Penalty determination but only after I changed the accounting period date.....
I'm about to appeal a penalty determination received today, but wanted to check that I was actually on the right footing....
A client had the corporation tax period as the 13th of April 2009 to 12th April 2010. I prepared two sets of accounts - one to the 30th April 2009 which was dormant, and then 12 months after that. The original required submission date of the corporation tax return and the accounts was the 12th of January, which was the day I submitted both returns online.
Today I have received a penalty notice for £200 for the client for the period 13th April 2009 to 30th April 2009, with the date of CT return due as the 30th August 2010. But HMRC did not send a request for this period and with this deadline.
Am I correct in that I have grounds to appeal?
- State pension 234 2
- Accountancy Career 29 1
- CIC Company 644 13
- pension paid by company? 26 1
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,798 22
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,234 66
- 27,000 Really? 935 27
- Deduction from Salary 623 15
- inheritance tax 355 11
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 414 5
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 257 7
- Group Audit Thresholds 345 10
- One off meeting new client 1,670 16
- Legal title not in the company name 750 22
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 275 3
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 529 4
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 189 3
- NALS Accountants Report 346 5
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,235 44
- Farm barn lettings 230 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 392
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 352
- Cancelled 333
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 306
- Probiz 298
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 277
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 256
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 221
- How not to compose an email 212