Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,489 65
- CURRENT VERSION OF p45 83 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 621 28
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 352 12
- Tax Penalty overeaction 598 11
- calculate mortgage interest 168 1
- Auto enrolment 1,648 27
- AIA 226 5
- Depreciation 206 1
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 164 3
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 239 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 198 3
- client can't/won't pay 489 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 229 6
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 263 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 275 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,197 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 293 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 237 5
- HMRC SA software error? 218 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 799
- Copy Wanted 507
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 466
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 458
- Latest phishing scam 296
- Entrepreneurs' relief 284
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 279
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 259
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 246
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 245