Is PAYE and NIC deductable from a pension transfer enhancement excercise?
A client transferred out of an ex-employer's pension scheme.
The wording from the pension provider was -
"I can confirm the payment is part of an enhanced transfer exercise that Mr xxx accepted from the Company if he agreed to transfer out of the scheme. Each member in the exercise had the option of adding this enhancement payment to their benefits (tax free) as it was transferred to a new arrangement or alternately to receive the (taxable) fund from the Company into their bank account. "
My client took the money!
Should PAYE and NIC have been deducted?
- Hobby Horse 784 8
- Non resident income. 448 20
- What sectors to target? 610 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 255 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 189 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,934 41
- Self assesment online 993 11
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 265 21
- Why do I do this every year 418 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 304 5
- closing limited company 182 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 97 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 522 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 254 9
- IHT and US resident 71 1
- Limited Companies Merger 211 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 142 1
- Practice management 386 7
- IHT and cash gifts 254 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 567 13
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 933
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 650
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 600
- Latest phishing scam 580
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 416
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 313
- Scratch Head 242
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 237
- Sabbatical payments 199
- Negligible Value Claim 175