Is PAYE and NIC deductable from a pension transfer enhancement excercise?
A client transferred out of an ex-employer's pension scheme.
The wording from the pension provider was -
"I can confirm the payment is part of an enhanced transfer exercise that Mr xxx accepted from the Company if he agreed to transfer out of the scheme. Each member in the exercise had the option of adding this enhancement payment to their benefits (tax free) as it was transferred to a new arrangement or alternately to receive the (taxable) fund from the Company into their bank account. "
My client took the money!
Should PAYE and NIC have been deducted?
- Deleted question? 717 19
- Accounts Question 80 4
- What are options for non CA firm 3,157 67
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,924 69
- MAAT vs ACCA 688 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,383 24
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,912 46
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 639 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 427 4
- VAT Return Errors 162 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 112 5
- inflation rate year on year 138 3
- Yorkshire Day 591 38
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 177 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 175 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 378 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 142 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 290 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 235 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 149 1
- Cancelled 468
- Cancelled 385
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 375
- Probiz 356
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 260
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 235
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 229
- More spam 183
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 161
- Employee Benefit Trust 151