Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Sage Import Data 237 5
- private to company car? 348 9
- Gift to employee 299 6
- Which address 958 11
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 76 1
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 248 5
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 940 15
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 84 1
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 240 6
- Best time software for small practice? 166 1
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 449 17
- Vat threshold issues 438 10
- Sale of an investment between group companies 156 7
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,116 41
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 462 9
- Residents Association Corp Tax 296 12
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 381 7
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,056 21
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,976 27
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 315 1
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 468
- CTA study material 449
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 320
- Pre incorp expenses 299
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 257
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 247
- Slight twist on employment related securities 223
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 200
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 143
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 130