Phoenix companies - is this a new record?
A timber frame company went bust recently and I checked out its directors. During the course of the past ten years, they co-ran 16 current or recently dissolved/liquidated companies (most are set up and then quickly dissolved as it happens, and one of them had three further companies too).
Is this a record?
I am aware from evidence at one of the recent creditors meetings that the directors know exactly what they are doing but I am quite curious see how phoenixing on this scale can be justified by any firm accountants.
So, has anyone worked for the firm of accountants who advised on this set up, or one like it? Obviously I can see that you have been doing very well abusing ESC C16 and according to what published accounts are around, I note that you were not keen on accounting for work in progress either, but tell me, how did you ever calculate how many associated companies to put in the corporation tax comp?
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 819 5
- Swimming Pool Income 276 4
- What is the best way to buy commercial property these days 81 3
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 70 1
- Friday Question 250 5
- Coming off flat rate VAT 272 2
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 446 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,925 44
- New Client works under PAYE but is about to set up own LTD. 225 6
- Support / ticketing software 375 12
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 642 8
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 928 12
- Tax Point as opposed to VAT point 93 1
- Company Number 10000000 1,176 15
- Tax code notices 154 1
- Outside the scope VAT box 6 180 6
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 677 15
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 305 6
- Deduction for Flat Rate Scheme VAT 383 4
- Sale of Limited Co computer 125 1
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 481
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 293
- DTA tie-breaker issue 287
- CGT for NOn UK residents 252
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 228
- Apprenticeship Levy 224
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 220
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 220
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 209
- Just checking re PSA 205