Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Over VAT threshold but now ceased trading 144 1
- Auto enrolment 417 8
- Audacity 909 17
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings 381 7
- Late registration for MOSS 234 5
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 355 8
- Revaluation of Brands etc 264 5
- Self employed care worker 470 10
- Client right to working papers 305 3
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 533 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 329 4
- Professional Clearance 1,041 24
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 264 5
- Illegal share transfer 446 5
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 167 2
- Company Strike off 1,832 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,125 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 392 3
- Estate admin practicalities 221 1
- Cloud Accounting Software for Practitioners 1,501 23
- NHS finance professionals 532
- VAL231 407
- Mother and son property ownership 373
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 358
- Foreign Pension Contribution 331
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 305
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 285
- vat gross profit percentage margins 270
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 255
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 223