Penalty determination but only after I changed the accounting period date.....
I'm about to appeal a penalty determination received today, but wanted to check that I was actually on the right footing....
A client had the corporation tax period as the 13th of April 2009 to 12th April 2010. I prepared two sets of accounts - one to the 30th April 2009 which was dormant, and then 12 months after that. The original required submission date of the corporation tax return and the accounts was the 12th of January, which was the day I submitted both returns online.
Today I have received a penalty notice for £200 for the client for the period 13th April 2009 to 30th April 2009, with the date of CT return due as the 30th August 2010. But HMRC did not send a request for this period and with this deadline.
Am I correct in that I have grounds to appeal?
- Personal pension 468 10
- How much does the company pay 183 4
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 614 22
- FAO BTC tech geek type people 131 2
- Benefit in Kind 363 8
- Help with CGT please 139 3
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 913 12
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,493 5
- Lack of VAT Receipt 174 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 325 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 333 17
- Will I need to resign? 970 11
- Cocaine anyone? 713 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 268 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 200 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 224 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 187 2
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 756 13
- Business rates consultancy 280 4
- Wrong tax code 227 6
- Hive up 525
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 482
- corporate hierarchy 460
- Advice - 306
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 251
- WWOOFers 247
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 226
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 204
- The booking.com con 202
- Cocaine anyone? 185