Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 117 2
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 145 4
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 244 5
- Sage Line 50 41 1
- HMRC Post 214 4
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 109 1
- Freelance/Employee 553 14
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 194 3
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 474 11
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,858 57
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 322 8
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 177 3
- Employment Allowance 357 3
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,394 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 189 4
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 972 21
- Company Structure 284 2
- The importance of Grammar 2,133 58
- Who is responsible for goods values for customs clearance? 68 1
- Accountant Specialization. 146 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 400
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 366
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 344
- Electric Car 279
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 172
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 162
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 162
- AIA 153