I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 686 5
- See you all on the other side 725 6
- 12Pay 489 2
- dividends 679 2
- R&D 340 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,203 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 454 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 443 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 398 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 560 5
- Seeking a tax case 666 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 528 4
- Companies house strike off 606 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 454 2
- Moving to the cloud 762 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 222 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 923 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 223 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,105 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 514 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 568
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 423
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 377
- IRIS and FRS 102 357
- Capitalising Finance Lease 335
- Marginal rates of tax 321
- USA help 321
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 318
- Class 2 NI 306
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 298