Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- The Cotter Case 170 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 88 3
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 123 2
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 18 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 936 16
- Sole Trader business 149 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 149 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 143 1
- Giving a seminar 680 36
- Tax position on lease extension 174 1
- Boffin of the Year 294 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 217 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 235 4
- Sage Depreciation 75 1
- Non sequitur 248 2
- Am i Liable? 874 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 169 1
- tax relief for the cost of trade marks 155 1
- Interest on main residence mortgage then lent to a company 72 1
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 475 10
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,293
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 639
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 422
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 331
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 261
- Alphabet shares 219
- Agent fees to sell business 212
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 207
- Office recharges 169
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 148