I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- s455 Directors loan 118 3
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 434 21
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 49 1
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,916 29
- Cash basis 695 24
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,152 8
- Non resident capital gains 58 1
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 390 12
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 333 1
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 513 6
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 153 2
- payroll software 489 9
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 300 8
- Fee base v staff ratio 562 7
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 291 13
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 98 1
- Complicated Company car purchase 285 3
- Statutory sick pay 395 5
- client threatening legal action 2,224 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 171 2
- Skandia using wrong address 597
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 324
- Employee rewards 301
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 267
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 236
- Etax Australian 198
- LLP in Construction Industry 159
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 142
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 137
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 129