I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 335 3
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 124 3
- Rights of Alphabet shares 160 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 183 4
- Telephone call from "Xero" 119 2
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 110 2
- P9D or P11D 880 8
- Business Bank account 87 3
- P35 and Service Company questions 226 6
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 674 28
- Purchase of ltd company 86 3
- Repairs or Improvement? 108 2
- Share Capital 162 3
- Administrative restoration 161 4
- Limited company 69 2
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 160 3
- Excel formula 457 9
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 163 4
- Companies House incorporation service 402 13
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,624 13
- Xtuple 555
- Qtac payroll for bureau 378
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 322
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 308
- CIS schemes 228
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 194
- Investment 189
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 185