Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Auto enrolment 1,456 14
- Client's company struck off 562 17
- Travel expenses from Spain to the UK - tax deductible ? 245 8
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 117 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 155 3
- Extension of lease in flat management company 86 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 191 7
- Does a building subcontractor charge VAT on his labour on a new-build? 329 9
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 106 1
- Interest, surcharges and interest on late payment of tax 119 2
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 181 3
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 128 3
- Anyone had this problem?? 705 19
- Input VAT suffered in EU 155 3
- Investment property? 95 2
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 1,611 23
- Sole Trader Cessation 174 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 338 6
- Does AE staging date cease with transfer of business? 98 1
- Invoice personally but declare in company? 448 9
- QROP pension input amounts 470
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 424
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 408
- fraud 337
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 258
- EPS and CIS deductions 247
- Construction CIS LLP Company 242
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 199
- SAGE winforecast 170
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 166