Phoenix companies - is this a new record?
A timber frame company went bust recently and I checked out its directors. During the course of the past ten years, they co-ran 16 current or recently dissolved/liquidated companies (most are set up and then quickly dissolved as it happens, and one of them had three further companies too).
Is this a record?
I am aware from evidence at one of the recent creditors meetings that the directors know exactly what they are doing but I am quite curious see how phoenixing on this scale can be justified by any firm accountants.
So, has anyone worked for the firm of accountants who advised on this set up, or one like it? Obviously I can see that you have been doing very well abusing ESC C16 and according to what published accounts are around, I note that you were not keen on accounting for work in progress either, but tell me, how did you ever calculate how many associated companies to put in the corporation tax comp?
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 249 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 317 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,278 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 127 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 412 15
- Companies House incorporation service 316 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 53 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 128 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 187 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 158 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 225 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 131 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 136 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,588 12
- Share Capital 113 2
- Trading income or not? 172 1
- Charge HMRC 395 3
- FRS17 query 229 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,772 44
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,709 29
- Xtuple 545
- Qtac payroll for bureau 373
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 315
- Industrial & Provident Societies 310
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 288
- CIS schemes 220
- Domain name sale and limited company 203
- Investment 183
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 182
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 177