Penalty determination but only after I changed the accounting period date.....
I'm about to appeal a penalty determination received today, but wanted to check that I was actually on the right footing....
A client had the corporation tax period as the 13th of April 2009 to 12th April 2010. I prepared two sets of accounts - one to the 30th April 2009 which was dormant, and then 12 months after that. The original required submission date of the corporation tax return and the accounts was the 12th of January, which was the day I submitted both returns online.
Today I have received a penalty notice for £200 for the client for the period 13th April 2009 to 30th April 2009, with the date of CT return due as the 30th August 2010. But HMRC did not send a request for this period and with this deadline.
Am I correct in that I have grounds to appeal?
- Recommendations for online payroll software 180 1
- . 165 1
- Accountant Specialization. 248 2
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 225 4
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 157 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 158 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 435 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 82 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 592 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 675 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 117 2
- Freelance/Employee 633 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 179 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 324 6
- Is it just me ... 275 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 281 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 113 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 344 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 222 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,531 18
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 745
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 405
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 353
- Electric Car 288
- S222 Charge 237
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 185
- IP trans to holding company 183
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 171
- AIA 166
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 163