P11D - basic query
I understand that where an employee arranges entertainment and the company pays, there can be no NIC/PAYE due assuming it is business related, but that the cost should be entered in section N. But is it the payer's P11D or the entertained staff's P11D that the amounts are entered on?
E.G. A sole director pays £240 on his company barclaycard (so in effect the company pays) to take his staff (and himself) out for a business related(!) meal. Does this amount go on his P11D as a payment by him reimbursed by the company, or is it split between the various staff members (per capita) and do the individual amounts go on everyone's P11D as a "receipt of entertainment"? In other words is it the person paying the expense or the staff receiving the benefit?
What would happen if the director were entertaining clients?
I find this all very complicated.
Also, can I get a dispensation for staff entertaining or only for clients? The P11DX form seems to suggest it is only for client entertaining?
- tax credits 145 6
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 257 9
- LLP - Member leaving 148 6
- what time is it ? 90 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 259 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,059 14
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 676 19
- Tax Return Deadlines 226 4
- Year end 162 2
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 575 21
- How would you account for warranty? 160 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 404 22
- Sweet Tooth 189 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 180 2
- trading or dormant 120 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 131 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 573 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 277 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 124 1
- Foreign income for self employed 140 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 879
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 519
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 332
- How to format a stock book 313
- Tax efficient holding company structure 246
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 242
- Investment property company accounts template 227
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 220
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 193
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 167