Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Spousal transfer and PPR 612 23
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 525 16
- recompense capital input 119 5
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 46 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 697 19
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 86 1
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 408 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,195 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 105 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 178 3
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 205 7
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 214 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 975 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 181 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 241 5
- Merging my businesses 221 3
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 480 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 372 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 334 1
- Holiday entitlement 591 11
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 794
- RTI - duplicate employee record 561
- Pensions Regulator 451
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 412
- Portia ... Where art thou 322
- Sanzar 315
- How do you do it 300
- Digital marketing focus group 298
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 273
- new investor structure 183