I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,035 19
- Cash gift from India 270 7
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 451 8
- Probate services 463 11
- CIMA CBA or AAT 42 2
- Account and Taxable Profit 406 20
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 212 6
- Stamp Duty Land Tax changes 39 1
- Claiming for breach of contract 55 1
- Class 2 NIC 352 6
- US resident trading in UK 84 1
- Windows10 267 6
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 165 1
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,779 39
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,862 43
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 279 4
- Accounting for corporation tax 343 8
- Sole trader registering for the first time 354 1
- Creative Auto Enrolment 603 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 903 15