Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Cash basis 639 20
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 327 17
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 489 6
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 336 11
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 104 2
- payroll software 479 9
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 295 8
- Fee base v staff ratio 530 7
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 269 13
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 84 1
- Complicated Company car purchase 274 3
- Statutory sick pay 381 5
- client threatening legal action 2,200 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 162 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 229 1
- Instant CPD offer 332 3
- Income from rent charged to business 210 2
- Dividend in specie 400 9
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 199 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 158 1
- Skandia using wrong address 589
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 320
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 318
- Employee rewards 300
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 265
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 236
- Etax Australian 197
- LLP in Construction Industry 159
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 140
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 136