The path back to work
Not sure if anyone has experience on the benefits system.
A friend currently works 10 hours a week and as well as other benefits gets her mortgage interest paid.
She has an offer to increase to 20 hours a week, but at £7 / hour this will not net her as much as increasing to only 15 hours a week as once past 16 hours she stops getting her mortgage interest paid for her.
She hopes this is a path to fulltime employment so is keen to take it but worried that she will be worse off in the meantime.
Any thoughts welcome
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 43 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 860 36
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 394 18
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 17 1
- Probate services 342 6
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 186 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,604 37
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 255 7
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,480 24
- Opening Balance in Sage 50 Accounts 97 3
- Sage accounts help 80 1
- Community Faux Pas 804 25
- AAT before CIMA? 117 1
- trading losses allowable? 722 13
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 438 9
- Tax Fines - HMRC 746 11
- Shared Network Drive on the Cloud 94 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 166 6
- Here we go.... 853 25
- Capital Gains 336 6