Is PAYE and NIC deductable from a pension transfer enhancement excercise?
A client transferred out of an ex-employer's pension scheme.
The wording from the pension provider was -
"I can confirm the payment is part of an enhanced transfer exercise that Mr xxx accepted from the Company if he agreed to transfer out of the scheme. Each member in the exercise had the option of adding this enhancement payment to their benefits (tax free) as it was transferred to a new arrangement or alternately to receive the (taxable) fund from the Company into their bank account. "
My client took the money!
Should PAYE and NIC have been deducted?
- Goodie bag 1,611 54
- can I approach clients ? 451 9
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 148 1
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 160 3
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 143 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 343 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 223 3
- FreeAgent question 127 2
- CIS monthly returns 203 2
- Husband Wife let property 359 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 508 12
- Output tax for retailer 322 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 297 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 144 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 142 1
- CT600 Advice 158 1
- Fair Value Accounting 86 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 172 4
- Companies House Penalties 175 2
- Apostille documents 127 2
- Possible Partnership? 646
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 522
- New Fangled Penalties 451
- Fuming! 392
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 320
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 262
- Outsource Data Entry 245
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 239
- Moving away from CCH software 234
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 179