Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- UK resident director of a non resident company 63 1
- 2020 Annual Conference 179 4
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,238 27
- VAT admin query 133 1
- Professional Clearance 1,237 30
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,474 14
- At what point is the sales? 70 1
- Past rental expenses 338 6
- Let Property Campaign - Joint Owner Died 137 3
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,484 35
- Accountant let me down 656 6
- Client right to working papers 1,438 10
- Growth Street 189 2
- Client has two UTRS, How do you get HMRC to correct this? 262 9
- Microsoft One Drive 630 23
- SA302's - What's the deal? 512 8
- Online Back Up 295 7
- Filing a company valuation with HMRC 135 1
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage Brokering 147 1
- Vat application refused 237 1
- NHS finance professionals 633
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 401
- Foreign Pension Contribution 369
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 345
- vat gross profit percentage margins 344
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 322
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 301
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 291
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 250
- IFA income recognition & reporting 209