Partners incorporating individually
The members of an LLP are thinking of incorporating fully, but not as one limited company. Instead, each will transfer his share of the business to his own personal company, leaving a partnership comprising entirely of corporate partners - a 'CT partnership'.
They will not claim any deferral in respect of the disposal of their shares of the business and will pay the 10% CGT, thereby generating a loan account. That's the idea, anyway.
On the face of it, the figures look pretty good for a business at this level of profit, as each corporate partner draws a modest dividend to use up the basic rate band and draws the rest of his income needs as a loan repayment. Even after the loan accounts are gone, there is still a modest tax saving to be had year on year.
The use of corporate patners creates a number of (hopefully!) unconnected companies, all of which are small for corporation tax purposes - incorporation of the whole business would create a company liable for the full rate of CT.
I am aware that this structure will reduce flexibility as far as a future sale of the business to a third party is concerned. Other than that, is anyone aware of any restrictions or pitfalls to the proposed structure?
Many thanks in advance for any comments.
- VT accounts licence key 169 5
- Weely paid employees 174 2
- Wrong career 331 14
- Splitting the tax year 32 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 174 5
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 69 1
- FPS Submission 75 2
- PTP software disaster 150 1
- Value pricing 620 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 192 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 91 1
- vat return 199 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 146 3
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 55 1
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,946 31
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 146 3
- Director's tax return 124 2
- reporting salary? 239 5
- Other forums 195 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 365 17
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 780
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 533
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 400
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 285
- Free Tax Legislation? 234
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 230
- Director Loan account operation 223
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 221
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 215
- Paye procedures for CVA 153