Basic Q, just want to check it through.
Sole trader dentist, turnover £150k and profits £80k. Net assets £60k, being mainly small property and some equipment.
Wishes to introduce new partner into business. Share income profits and gains equally from now on.
What is the best way to approach this in terms of ring fencing the existing net assets. (the property has not been revalued). Is this by way of special mention in the partnership agreement. Or does the fact that the capital account of incoming partner being at zero just evidence the split.
Does the disposal of a 50% stake in the business need reporting at all?
- Gift to employee 324 8
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 409 7
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,091 22
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 45 3
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 388 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 92 2
- Sage Import Data 279 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 231 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 64 2
- Best time software for small practice? 187 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 308 13
- private to company car? 353 9
- Which address 986 11
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 88 1
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 256 5
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 951 15
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 251 6
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 465 17
- Vat threshold issues 444 10
- Sale of an investment between group companies 161 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 471
- CTA study material 450
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 323
- Pre incorp expenses 301
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 260
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 248
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 202
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 145
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 133
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 128