Basic Q, just want to check it through.
Sole trader dentist, turnover £150k and profits £80k. Net assets £60k, being mainly small property and some equipment.
Wishes to introduce new partner into business. Share income profits and gains equally from now on.
What is the best way to approach this in terms of ring fencing the existing net assets. (the property has not been revalued). Is this by way of special mention in the partnership agreement. Or does the fact that the capital account of incoming partner being at zero just evidence the split.
Does the disposal of a 50% stake in the business need reporting at all?
- Cloud-based email services? 167 3
- Late PAYE Registration 89 4
- CisVerification as an agent 251 4
- Online or Paper 64-8? 51 1
- Is the CT61 return dead? 537 9
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 1,707 15
- Auto Enrolment 523 2
- Lease premium accounting treatment 57 1
- Dormant co. now trading 223 7
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,547 20
- Rental holiday in lieu of repairs 550 13
- Casual Driver 495 7
- Questions from Liquidator 2,341 25
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 304 3
- Not renewing AAT 1,270 12
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 493 5
- Viewing folder contens en masse 453 11
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 312 4
- Property letting & CAs 486 2
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 595 7
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 718
- 2015 tax year end 458
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 424
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 369
- Costly Accounting Software contract 339
- Directors' advances and credits 272
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 257
- DTA tie-breaker issue 242
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 227
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 205