Phoenix companies - is this a new record?
A timber frame company went bust recently and I checked out its directors. During the course of the past ten years, they co-ran 16 current or recently dissolved/liquidated companies (most are set up and then quickly dissolved as it happens, and one of them had three further companies too).
Is this a record?
I am aware from evidence at one of the recent creditors meetings that the directors know exactly what they are doing but I am quite curious see how phoenixing on this scale can be justified by any firm accountants.
So, has anyone worked for the firm of accountants who advised on this set up, or one like it? Obviously I can see that you have been doing very well abusing ESC C16 and according to what published accounts are around, I note that you were not keen on accounting for work in progress either, but tell me, how did you ever calculate how many associated companies to put in the corporation tax comp?
- IT advisory questions? 257 7
- signature required 534 22
- Use of home query 66 1
- Pratice Management Software 157 2
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 231 6
- Error in audited accounts 69 1
- Vat registration exception 198 3
- CIS software 78 2
- Homing sandwiches 469 11
- CT600 126 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 183 7
- Settlement discount 146 4
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 517 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 185 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 175 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 134 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 218 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 139 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 191 2
- Related Party Transactions 130 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,247
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 818
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 524
- Digita Hosted Software 340
- Credit where credit's due....... 315
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 241
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 199
- TheTax Donut 182
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 163
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 163