Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Cocaine anyone? 64 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,453 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 792 25
- ACCA - still making me laugh 417 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 235 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 301 11
- Tax return software for remote working 456 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 493 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 411 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 438 9
- How to purchase business premises? 136 2
- Will I need to resign? 801 10
- Childcare vouchers 148 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 267 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 294 6
- VAT avoidance? 215 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 178 3
- PAYE coding out 171 3
- Follower cases 572 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 450 2
- Hive up 467
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 434
- corporate hierarchy 414
- Advice - 241
- Amortisation of Goodwill 212
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 200
- WWOOFers 196
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 176
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 174
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 169