Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Suitable software 259
- SAP Refresher Course 203
- SMP advanced funding 191
- Tasbooks 3 185
- HR / Payroll 170
- Armed forces termination payment 167
- Rebate commission & professional fees? 148
- Channel Island Corporate Providers 138
- Expenses 136
- IHT and settlor interested trust 114
- List of international shareholders 111
- First Year Accounts 92
- Business Premises Renovation Allowances 80
- Stock take attendance 75
- Non-resident non-doms CGT and IHT on UK assets 40
- vat overseas 14
- Any catches here for the property purchasor? 5