Is PAYE and NIC deductable from a pension transfer enhancement excercise?
A client transferred out of an ex-employer's pension scheme.
The wording from the pension provider was -
"I can confirm the payment is part of an enhanced transfer exercise that Mr xxx accepted from the Company if he agreed to transfer out of the scheme. Each member in the exercise had the option of adding this enhancement payment to their benefits (tax free) as it was transferred to a new arrangement or alternately to receive the (taxable) fund from the Company into their bank account. "
My client took the money!
Should PAYE and NIC have been deducted?
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 260 3
- Fees 457 6
- HMRC Post 575 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 426 8
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 169 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 440 8
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 511 17
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 286 3
- www.pool.adzio 152 2
- Losses carry forward to self employed 180 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,877 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 285 3
- Transactions with directors 478 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 312 9
- Non VAT invoices 245 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,434 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 278 5
- Form 17 Download 193 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 596 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 408 4
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 766
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 418
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 370
- Electric Car 303
- S222 Charge 250
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 214
- IP trans to holding company 196
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 190
- AIA 188
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 182