The path back to work
Not sure if anyone has experience on the benefits system.
A friend currently works 10 hours a week and as well as other benefits gets her mortgage interest paid.
She has an offer to increase to 20 hours a week, but at £7 / hour this will not net her as much as increasing to only 15 hours a week as once past 16 hours she stops getting her mortgage interest paid for her.
She hopes this is a path to fulltime employment so is keen to take it but worried that she will be worse off in the meantime.
Any thoughts welcome
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 62 2
- flat rate scheme 2,314 47
- Signed accounts for bank 624 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 817 12
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 105 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 282 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 137 5
- VAT Query on new build 78 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 126 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 138 4
- Family Partnership 225 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 70 1
- P11D Car Value 248 6
- NOVA declaration 99 1
- Business valuation advice 702 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,496 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,221 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 286 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,102 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 169 1