I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- Just for fun. 695 22
- VAT on purchase of plant from Germany 97 3
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 62 1
- How to pay national insurance 499 16
- Spam blocking 117 4
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 200 4
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 200 9
- AccountingWeb is unworkable 110 1
- Small pool write off 208 4
- Bonus in june 233 2
- Where do I declare dividends in HMRC's Computations software ? 174 5
- reduce rate VAT on conversion from 2 to 1 dwelling 103 2
- HMRC Email 315 5
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,918 21
- Employment status 210 3
- BIM47080 and director training before trade starts 175 5
- Accounting Software for Small Practice 988 23
- Hannah's blog post about fish 362 4
- Overlap relief 641 16
- Timescale for S455/S458 reclaims 166 3
- Theatre Tax Relief 480
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 376
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 369
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 342
- Perkbox 308
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 299
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 269
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 267
- Document Management Systems 249
- WIP Software 229