Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 468 10
- Declined for business bank account 248 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,629 284
- Help with Mortgage Application? 483 7
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 181 3
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 213 10
- Standard 'email' template system 883 14
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,029 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 218 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 95 1
- Circular shareholding 234 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 193 6
- business card address 313 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 214 2
- Loan to a related company 109 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 663 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 336 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 274 8
- property rental income split 135 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 139 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,116
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 368
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 300
- National Insurance 269
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 240
- Payments on account coded out?? 230
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 223
- Non Resident 188
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 184
- Franchise income and costs 178