I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,477 39
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 161 4
- PITA client 177 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 345 9
- What are options for non CA firm 2,613 56
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,303 33
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 732 15
- Dividend dates 473 8
- R&D tax credit claim 204 5
- CIS Deductions 268 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 97 1
- is this fraud? 774 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 482 5
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,517 28
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 212 5
- Not a good start no broadband 486 10
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 174 2
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 219 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 89 1
- Intrastat triangulation 74 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 595
- Cancelled 344
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 330
- Cancelled 281
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 252
- Probiz 239
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 180
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 174
- Car leasing scheme 173
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 151