I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- Why should I retain membership? 2,658 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 165 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 322 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 124 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,252 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 384 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,457 18
- Vat 241 4
- CT/CIS offset 114 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 168 4
- Trade name 168 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 129 1
- New business - journal entries 309 20
- B2B vat in the EU 107 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 309 18
- VAT on deposits 204 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 127 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 404 12
- option to tax 204 1
- Share of profits from building society 102 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 778
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 706
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 387
- Social investment tax relief 206
- Digita Hosted Software 199
- Call Centre Data Costs 192
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 159
- Travel costs and contractors 150
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 145
- Certificates of tax deposit 136