Penalty determination but only after I changed the accounting period date.....
I'm about to appeal a penalty determination received today, but wanted to check that I was actually on the right footing....
A client had the corporation tax period as the 13th of April 2009 to 12th April 2010. I prepared two sets of accounts - one to the 30th April 2009 which was dormant, and then 12 months after that. The original required submission date of the corporation tax return and the accounts was the 12th of January, which was the day I submitted both returns online.
Today I have received a penalty notice for £200 for the client for the period 13th April 2009 to 30th April 2009, with the date of CT return due as the 30th August 2010. But HMRC did not send a request for this period and with this deadline.
Am I correct in that I have grounds to appeal?
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 182 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 71 2
- Director's tax return 156 3
- Tricky VAT question 80 1
- Wrong career 362 15
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 85 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 203 6
- VT accounts licence key 204 5
- Weely paid employees 189 2
- Splitting the tax year 58 1
- FPS Submission 107 2
- PTP software disaster 172 1
- Value pricing 626 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 194 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 107 1
- vat return 209 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 159 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,959 31
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 158 3
- reporting salary? 248 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 781
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 536
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 405
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 287
- Free Tax Legislation? 242
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 231
- Director Loan account operation 226
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 221
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 217
- Paye procedures for CVA 155