Is PAYE and NIC deductable from a pension transfer enhancement excercise?
A client transferred out of an ex-employer's pension scheme.
The wording from the pension provider was -
"I can confirm the payment is part of an enhanced transfer exercise that Mr xxx accepted from the Company if he agreed to transfer out of the scheme. Each member in the exercise had the option of adding this enhancement payment to their benefits (tax free) as it was transferred to a new arrangement or alternately to receive the (taxable) fund from the Company into their bank account. "
My client took the money!
Should PAYE and NIC have been deducted?
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 657 14
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 372 5
- last minute request 566 6
- Xerocon 2016 1,071 27
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,209 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 288 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 316 7
- Personal Tax 551 11
- USA Tax Query 223 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,693 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 962 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 353 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 614 18
- Corrupt Excel File 683 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,993 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 295 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 440 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 205 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 397 4
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,263 46