Penalty determination but only after I changed the accounting period date.....
I'm about to appeal a penalty determination received today, but wanted to check that I was actually on the right footing....
A client had the corporation tax period as the 13th of April 2009 to 12th April 2010. I prepared two sets of accounts - one to the 30th April 2009 which was dormant, and then 12 months after that. The original required submission date of the corporation tax return and the accounts was the 12th of January, which was the day I submitted both returns online.
Today I have received a penalty notice for £200 for the client for the period 13th April 2009 to 30th April 2009, with the date of CT return due as the 30th August 2010. But HMRC did not send a request for this period and with this deadline.
Am I correct in that I have grounds to appeal?
- Workshops centred around Xero 449 12
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 130 3
- Scams are not always obvious 673 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 98 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 92 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 84 3
- Related party disclosures 161 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 173 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 68 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 604 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 206 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 241 8
- Is this legal? 612 9
- Market Value/Connected Persons 178 7
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,982 23
- Cells from many sheets 122 2
- Taxation of rental income 193 4
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 134 6
- Childcare vouchers 95 1
- Directors loan 1,403 9
- New Fangled Penalties 1,040
- Moving away from CCH software 901
- Recruitment agencies 525
- QROP pension input amounts 409
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 361
- Deemed Employment Payment 343
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 306
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 297
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 216
- fraud 212