I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- sole trader to ltd company 28 2
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 98 3
- Rogue Accountant 1,059 33
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,101 35
- Spousal transfer and PPR 294 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 222 7
- Dual taxation - usa 182 2
- My house has fallen down 435 13
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 84 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 276 10
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 249 7
- Inheritance Tax Advice 75 1
- Directors Salary and Directors Loan Account and RTI 101 1
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 546 8
- Getting fees, getting harder? 936 22
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 283 4
- What are the tax implications of bringing funds into the UK from abroad? 200 2
- Property sale split between years 153 5
- VAT charge on e-service supply 92 3
- VATMOSS filing 162 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 638
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 403
- Pensions Regulator 377
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 319
- RTI - duplicate employee record 317
- SA penalty proposals 295
- Using the correct forms 294
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 274
- Digital marketing focus group 195
- Sage Vat return box 2 185