Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,931 36
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 546 8
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 780 20
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 471 11
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 213 2
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 221 5
- Classic cars investment 319 9
- Gift or Capital Gain? 437 13
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 640 9
- HMRC - Sage Backup 217 5
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,150 29
- BrightPay 736 23
- Company strike off and terminal loss relief 118 3
- VAT silly question 2,527 58
- Easy way to de-register as employer? 96 1
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,920 44
- VAT Adjustments 178 5
- Tronc Scheme 114 1
- How much to charge? 412 6
- Sage 2010 data corruption 256 6
- Possible Partnership? 477
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 452
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 441
- New Fangled Penalties 253
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 241
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 241
- Clubs and Taxable Income 231
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 227
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 214
- Loans to other companies 176