Phoenix companies - is this a new record?
A timber frame company went bust recently and I checked out its directors. During the course of the past ten years, they co-ran 16 current or recently dissolved/liquidated companies (most are set up and then quickly dissolved as it happens, and one of them had three further companies too).
Is this a record?
I am aware from evidence at one of the recent creditors meetings that the directors know exactly what they are doing but I am quite curious see how phoenixing on this scale can be justified by any firm accountants.
So, has anyone worked for the firm of accountants who advised on this set up, or one like it? Obviously I can see that you have been doing very well abusing ESC C16 and according to what published accounts are around, I note that you were not keen on accounting for work in progress either, but tell me, how did you ever calculate how many associated companies to put in the corporation tax comp?
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 355 11
- break even point 720 21
- Easy way to de-register as employer? 151 2
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 546 14
- Companies House iphone app - alternatives? 70 1
- VAT for Small Property Development Company 58 1
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,162 28
- Classic cars investment 378 11
- National Insurance Contributions 148 2
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 208 4
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 263 4
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 885 23
- Asset holding company 275 6
- How much to charge? 487 7
- VAT GUIDE - 22-25 AGENTS OR EQUIVALENT 323 6
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 294 1
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 3,050 36
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 912 8
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 244 5
- Gift or Capital Gain? 458 13
- Possible Partnership? 483
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 454
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 452
- New Fangled Penalties 269
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 246
- Clubs and Taxable Income 239
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 237
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 228
- Loans to other companies 184
- Tasbook email configuration 169