I am tearing my hair out with HMRC (not for the first time). Trying to file employer annual returns online, several clients are one-man companies where the director was paid below the PAYE and NIC payment levels. So far I have discoverd that:
Nil P35s cannot be filed through the CD-ROM even though P11s have been kept during the year, as there will be no P14s
P38As cannot be filed through the CD-ROM
P38As cannot currently be filed online through the HMRC website as there is a service issue
HMRC advice line has told me to visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/paye-nil.htm and enter "nothing due" for the 2009-10 year. Problem is that the 2009-10 year doesn't appear in the dropdown menu...Am I correct in thinking that if I select the box 6 March 2010 - 5 April 2010 it will automatically apply to the full year?
After much trawling round the notoriously user unfrinendly HMRC site, I have found a form: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortform/form/P35NilAgent which covers the P35 aspect - but why doesn't this refer to the possibility that a form P38A might be due? |It refers only to P11D(b)s
I would really appreciate advice from anyone with more experience. Should I:
1. Enter nil payment due for the year as per the above?
2. Submit the companies' details on the above P35Nil form (you can enter up to 8 clients at a time which saves l letter-writing to different tax offices)?
3. File the P38As online if/when the service issue is resolved - or should I just send them to the respective tax offices in case issue not resolved before 19 May?
I am going home now for a very large G&T but really looking forward to hearing from you!
- Company investment 188 6
- When to register or not for PAYE 336 6
- Opening Balances with very little info... 147 3
- Settlements Legislation - Adult Children as shareholders 163 2
- How to account for investment in JV? 187 1
- Strike off after accounts submitted 103 1
- Assets requested back from supplier ? 305 4
- What is your favourite font? 401 11
- CGT on Let Property 372 7
- Strike off 253 7
- Franchise affiliations 142 1
- Disclosure of 2014 corporation tax refund in 2015 accounts 124 1
- Gift to son by parents 363 3
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,212 35
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 184 4
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 471 7
- New CASC rules 184 2
- Autoenrolment and variable earnings 279 2
- CIS subcontractor's invoice on QuickFile 158 4
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 267 6
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 345
- Any thoughts on Capium? 299
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 275
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 255
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 242
- auto enrolment 218
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 198
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 196
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 169
- French ConnectionUK 150