Phoenix companies - is this a new record?
A timber frame company went bust recently and I checked out its directors. During the course of the past ten years, they co-ran 16 current or recently dissolved/liquidated companies (most are set up and then quickly dissolved as it happens, and one of them had three further companies too).
Is this a record?
I am aware from evidence at one of the recent creditors meetings that the directors know exactly what they are doing but I am quite curious see how phoenixing on this scale can be justified by any firm accountants.
So, has anyone worked for the firm of accountants who advised on this set up, or one like it? Obviously I can see that you have been doing very well abusing ESC C16 and according to what published accounts are around, I note that you were not keen on accounting for work in progress either, but tell me, how did you ever calculate how many associated companies to put in the corporation tax comp?
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 274 8
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 118 5
- Accounting software integration with self assessment 60 1
- Excel query 152 4
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,051 15
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 149 3
- Agent authorisation for RTI filing 22 1
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 308 12
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,333 14
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 568 9
- Payment on account penalties 156 4
- How much did you pay for your website 1,702 29
- any implications of this type of transaction 94 2
- Mem & Arts - Multiple Share Classes & Rights 106 1
- Does IR35 apply? 108 1
- Sage data 115 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 424 9
- Limited company buying a car 367 6
- Funding Circle experience 173 3
- Tax on free shares 162 5
- CTA study material 809
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 500
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 462
- Employment related securities question 327
- AIM Stocks and IHT 313
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 287
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 242
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162