PAYE Investigation - Request for electronic records
We've recently been informed that HMRC are opening an enquiry into a cleints PAYE. They have asked (and then been quite insistent over the phone), that electronic payroll files MUST be submitted to them 2 weeks before their visit.
The payroll is produced in Moneysoft, so there's no problem with the data being available. However, I've never received a request like this before. Is it normal? If so, how have other practioners dealt with it? Do you just send them the files as requested or insist that they review on site.....
Maybe I'm just paranoid!
- Xerocon 2016 1,019 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,192 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 236 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 250 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 598 12
- Personal Tax 499 11
- USA Tax Query 175 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,661 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 946 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 299 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 602 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 353 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 415 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 180 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 344 4
- last minute request 523 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46