Penalty determination but only after I changed the accounting period date.....
I'm about to appeal a penalty determination received today, but wanted to check that I was actually on the right footing....
A client had the corporation tax period as the 13th of April 2009 to 12th April 2010. I prepared two sets of accounts - one to the 30th April 2009 which was dormant, and then 12 months after that. The original required submission date of the corporation tax return and the accounts was the 12th of January, which was the day I submitted both returns online.
Today I have received a penalty notice for £200 for the client for the period 13th April 2009 to 30th April 2009, with the date of CT return due as the 30th August 2010. But HMRC did not send a request for this period and with this deadline.
Am I correct in that I have grounds to appeal?
- Offering Cash Prizes to University Students 9 1
- Auto-Enrolment 3,952 187
- Can I claim mileage? 250 6
- limited company for IR35 141 1
- Ir35 test 110 2
- Money laundering POCA 288 5
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 139 7
- payroll software 242 2
- Mexican student in UK 171 4
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 204 2
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 68 2
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 268 2
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 175 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 144 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 883 19
- Dividend in specie 278 8
- Partnership Tax Return Deadline 119 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 198 9
- client threatening legal action 1,889 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 740 8
- Skandia using wrong address 501
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 284
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 281
- Employee rewards 263
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 234
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 227
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 225
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 175
- LLP in Construction Industry 127