Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 75 1
- interest in client bank account 44 1
- Company Number 10000000 704 6
- Charge for tax returns 39 2
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 169 9
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 447 9
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 351 6
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 507 16
- Large director's pension contribution 381 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 59 1
- Auto Enrolment 69 1
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 303 8
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 567 13
- will this work for IHT 300 3
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 186 3
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 186 2
- Online or Paper 64-8? 382 7
- Notes on related parties 117 4
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 289 2
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 617 6
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 775
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 460
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 277
- DTA tie-breaker issue 268
- CGT for NOn UK residents 228
- Apprenticeship Levy 205
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 199
- Capital Gains personal representatives 185
- Just checking re PSA 181
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 173