Phoenix companies - is this a new record?
A timber frame company went bust recently and I checked out its directors. During the course of the past ten years, they co-ran 16 current or recently dissolved/liquidated companies (most are set up and then quickly dissolved as it happens, and one of them had three further companies too).
Is this a record?
I am aware from evidence at one of the recent creditors meetings that the directors know exactly what they are doing but I am quite curious see how phoenixing on this scale can be justified by any firm accountants.
So, has anyone worked for the firm of accountants who advised on this set up, or one like it? Obviously I can see that you have been doing very well abusing ESC C16 and according to what published accounts are around, I note that you were not keen on accounting for work in progress either, but tell me, how did you ever calculate how many associated companies to put in the corporation tax comp?
- Which software for practice books? 442 19
- Several employments - large tax bill remaining 198 4
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 513 2
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 358 13
- share capital calculation 192 14
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 47 1
- Who owns SAGE Data? 324 6
- Dispensation pointless ? 141 3
- Renting property to yourself 436 12
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,933 51
- RTI Student Loan Reconciliation 164 4
- Pension contributions limits 254 11
- pre letting expenses 120 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 200 4
- Ltd Company 136 4
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 161 6
- Is there a time limit on VAT claims on DIY barn conversions? 61 1
- Dividend payments to spouses 277 5
- VAT on part of a closed pub 149 8
- Child benefit - higher earnings threshold £50K 111 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 704
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 471
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 286
- How to format a stock book 250
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 205
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 201
- Tax efficient holding company structure 187
- Investment property company accounts template 183
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 173
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 153