Phoenix companies - is this a new record?
A timber frame company went bust recently and I checked out its directors. During the course of the past ten years, they co-ran 16 current or recently dissolved/liquidated companies (most are set up and then quickly dissolved as it happens, and one of them had three further companies too).
Is this a record?
I am aware from evidence at one of the recent creditors meetings that the directors know exactly what they are doing but I am quite curious see how phoenixing on this scale can be justified by any firm accountants.
So, has anyone worked for the firm of accountants who advised on this set up, or one like it? Obviously I can see that you have been doing very well abusing ESC C16 and according to what published accounts are around, I note that you were not keen on accounting for work in progress either, but tell me, how did you ever calculate how many associated companies to put in the corporation tax comp?
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 267 8
- Supplier invoice addressed to a different company, how is this treated for VAT? 108 2
- Moneysoft payroll 214 13
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,399 29
- Computerised Accountancy Software 353 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 444 8
- Warning of enforcement action - without any warnings 54 1
- Will this AIA be disallowed when asset transferred to Ltd Co 41 2
- What is the role of an accountant? 984 19
- Personal allowance for a resident of both Belgium and UK? 118 7
- Need to register for SA? 133 3
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 372 15
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 146 8
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 282 4
- business card address 755 9
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,861 399
- Time limit 211 4
- Course on trust taxation for qualified ACA? 285 5
- Declined for business bank account 1,001 11
- Benefits in Kind 179 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,246
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 447
- National Insurance 346
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 331
- Non Resident 262
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 262
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 256
- Franchise income and costs 226
- Hands on experience of Digita 171
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 166