Phoenix companies - is this a new record?
A timber frame company went bust recently and I checked out its directors. During the course of the past ten years, they co-ran 16 current or recently dissolved/liquidated companies (most are set up and then quickly dissolved as it happens, and one of them had three further companies too).
Is this a record?
I am aware from evidence at one of the recent creditors meetings that the directors know exactly what they are doing but I am quite curious see how phoenixing on this scale can be justified by any firm accountants.
So, has anyone worked for the firm of accountants who advised on this set up, or one like it? Obviously I can see that you have been doing very well abusing ESC C16 and according to what published accounts are around, I note that you were not keen on accounting for work in progress either, but tell me, how did you ever calculate how many associated companies to put in the corporation tax comp?
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 47 1
- Invoice Help 201 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 113 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 202 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 192 3
- Sorry ignore me 876 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 542 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,915 35
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,226 12
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 132 12
- Errors in prior year accounts 782 20
- VAT & capitalising 54 1
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 297 5
- Free Shares ? 233 2
- Is this a scam? 549 7
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 293 7
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 271 6
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 148 1
- Peer to Peer lending 863 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 102 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 621
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 529
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 292
- Cancelled 283
- Cancelled 242
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 188
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 187
- Probiz 168
- What's the market like for temps? 163
- Married woman dies owning marital home 161