Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 542 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 279 4
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 301 2
- Client Paperwork Retention? 512 12
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 365 9
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 256 1
- Very large share capital by mistake 209 1
- Reimbursing director travel costs 413 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,977 45
- Love is in the air 322 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,699 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 241 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 402 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 246 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 522 1
- Paying Son 659 18
- HMRC accounting 387 3
- Employers NI allowance 464 6
- Dividend taxation 391 3
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 189 2
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 278
- CGT for NOn UK residents 276
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 269
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 209
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 189