Is PAYE and NIC deductable from a pension transfer enhancement excercise?
A client transferred out of an ex-employer's pension scheme.
The wording from the pension provider was -
"I can confirm the payment is part of an enhanced transfer exercise that Mr xxx accepted from the Company if he agreed to transfer out of the scheme. Each member in the exercise had the option of adding this enhancement payment to their benefits (tax free) as it was transferred to a new arrangement or alternately to receive the (taxable) fund from the Company into their bank account. "
My client took the money!
Should PAYE and NIC have been deducted?
- Limited company buying a car 139 4
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 257 15
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 457 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 544 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 167 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 286 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 106 2
- ACCA practice certificates 492 5
- Limited company buying director's car 286 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 74 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 90 1
- WC's and capital allowances 172 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 300 13
- Dress code 1,545 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 477 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 256 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 377 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 472 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 184 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 105 3
- CTA study material 769
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 477
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 396
- Employment related securities question 308
- AIM Stocks and IHT 279
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 257
- Expat pension contributions? 255
- Trust for Employee 236
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 174
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 147