Phoenix companies - is this a new record?
A timber frame company went bust recently and I checked out its directors. During the course of the past ten years, they co-ran 16 current or recently dissolved/liquidated companies (most are set up and then quickly dissolved as it happens, and one of them had three further companies too).
Is this a record?
I am aware from evidence at one of the recent creditors meetings that the directors know exactly what they are doing but I am quite curious see how phoenixing on this scale can be justified by any firm accountants.
So, has anyone worked for the firm of accountants who advised on this set up, or one like it? Obviously I can see that you have been doing very well abusing ESC C16 and according to what published accounts are around, I note that you were not keen on accounting for work in progress either, but tell me, how did you ever calculate how many associated companies to put in the corporation tax comp?
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,197 23
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,216 31
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 170 5
- Not a good start no broadband 439 10
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 108 2
- is this fraud? 692 12
- Married woman dies owning marital home 430 4
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 694 14
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 188 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 57 1
- Intrastat triangulation 53 1
- CGT 144 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 183 4
- Question regarding gym training 367 6
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 154 3
- CIS Deductions 231 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,395 27
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 422 8
- Property initial recognition 163 2
- P11D Dispensation 248 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 582
- Cancelled 341
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 327
- Cancelled 280
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 250
- Probiz 232
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 173
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 172
- Car leasing scheme 165
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 150