Pensions contributions due by ?
On a reasonably regular basis I am asked by clients to establish the amount of pension contribution they can make in order to maximise the tax benefit, which I have no problem in calculating.The next question is invariably,"When do I need to make that payment into my pension by?"
My answer is that technically the amount can be paid to the scheme administrator by 5th April 2001 if you wish it to be treated as having been made in the year 1999/2000, although if you wish the payment due on / by 31st January 2001 to be reduced you obviously need to make the payment before that date.
Am I correct? Or am I badly sadly wrong? I just cant seem to find this written down anywhere.
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Why should I retain membership? 2,656 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 164 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 319 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 119 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,250 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 382 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,452 18
- Vat 240 4
- CT/CIS offset 111 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 162 4
- Trade name 164 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 127 1
- New business - journal entries 308 20
- B2B vat in the EU 103 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 307 18
- VAT on deposits 202 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 124 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 400 12
- option to tax 202 1
- Share of profits from building society 98 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 776
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 705
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 384
- Social investment tax relief 203
- Digita Hosted Software 197
- Call Centre Data Costs 190
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 156
- Travel costs and contractors 149
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 142
- Certificates of tax deposit 135