Phoenix companies - is this a new record?
A timber frame company went bust recently and I checked out its directors. During the course of the past ten years, they co-ran 16 current or recently dissolved/liquidated companies (most are set up and then quickly dissolved as it happens, and one of them had three further companies too).
Is this a record?
I am aware from evidence at one of the recent creditors meetings that the directors know exactly what they are doing but I am quite curious see how phoenixing on this scale can be justified by any firm accountants.
So, has anyone worked for the firm of accountants who advised on this set up, or one like it? Obviously I can see that you have been doing very well abusing ESC C16 and according to what published accounts are around, I note that you were not keen on accounting for work in progress either, but tell me, how did you ever calculate how many associated companies to put in the corporation tax comp?
- Where has Portia gone? 1,309 59
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,639 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 501 16
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 270 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 72 4
- VAT on commercial property 83 3
- Rogue Accountant 2,978 49
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 221 4
- deceased creditor 139 5
- Corporate member of LLP 267 1
- Investment company 259 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 324 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 201 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 362 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 93 1
- Transfer of stock 358 12
- Holiday entitlement 545 10
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 341 7
- HMRC manual ESSM 192 1
- Extension of lease in flat management company 250 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 779
- RTI - duplicate employee record 527
- Pensions Regulator 443
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 401
- Sage Vat return box 2 302
- Sanzar 301
- Digital marketing focus group 282
- How do you do it 270
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 235
- Report old income 235