I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 301 9
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,382 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 200 5
- What do you all do in your spare time? 558 26
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 350 6
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 139 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 185 2
- VAT on employee loan 240 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 169 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 695 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 144 1
- Purchased Goodwill 92 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 66 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 86 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 198 4
- Recruitment agencies 582 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 517 20
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 267 9
- HMRC RANT!!!! 482 8
- Scams are not always obvious 2,036 33
- New Fangled Penalties 1,075
- Moving away from CCH software 929
- QROP pension input amounts 423
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 370
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 337
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 309
- fraud 260
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 235
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 209
- Construction CIS LLP Company 189