Penalty determination but only after I changed the accounting period date.....
I'm about to appeal a penalty determination received today, but wanted to check that I was actually on the right footing....
A client had the corporation tax period as the 13th of April 2009 to 12th April 2010. I prepared two sets of accounts - one to the 30th April 2009 which was dormant, and then 12 months after that. The original required submission date of the corporation tax return and the accounts was the 12th of January, which was the day I submitted both returns online.
Today I have received a penalty notice for £200 for the client for the period 13th April 2009 to 30th April 2009, with the date of CT return due as the 30th August 2010. But HMRC did not send a request for this period and with this deadline.
Am I correct in that I have grounds to appeal?
- Practice management 138 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 208 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 81 1
- IHT and cash gifts 50 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 129 7
- Clothing 148 4
- VAT registration transfer 147 3
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 570 30
- Sponsorship & VAT 85 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 94 2
- Director drawings 390 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 322 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 91 1
- HMRC SA302s 203 3
- What does the "K" signify 430 7
- Director or self-employed 145 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 127 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 142 3
- What sectors to target? 202 7
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 130 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 905
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 609
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 577
- Latest phishing scam 531
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 375
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 343
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 281
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 199
- Capital allowances in first basis period 187
- Sabbatical payments 175