I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 241 6
- Invoice Help 148 4
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 116 1
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 270 6
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 77 2
- Employee overpaid who has left 150 3
- Peer to Peer lending 812 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 65 2
- Sorry ignore me 814 22
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 197 4
- Is this a scam? 472 6
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 268 6
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 239 5
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,218 17
- Childcare for clients 172 1
- One off meeting new client 543 9
- Employment allowance (again) :( 163 1
- illegal dividends 341 3
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 199 3
- VAT questions 313 4
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 618
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 527
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 381
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 290
- Cancelled 277
- Cancelled 241
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 184
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 182
- Probiz 165
- What's the market like for temps? 160