Is PAYE and NIC deductable from a pension transfer enhancement excercise?
A client transferred out of an ex-employer's pension scheme.
The wording from the pension provider was -
"I can confirm the payment is part of an enhanced transfer exercise that Mr xxx accepted from the Company if he agreed to transfer out of the scheme. Each member in the exercise had the option of adding this enhancement payment to their benefits (tax free) as it was transferred to a new arrangement or alternately to receive the (taxable) fund from the Company into their bank account. "
My client took the money!
Should PAYE and NIC have been deducted?
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 37 1
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 201 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 48 1
- how do i get UTR 65 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 94 1
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 265 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 77 1
- Your comments please 282 6
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 300 5
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 169 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 93 2
- EIS 188 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 81 2
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 93 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 102 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 103 1
- CGT history of shares 150 2
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 700 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 194 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 128 2
- Moving away from CCH software 962
- QROP pension input amounts 448
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 392
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 374
- fraud 297
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 270
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 238
- Construction CIS LLP Company 224
- EPS and CIS deductions 218
- Out of time or not? 202