Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Cash in Hand 168 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 190 5
- are receipts needed? 635 17
- SA302's anyone?? 621 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 335 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 143 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 358 12
- Busines software 174 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 206 6
- Converting a barn for business use 189 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 320 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 325 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 495 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 332 3
- Bookkeping software 736 7
- Clogged Losses 286 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 284 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 670 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 279 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 133 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 373
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 335
- Management expenses for investment company 276
- Bonus Bonds 273
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 187
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 168
- P11D benefit received by widow 167
- EXACT ONLINE 166