Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 188 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 177 4
- Money laundering POCA 335 7
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 52 1
- Offering Cash Prizes to University Students 102 3
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 331 3
- client threatening legal action 1,956 29
- Incorporation Relief 165 3
- Auto-Enrolment 4,004 187
- Can I claim mileage? 290 6
- limited company for IR35 158 1
- Ir35 test 141 2
- payroll software 262 2
- Mexican student in UK 182 4
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 229 2
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 96 2
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 182 1
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 900 19
- Dividend in specie 299 8
- Partnership Tax Return Deadline 136 1
- Skandia using wrong address 508
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 285
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 282
- Employee rewards 264
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 238
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 229
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 227
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 176
- LLP in Construction Industry 127