Is PAYE and NIC deductable from a pension transfer enhancement excercise?
A client transferred out of an ex-employer's pension scheme.
The wording from the pension provider was -
"I can confirm the payment is part of an enhanced transfer exercise that Mr xxx accepted from the Company if he agreed to transfer out of the scheme. Each member in the exercise had the option of adding this enhancement payment to their benefits (tax free) as it was transferred to a new arrangement or alternately to receive the (taxable) fund from the Company into their bank account. "
My client took the money!
Should PAYE and NIC have been deducted?
- Irish Taxation 105 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,082 43
- Self assessment tax arrears 484 5
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 194 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 290 4
- Self assesment losses 285 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 158 3
- Off site storage 84 1
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 127 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 101 2
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 528 4
- Joint Property rent 160 3
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 206 6
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 245 1
- Fee protection 877 16
- Overdrawn DLA 271 9
- Disposal of an opted property 136 2
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 241 5
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 3,140 31
- CIS monthly declaration 206 9
- Xtuple 561
- Qtac payroll for bureau 384
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 337
- Industrial & Provident Societies 326
- Domain name sale and limited company 226
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 207
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 205
- Investment 202
- Tax on damages received 174
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 163