I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,007 50
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 32 1
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 169 3
- Pension Contributions Relief 415 13
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 186 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,422 423
- PRR 45 1
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 32 1
- References for clients 134 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 106 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 43 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 301 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 80 5
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 280 1
- corp tax software 297 5
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 198 3
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 564 24
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 351 16
- Is this fraud? 564 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 103 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,291
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 458
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Franchise income and costs 247
- Hands on experience of Digita 206
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 162
- Employer's Helpline 154
- employment capital allowances 147
- CIS paid under reg 9 133