Please register your response to Working with Agents here
Our discussion about HMRC powers to deal with agents who fall below standards has generated lots of debate. Last week, draft legislation was issued.
We've put together some user friendly summaries in our "Road Map" article, where you'll find links to more detailed articles plus how to send your email responses.
We'd also like to get your views about the proposed legislation here on this Any Answers thread. If we get 100 or more responses, we'll do a prize draw where one of you can win a bottle of champagne. We'll put two bottles up for grabs if we get over 200 responses.
We will draw the winner(s) after the consultation closes on 3 March and will contact you, so that your anonymity is protected should you choose. Once you have responded, tell your colleagues about this.
Please log a response on here when you respond - any "Anons" please could you add an identifying mark or some way to contact you if you want to go into the draw - or maybe it is time to get that user name changed!
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 186 5
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 103 5
- recompense capital input 53 1
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 947 22
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 156 3
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 554 14
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 123 3
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 370 9
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 222 5
- Merging my businesses 207 3
- Spousal transfer and PPR 565 19
- Where has Portia gone? 2,013 66
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 462 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 344 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 328 1
- Holiday entitlement 583 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 324 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 153 1
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 233 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 210 11
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 791
- RTI - duplicate employee record 558
- Pensions Regulator 450
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 410
- Sanzar 313
- Portia ... Where art thou 313
- Digital marketing focus group 297
- How do you do it 295
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 271
- new investor structure 178