Phoenix companies - is this a new record?
A timber frame company went bust recently and I checked out its directors. During the course of the past ten years, they co-ran 16 current or recently dissolved/liquidated companies (most are set up and then quickly dissolved as it happens, and one of them had three further companies too).
Is this a record?
I am aware from evidence at one of the recent creditors meetings that the directors know exactly what they are doing but I am quite curious see how phoenixing on this scale can be justified by any firm accountants.
So, has anyone worked for the firm of accountants who advised on this set up, or one like it? Obviously I can see that you have been doing very well abusing ESC C16 and according to what published accounts are around, I note that you were not keen on accounting for work in progress either, but tell me, how did you ever calculate how many associated companies to put in the corporation tax comp?
- Xerocon 2016 982 23
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 181 5
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,175 40
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 199 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 568 12
- Personal Tax 465 11
- USA Tax Query 132 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,652 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 933 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 244 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 590 18
- Corrupt Excel File 671 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 342 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,962 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 288 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 391 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 150 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 283 4
- last minute request 487 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,250 46