I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- VAT Option to tax 419 14
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 106 3
- How far back can you get dates of property purchases 33 1
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,215 19
- husband and wife dividends 393 11
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 136 5
- What is considered an acceptable price for arable farming land 300 6
- Sage Instant Accounts 67 2
- LLP members share of profits 559 31
- VAT Registration 308 4
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 155 1
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 190 5
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 269 4
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,172 26
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 109 2
- Has anyone knowledge of Creditserve 71 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,011 15
- Entrepreneurs Relief 167 4
- Business travel apps 155 3
- How often can you change VAT scheme in a year? 104 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 902
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 633
- Free Tax Legislation? 392
- Director Loan account operation 392
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 315
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 313
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 284
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 216
- Paye procedures for CVA 216
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 177