I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 92 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,274 19
- Scanners 174 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 102 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 168 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 234 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 405 9
- Payment plans for clients 129 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 233 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 251 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 393 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 451 9
- P60 or payslips? 99 1
- Property income in different capacities 112 1
- IHT dilemma 1,386 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 195 1
- IT advisory questions? 181 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 799 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 154 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 532 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,163
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 799
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 491
- Digita Hosted Software 322
- Credit where credit's due....... 275
- Director phone costs 240
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 228
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 205
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 160
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 141