Penalty determination but only after I changed the accounting period date.....
I'm about to appeal a penalty determination received today, but wanted to check that I was actually on the right footing....
A client had the corporation tax period as the 13th of April 2009 to 12th April 2010. I prepared two sets of accounts - one to the 30th April 2009 which was dormant, and then 12 months after that. The original required submission date of the corporation tax return and the accounts was the 12th of January, which was the day I submitted both returns online.
Today I have received a penalty notice for £200 for the client for the period 13th April 2009 to 30th April 2009, with the date of CT return due as the 30th August 2010. But HMRC did not send a request for this period and with this deadline.
Am I correct in that I have grounds to appeal?
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 120 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 439 9
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 434 10
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 239 6
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 238 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 190 1
- Share transfer question 311 16
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 541 10
- The stupidity continues 127 2
- New Employers Helpline 143 3
- Overlap relief 730 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,316 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 202 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 195 4
- VAT Query 199 2
- Sacked my first client 679 14
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 264 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,276 24
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 626 11
- Trades and deadlines 168 3
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 427
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 422
- WIP Software 288
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 284
- No payroll scheme in place 220
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 219
- Software recommendations 205
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 199
- Is there anything wrong with this? 190
- Small Part Disposal of Property 172