I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- Concurrent users 778 11
- Bank account frozen 173 4
- Can employer reduce my ACCA tuition fees? 68 1
- Comment Deletion 104 1
- change director details just before striking-off 131 2
- owner paying for purchases and other expenses from personal account 203 4
- Where to enter asset disposal proceeds on CT600 102 1
- Charity Account-independent examiner 204 3
- VAT on Second Hand Touring Caravans 231 7
- Set-off interest received against interest paid? 112 1
- VAT and selling on Amazon 111 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 882 26
- Writing Website Content 688 23
- Share valuation upon death of shareholder 136 2
- Pension contributions and childcare vouchers 192 4
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 255 2
- Badges of trade 362 6
- Can HMRC charge penalties now for a tax return due for 2005? 299 4
- CT61 Interest - Is it voluntary? 157 2
- AIA 360 5
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 454
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 425
- Electric Car 359
- S222 Charge 286
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 266
- IP trans to holding company 224
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 207
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 197
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 171
- Simple Partnership Agreement Template 170