I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 380 1
- Company Structure 393 11
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 193 3
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,571 33
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 301 8
- Advertising Tips? 364 8
- Transferring rental property to limited company 523 15
- will this work for IHT 106 1
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 564 9
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 123 3
- Time recording 208 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 263 4
- Land Registry 277 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 983 13
- Auto Enrolment 685 4
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 815 19
- Company Number 10000000 449 4
- IR35 373 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 449 12
- Revenue phishing examples 305 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 738
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 437
- Costly Accounting Software contract 374
- Directors' advances and credits 290
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 261
- DTA tie-breaker issue 253
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 236
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 213
- CGT for NOn UK residents 196
- Apprenticeship Levy 186