Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 299 5
- Partnership Registration 62 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 879 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 87 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 660 12
- Audit Required 1,176 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 293 9
- Residential Management Companies 76 2
- Value pricing 2,842 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 389 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 383 11
- Payroll software for Mac 115 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 102 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 211 5
- CIS and Close Company 200 6
- LLP members share of profits 635 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 424 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 137 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 102 1
- Registered Office 110 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 941
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 659
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 392
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 330
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 256
- Paye procedures for CVA 246
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 242
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 193
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 188
- Pension Fixed Protection 184