Phoenix companies - is this a new record?
A timber frame company went bust recently and I checked out its directors. During the course of the past ten years, they co-ran 16 current or recently dissolved/liquidated companies (most are set up and then quickly dissolved as it happens, and one of them had three further companies too).
Is this a record?
I am aware from evidence at one of the recent creditors meetings that the directors know exactly what they are doing but I am quite curious see how phoenixing on this scale can be justified by any firm accountants.
So, has anyone worked for the firm of accountants who advised on this set up, or one like it? Obviously I can see that you have been doing very well abusing ESC C16 and according to what published accounts are around, I note that you were not keen on accounting for work in progress either, but tell me, how did you ever calculate how many associated companies to put in the corporation tax comp?
- Networking 248 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,189 33
- VAT refund 243 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 240 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 273 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 76 1
- incorrect old p60 493 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 313 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 207 2
- Turnover on a tax return 397 9
- IT Contractor 270 1
- Sage instant account codes 156 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 253 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 321 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,957 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 324 4
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 293 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 284 3
- Missing tax return 413 4
- Inflation and fees 1,428 24