Is PAYE and NIC deductable from a pension transfer enhancement excercise?
A client transferred out of an ex-employer's pension scheme.
The wording from the pension provider was -
"I can confirm the payment is part of an enhanced transfer exercise that Mr xxx accepted from the Company if he agreed to transfer out of the scheme. Each member in the exercise had the option of adding this enhancement payment to their benefits (tax free) as it was transferred to a new arrangement or alternately to receive the (taxable) fund from the Company into their bank account. "
My client took the money!
Should PAYE and NIC have been deducted?
- ACCA - still making me laugh 385 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 219 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 281 11
- Tax return software for remote working 431 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 445 9
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 770 24
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 389 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 429 9
- How to purchase business premises? 112 2
- Will I need to resign? 775 10
- Childcare vouchers 121 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 262 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 291 6
- VAT avoidance? 197 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 170 3
- PAYE coding out 158 3
- Follower cases 568 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 449 2
- Late Registration for VAT 447 12
- TheTax Donut 1,140 1
- Hive up 466
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 431
- corporate hierarchy 413
- Advice - 240
- Amortisation of Goodwill 210
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 196
- WWOOFers 191
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 171
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 171
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 167