Please register your response to Working with Agents here
Our discussion about HMRC powers to deal with agents who fall below standards has generated lots of debate. Last week, draft legislation was issued.
We've put together some user friendly summaries in our "Road Map" article, where you'll find links to more detailed articles plus how to send your email responses.
We'd also like to get your views about the proposed legislation here on this Any Answers thread. If we get 100 or more responses, we'll do a prize draw where one of you can win a bottle of champagne. We'll put two bottles up for grabs if we get over 200 responses.
We will draw the winner(s) after the consultation closes on 3 March and will contact you, so that your anonymity is protected should you choose. Once you have responded, tell your colleagues about this.
Please log a response on here when you respond - any "Anons" please could you add an identifying mark or some way to contact you if you want to go into the draw - or maybe it is time to get that user name changed!
- Is this a scam? 728 8
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,510 41
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 95 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 313 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 221 5
- New company - form a group? 148 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 166 4
- PITA client 188 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 354 9
- What are options for non CA firm 2,622 56
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,306 33
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 735 15
- Dividend dates 480 8
- R&D tax credit claim 205 5
- CIS Deductions 270 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 104 1
- is this fraud? 782 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 486 5
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,526 28
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 216 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 598
- Cancelled 344
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 330
- Cancelled 281
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 253
- Probiz 239
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 180
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 174
- Car leasing scheme 174
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 151