Is PAYE and NIC deductable from a pension transfer enhancement excercise?
A client transferred out of an ex-employer's pension scheme.
The wording from the pension provider was -
"I can confirm the payment is part of an enhanced transfer exercise that Mr xxx accepted from the Company if he agreed to transfer out of the scheme. Each member in the exercise had the option of adding this enhancement payment to their benefits (tax free) as it was transferred to a new arrangement or alternately to receive the (taxable) fund from the Company into their bank account. "
My client took the money!
Should PAYE and NIC have been deducted?
- Networking 62 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 254 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 135 1
- Turnover on a tax return 259 8
- incorrect old p60 436 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 293 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,924 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 270 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 240 3
- VAT refund 161 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 240 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 263 3
- Missing tax return 387 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,121 30
- Inflation and fees 1,406 24
- Sage Priority Support 187 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 841 24
- Micro-entity accounts 294 1
- Related party disclosure 237 3
- Company reconstruction 168 1