Phoenix companies - is this a new record?
A timber frame company went bust recently and I checked out its directors. During the course of the past ten years, they co-ran 16 current or recently dissolved/liquidated companies (most are set up and then quickly dissolved as it happens, and one of them had three further companies too).
Is this a record?
I am aware from evidence at one of the recent creditors meetings that the directors know exactly what they are doing but I am quite curious see how phoenixing on this scale can be justified by any firm accountants.
So, has anyone worked for the firm of accountants who advised on this set up, or one like it? Obviously I can see that you have been doing very well abusing ESC C16 and according to what published accounts are around, I note that you were not keen on accounting for work in progress either, but tell me, how did you ever calculate how many associated companies to put in the corporation tax comp?
- Virtually Impossible 112 2
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 240 4
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 1,050 7
- Newly Started Practice 523 12
- SSP days and Holidays 100 2
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 470 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 317 7
- error on companies house accounts 486 14
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,497 113
- Is there a reporting requirement? 120 1
- Clients 364 6
- Home to Office 235 5
- Investment property? 168 3
- Property income 140 2
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 97 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 226 5
- Commission on holiday accrual 163 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 209 4
- VAT reclaim on costs incurred for VAT exempt services 120 1
- IR35 calc - which months' E'ees NICs and PAYE to include? 149 3
- QROP pension input amounts 485
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 457
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 427
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 274
- EPS and CIS deductions 271
- Construction CIS LLP Company 255
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 222
- SAGE winforecast 188
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 182
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174