Basic Q, just want to check it through.
Sole trader dentist, turnover £150k and profits £80k. Net assets £60k, being mainly small property and some equipment.
Wishes to introduce new partner into business. Share income profits and gains equally from now on.
What is the best way to approach this in terms of ring fencing the existing net assets. (the property has not been revalued). Is this by way of special mention in the partnership agreement. Or does the fact that the capital account of incoming partner being at zero just evidence the split.
Does the disposal of a 50% stake in the business need reporting at all?
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 52 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 51 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 140 1
- How to deal with prior year error 114 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 503 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,319 33
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,059 19
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,030 20
- Tax Calculations 650 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 379 4
- VAT - Check on clients business 578 24
- Exemption from CGT 204 2
- VAT Registration 214 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 461 14
- Autumn statement predictions 406 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 300 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 170 3
- Moneysoft error 425 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 645 26
- New client wants to submit tax returns from 06/07 to date, how many years can actually be submitted? 462 3