Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Peer to Peer lending 1,042 8
- Small company audit 300 9
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 96 2
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 161 3
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,025 50
- R&D tax credit claim 251 6
- CIC Company 492 6
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 343 8
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 247 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 506 11
- HMRC Property campaign 785 10
- Estate agent and VAT registration 191 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 117 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 375 12
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 536 8
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 218 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 232 5
- Problem partnership fees 158 1
- Car financed by employee 147 1
- Potential Customer Under VAT Threshold 146 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 610
- Cancelled 355
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 338
- Cancelled 291
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 268
- Probiz 254
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 210
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 200
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 192
- Car leasing scheme 188