Phoenix companies - is this a new record?
A timber frame company went bust recently and I checked out its directors. During the course of the past ten years, they co-ran 16 current or recently dissolved/liquidated companies (most are set up and then quickly dissolved as it happens, and one of them had three further companies too).
Is this a record?
I am aware from evidence at one of the recent creditors meetings that the directors know exactly what they are doing but I am quite curious see how phoenixing on this scale can be justified by any firm accountants.
So, has anyone worked for the firm of accountants who advised on this set up, or one like it? Obviously I can see that you have been doing very well abusing ESC C16 and according to what published accounts are around, I note that you were not keen on accounting for work in progress either, but tell me, how did you ever calculate how many associated companies to put in the corporation tax comp?
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 90 2
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 101 4
- Company purchase of shares 250 16
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 90 2
- VAT QUESTION 125 2
- Holding on to fees paid monthly for work not yet done? 1,076 14
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,205 15
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 211 13
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 281 4
- Why should I retain membership? 2,210 35
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 481 14
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 663 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 158 5
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 92 1
- HMRC Underpayment notices. Are they related to Employers Allowance 163 1
- Starting Self Employment while Employed in Practice 2,622 41
- VAT: option to tax 208 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 203 3
- Payroll software 590 14
- Permanent Place of Work & Travel & Subsistence 181 4
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 682
- Auto enrolment excuses 610
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 362
- Call Centre Data Costs 174
- Social investment tax relief 173
- Digita Hosted Software 169
- option to tax 155
- VAT on deposits 138
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 134
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 130