I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- Budget 2015 predictions 100 4
- Directors loan - no longer a director 276 3
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,899 32
- Telemarketing 93 3
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 420 10
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 89 1
- Non domicile swiss bank 114 2
- New tax codes for ex-employees 112 1
- Husband Wife let property 83 1
- Tennants in Common - Changing % Share 78 1
- Gift between companies 107 2
- Physiotherapy And Vat 123 2
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 446 6
- Why .... 695 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 935 9
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 544 12
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 432 5
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 273 6
- Relevant life plan 312 7
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 159 2
- Possible Partnership? 589
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 496
- New Fangled Penalties 401
- Clubs and Taxable Income 322
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 293
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 246
- Loans to other companies 240
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 208
- Outsource Data Entry 199
- Moving away from CCH software 196