10
- Xero Pain Points 657 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 281 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 258 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,708 56
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 408 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 356
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 335
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 318
- Electric Car 267
- S222 Charge 231
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 230
- Company Structure 208
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 173
- IP trans to holding company 169