Penalty determination but only after I changed the accounting period date.....
I'm about to appeal a penalty determination received today, but wanted to check that I was actually on the right footing....
A client had the corporation tax period as the 13th of April 2009 to 12th April 2010. I prepared two sets of accounts - one to the 30th April 2009 which was dormant, and then 12 months after that. The original required submission date of the corporation tax return and the accounts was the 12th of January, which was the day I submitted both returns online.
Today I have received a penalty notice for £200 for the client for the period 13th April 2009 to 30th April 2009, with the date of CT return due as the 30th August 2010. But HMRC did not send a request for this period and with this deadline.
Am I correct in that I have grounds to appeal?
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 93 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,528 38
- Business purchase cost - treatment? 10 1
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 40 1
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 85 4
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 116 5
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 395 11
- company loss, Can he start again?? 91 4
- Personal consumption by landlord 222 1
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 103 3
- Early repayment of CIS deductions - sole trader 107 5
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 237 1
- VAT chargeable or not? 224 4
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 418 8
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 67 4
- Charity reserves 348 6
- Property scam victim 234 3
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 121 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 722 16
- Software to use 121 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,069
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 567
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 378
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 284
- Charge out rates in London? 230
- Interest on Loan to a Company 182
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 166
- Agent fees to sell business 152
- Alphabet shares 146
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 145