Penalty determination but only after I changed the accounting period date.....
I'm about to appeal a penalty determination received today, but wanted to check that I was actually on the right footing....
A client had the corporation tax period as the 13th of April 2009 to 12th April 2010. I prepared two sets of accounts - one to the 30th April 2009 which was dormant, and then 12 months after that. The original required submission date of the corporation tax return and the accounts was the 12th of January, which was the day I submitted both returns online.
Today I have received a penalty notice for £200 for the client for the period 13th April 2009 to 30th April 2009, with the date of CT return due as the 30th August 2010. But HMRC did not send a request for this period and with this deadline.
Am I correct in that I have grounds to appeal?
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 231 10
- Companies House 196 3
- Gross Profit Percentage 265 5
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 154 1
- How to Value a Business 482 9
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 148 5
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 560 13
- How much did you pay for your website 501 13
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 125 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 387 7
- Company Pension Contributions 275 6
- Expenses allowable 190 3
- Let Property Campaign 394 6
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 143 1
- Self employment trap - pension 355 3
- Awkward IP 623 9
- ESC A19 139 2
- When does my Property business start 277 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,543 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 879 19
- CTA study material 604
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 598
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 369
- Employment related securities question 227
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 200
- ATED Penalties 197
- AIM Stocks and IHT 179
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 139
- Expat pension contributions? 130
- Trust for Employee 126