Is PAYE and NIC deductable from a pension transfer enhancement excercise?
A client transferred out of an ex-employer's pension scheme.
The wording from the pension provider was -
"I can confirm the payment is part of an enhanced transfer exercise that Mr xxx accepted from the Company if he agreed to transfer out of the scheme. Each member in the exercise had the option of adding this enhancement payment to their benefits (tax free) as it was transferred to a new arrangement or alternately to receive the (taxable) fund from the Company into their bank account. "
My client took the money!
Should PAYE and NIC have been deducted?
- Property expense - legal fees 55 1
- Accounting for a VAT Group 79 2
- OBK 84 3
- Research expenses for authors 216 4
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 752 16
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 114 2
- Company Loan to associated company 39 1
- Dormant Company 73 2
- VAT on “Reimbursement” from third parties 138 5
- CLG exempt under s60 147 3
- Late VAT registration penalty 166 4
- Auto-Enrolment 3,324 159
- How to consolidate an LLP? 223 7
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 185 4
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 532 2
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 95 2
- HMRC website 140 1
- VAT 76 1
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 387 18
- Company incorrectly marked 'dormant' by HMRC 138 1
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 505
- Skandia using wrong address 452
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 243
- Employee rewards 238
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 211
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 189
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 184
- Etax Australian 154