Is PAYE and NIC deductable from a pension transfer enhancement excercise?
A client transferred out of an ex-employer's pension scheme.
The wording from the pension provider was -
"I can confirm the payment is part of an enhanced transfer exercise that Mr xxx accepted from the Company if he agreed to transfer out of the scheme. Each member in the exercise had the option of adding this enhancement payment to their benefits (tax free) as it was transferred to a new arrangement or alternately to receive the (taxable) fund from the Company into their bank account. "
My client took the money!
Should PAYE and NIC have been deducted?
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 222 5
- Employed clients and expenses 753 13
- VAT return - Box 7 & 9 Vat cash accounting 22 1
- FRS 102 Fair Value v open market value 98 2
- Taxfiler V's BTC 796 31
- Quickbooks 2015 169 1
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 342 13
- Sage reporting 95 4
- SA302's anyone?? 2,770 41
- Directors loan accounts 234 6
- Professional Clearance 1,507 23
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 332 8
- Expense receipt from previous quarter not included in VAT return 104 2
- Change of director first name on Annual Return 121 2
- BTC Software 257 9
- Allowable expenditure when claiming wear & tear 185 7
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 97 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 570 30
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 2,709 25
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 101 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,013
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 522
- NOVA 479
- Bonus Bonds 360
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 345
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 261
- Payment for Promotional Samples 234
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 231
- Friendly Pensions 157
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 146