Phoenix companies - is this a new record?
A timber frame company went bust recently and I checked out its directors. During the course of the past ten years, they co-ran 16 current or recently dissolved/liquidated companies (most are set up and then quickly dissolved as it happens, and one of them had three further companies too).
Is this a record?
I am aware from evidence at one of the recent creditors meetings that the directors know exactly what they are doing but I am quite curious see how phoenixing on this scale can be justified by any firm accountants.
So, has anyone worked for the firm of accountants who advised on this set up, or one like it? Obviously I can see that you have been doing very well abusing ESC C16 and according to what published accounts are around, I note that you were not keen on accounting for work in progress either, but tell me, how did you ever calculate how many associated companies to put in the corporation tax comp?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 771 5
- See you all on the other side 774 6
- 12Pay 556 2
- dividends 770 2
- R&D 371 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,235 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 486 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 488 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 448 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 587 5
- Seeking a tax case 702 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 565 4
- Companies house strike off 685 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 505 2
- Moving to the cloud 792 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 233 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 954 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 236 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,133 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 544 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 584
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 434
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 383
- IRIS and FRS 102 370
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 370
- Marginal rates of tax 361
- Capitalising Finance Lease 349
- Class 2 NI 343
- USA help 330
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 315