Penalty determination but only after I changed the accounting period date.....
I'm about to appeal a penalty determination received today, but wanted to check that I was actually on the right footing....
A client had the corporation tax period as the 13th of April 2009 to 12th April 2010. I prepared two sets of accounts - one to the 30th April 2009 which was dormant, and then 12 months after that. The original required submission date of the corporation tax return and the accounts was the 12th of January, which was the day I submitted both returns online.
Today I have received a penalty notice for £200 for the client for the period 13th April 2009 to 30th April 2009, with the date of CT return due as the 30th August 2010. But HMRC did not send a request for this period and with this deadline.
Am I correct in that I have grounds to appeal?
- Irish Taxation 118 3
- Self assessment tax arrears 495 6
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 111 2
- Error on SA Tax Return 54 1
- Drector renting room to company 51 1
- Off site storage 126 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 569 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 225 7
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,118 44
- Industrial & Provident Societies 343 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 214 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 311 4
- Self assesment losses 301 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 163 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 163 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 111 2
- Joint Property rent 166 3
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 264 1
- Fee protection 896 16
- Overdrawn DLA 285 9
- Xtuple 562
- Qtac payroll for bureau 384
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 339
- Domain name sale and limited company 227
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 209
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 206
- Investment 203
- Tax on damages received 177
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 172
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 142