Penalty determination but only after I changed the accounting period date.....
I'm about to appeal a penalty determination received today, but wanted to check that I was actually on the right footing....
A client had the corporation tax period as the 13th of April 2009 to 12th April 2010. I prepared two sets of accounts - one to the 30th April 2009 which was dormant, and then 12 months after that. The original required submission date of the corporation tax return and the accounts was the 12th of January, which was the day I submitted both returns online.
Today I have received a penalty notice for £200 for the client for the period 13th April 2009 to 30th April 2009, with the date of CT return due as the 30th August 2010. But HMRC did not send a request for this period and with this deadline.
Am I correct in that I have grounds to appeal?
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 99 4
- signature required 272 11
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 431 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 737 13
- More AE! 737 17
- Web sites 191 3
- Homing sandwiches 237 7
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 93 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 562 13
- Dispensation 140 3
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 474 14
- South African family trust and UK resident beneficiary 86 3
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 292 3
- Late Filing and Late Registration Penalty 246 3
- Capitalising purchased software 114 2
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 271 2
- Recharge for private use of a company car 566 17
- how to object to registered company name... 354 2
- Property income in different capacities 255 5
- CGT 492 19
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,217
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 807
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 506
- Digita Hosted Software 326
- Credit where credit's due....... 299
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 232
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 180
- TheTax Donut 167
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 151
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 146