Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 97 3
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 896 10
- Dress code 1,252 29
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 360 4
- Scottish Independance 495 14
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 372 17
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 701 19
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 743 9
- carry back of gift aid 75 1
- How to complain about HMRC 1,040 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 328 8
- NOMINAL CODES 328 4
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 180 2
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 718 5
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 285 9
- Interest relief before property is rented out 238 4
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 376 7
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 428 9
- Sharing of Fixed Assets 121 1
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 253 1
- CTA study material 746
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 462
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 345
- Employment related securities question 298
- AIM Stocks and IHT 274
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 240
- Trust for Employee 227
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Wind Turbine - Company or not? 134