Please register your response to Working with Agents here
Our discussion about HMRC powers to deal with agents who fall below standards has generated lots of debate. Last week, draft legislation was issued.
We've put together some user friendly summaries in our "Road Map" article, where you'll find links to more detailed articles plus how to send your email responses.
We'd also like to get your views about the proposed legislation here on this Any Answers thread. If we get 100 or more responses, we'll do a prize draw where one of you can win a bottle of champagne. We'll put two bottles up for grabs if we get over 200 responses.
We will draw the winner(s) after the consultation closes on 3 March and will contact you, so that your anonymity is protected should you choose. Once you have responded, tell your colleagues about this.
Please log a response on here when you respond - any "Anons" please could you add an identifying mark or some way to contact you if you want to go into the draw - or maybe it is time to get that user name changed!
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,604 71
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 190 4
- Providing registered office address to clients 141 2
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 132 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 766 31
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 416 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,457 47
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 478 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 144 3
- What would you do in this situation? 236 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 160 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 630 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 660 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 122 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 358 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 258 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 225 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 430 6
- NOVA 560 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 292 10
- Bonus Bonds 396
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 387
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 300
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 263
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 198
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 191
- Company Car Lease 170
- Finance Lease 161
- Form 42 154
- Demerger Reserve 135