Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,750 25
- Value pricing 216 8
- Audit Required 88 2
- company secretarial software 138 2
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 132 3
- Elective DeductionsModel 60 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 186 1
- Rental Income 298 6
- Payroll 2012/13 100 1
- I have a pain 691 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 77 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 170 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 731 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 120 3
- Cash flow 146 2
- New use of home - simplified method 241 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 266 5
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 392 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,953 32
- Share restructure 335 12
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 730
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 499
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 343
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 341
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 262
- VAT on Gaming Machines 210
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 198
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 183
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 175
- Director Loan account operation 146