I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- Paper tax return 17 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,309 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 212 3
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 380 13
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 135 1
- AIA or IFA 405 7
- Surely not? 395 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 619 9
- Start up allowance? 312 10
- Running two businesses from the same premises 341 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 339 7
- Late Registration for VAT 342 11
- Old CGT loss 163 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 254 5
- Nominal Ledger 324 10
- Share structures 130 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,137 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 333 5
- Business rates consultancy 211 3
- Capitalisation - Scanning Files 172 4