Is PAYE and NIC deductable from a pension transfer enhancement excercise?
A client transferred out of an ex-employer's pension scheme.
The wording from the pension provider was -
"I can confirm the payment is part of an enhanced transfer exercise that Mr xxx accepted from the Company if he agreed to transfer out of the scheme. Each member in the exercise had the option of adding this enhancement payment to their benefits (tax free) as it was transferred to a new arrangement or alternately to receive the (taxable) fund from the Company into their bank account. "
My client took the money!
Should PAYE and NIC have been deducted?
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 46 1
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 35 1
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 194 12
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 450 14
- Why should I retain membership? 2,086 34
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 621 10
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,107 13
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 129 5
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 59 1
- HMRC Underpayment notices. Are they related to Employers Allowance 149 1
- Starting Self Employment while Employed in Practice 2,601 41
- Company purchase of shares 225 14
- VAT: option to tax 204 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 196 3
- Payroll software 587 14
- Permanent Place of Work & Travel & Subsistence 164 4
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 229 1
- xerocon 360 11
- Money Soft payroll 393 10
- Problems with restoring companies on Sage 2015 113 4
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 681
- Auto enrolment excuses 596
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 359
- Call Centre Data Costs 174
- Social investment tax relief 173
- Digita Hosted Software 169
- option to tax 155
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 134
- VAT on deposits 132
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 129