Penalty determination but only after I changed the accounting period date.....
I'm about to appeal a penalty determination received today, but wanted to check that I was actually on the right footing....
A client had the corporation tax period as the 13th of April 2009 to 12th April 2010. I prepared two sets of accounts - one to the 30th April 2009 which was dormant, and then 12 months after that. The original required submission date of the corporation tax return and the accounts was the 12th of January, which was the day I submitted both returns online.
Today I have received a penalty notice for £200 for the client for the period 13th April 2009 to 30th April 2009, with the date of CT return due as the 30th August 2010. But HMRC did not send a request for this period and with this deadline.
Am I correct in that I have grounds to appeal?
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 50 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,189 364
- What is the role of an accountant? 388 13
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 249 1
- P11D Query 142 4
- 100% Xero practice 2,244 40
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 62 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,321 25
- Company Accounts 435 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 83 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 284 7
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 190 4
- VAT on introducer fees 120 2
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 81 2
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 200 12
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 321 18
- Scottish but not UK 279 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 272 9
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 285 5
- CIS 354 11
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,220
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 428
- National Insurance 327
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 321
- Non Resident 252
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 240
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 152