Penalty determination but only after I changed the accounting period date.....
I'm about to appeal a penalty determination received today, but wanted to check that I was actually on the right footing....
A client had the corporation tax period as the 13th of April 2009 to 12th April 2010. I prepared two sets of accounts - one to the 30th April 2009 which was dormant, and then 12 months after that. The original required submission date of the corporation tax return and the accounts was the 12th of January, which was the day I submitted both returns online.
Today I have received a penalty notice for £200 for the client for the period 13th April 2009 to 30th April 2009, with the date of CT return due as the 30th August 2010. But HMRC did not send a request for this period and with this deadline.
Am I correct in that I have grounds to appeal?
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 301 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 92 1
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 392 6
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 325 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 278 8
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 107 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,808 65
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 907 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 212 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 138 1
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 198 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 412 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 344 9
- Merging my businesses 173 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,741 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 520 16
- VAT on commercial property 174 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,068 49
- deceased creditor 222 5
- Corporate member of LLP 288 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 786
- RTI - duplicate employee record 546
- Pensions Regulator 446
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 407
- Sage Vat return box 2 312
- Sanzar 308
- Portia ... Where art thou 292
- Digital marketing focus group 292
- How do you do it 285
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 264