Phoenix companies - is this a new record?
A timber frame company went bust recently and I checked out its directors. During the course of the past ten years, they co-ran 16 current or recently dissolved/liquidated companies (most are set up and then quickly dissolved as it happens, and one of them had three further companies too).
Is this a record?
I am aware from evidence at one of the recent creditors meetings that the directors know exactly what they are doing but I am quite curious see how phoenixing on this scale can be justified by any firm accountants.
So, has anyone worked for the firm of accountants who advised on this set up, or one like it? Obviously I can see that you have been doing very well abusing ESC C16 and according to what published accounts are around, I note that you were not keen on accounting for work in progress either, but tell me, how did you ever calculate how many associated companies to put in the corporation tax comp?
- Consolidation Software 109 2
- How much does the company pay 420 13
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 377 11
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 988 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,120 32
- Anyone else still working this week? 280 9
- VAT on Business Premises 29 1
- HMRC property income enquiry 244 6
- I have done a terrible thing 532 13
- LLp Profits 125 5
- two business from one premises 117 2
- AIA 236 16
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 329 20
- partnership tax return 144 5
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 170 2
- How to deal with CGT relief on Directors Loan following company sale 95 2
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 299 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 1,172 27
- s455 tax 140 3
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 104 1
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 500
- corporate hierarchy 464
- Advice - 316
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 265
- WWOOFers 255
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 233
- The booking.com con 232
- Cocaine anyone? 216
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 213
- UK State pension paid in NZ 174