Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Bank request To verify Accounts 20 1
- The stupidity continues 1,105 63
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 711 24
- transactions after account have been closed 280 9
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 59 1
- Marketing and email surprises 408 8
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 297 5
- Mlom bollocks 146 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 60 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 152 1
- AML report needed? 62 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 567 11
- What is IRIS World like? 385 9
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 362 8
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 267 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 259 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 157 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,362 25
- New Employers Helpline 217 4
- Software recommendations 288 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 442
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 440
- WIP Software 302
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 239
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 234
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 213
- Is there anything wrong with this? 209
- Small Part Disposal of Property 195
- Uncommercial property business 185