Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 236 7
- Directors loan accounts 365 9
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 298 7
- Payment for Promotional Samples 247 1
- Transactions between Associated Companies 99 2
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 161 1
- Employed clients and expenses 791 14
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,030 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 691 29
- Taxfiler V's BTC 889 34
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,090 20
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 493 18
- I.d for vat registration 267 10
- Bookkeping software 899 9
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 286 9
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 250 4
- Auto Enrolment set up 343 2
- SA302's anyone?? 2,826 42
- VAT return - Box 7 & 9 Vat cash accounting 123 2
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 154 6
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 538
- NOVA 486
- Bonus Bonds 373
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 353
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 274
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 239
- Friendly Pensions 169
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 156
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 139
- Finance Lease 139