Is PAYE and NIC deductable from a pension transfer enhancement excercise?
A client transferred out of an ex-employer's pension scheme.
The wording from the pension provider was -
"I can confirm the payment is part of an enhanced transfer exercise that Mr xxx accepted from the Company if he agreed to transfer out of the scheme. Each member in the exercise had the option of adding this enhancement payment to their benefits (tax free) as it was transferred to a new arrangement or alternately to receive the (taxable) fund from the Company into their bank account. "
My client took the money!
Should PAYE and NIC have been deducted?
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,082 34
- Flat rate vat 175 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 175 5
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 65 1
- Coming in from the cold 337 3
- Splitting the tax year 164 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 195 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 169 4
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 151 2
- Submitting tax return 155 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 239 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 262 8
- Director's tax return 339 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 131 1
- Sage Payroll 318 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 209 6
- vat return 267 3
- Value pricing 737 26
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 252 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 296 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 306
- Free Tax Legislation? 274
- Director Loan account operation 256
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 252
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 248
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 170