P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 213 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 119 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 249 7
- New Email Extensions 120 1
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 868 24
- SA302 192 3
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 107 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,073 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 264 2
- Dental practice incorpration 122 1
- Audit rules 158 4
- Go Cardless 272 8
- business entertaining deductibility 139 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 160 2
- R & D 107 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 86 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 180 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 160 1
- New Business Registration 221 5
- Hosted email exchange 140 4
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 336
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 282
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 221
- Mehjoo 221
- New strategic report 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 160
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 152