Potential SOCA issue
A client has had a cash shortfall of 20 to 30k in the last 2 years (mainly cash retail business). It was explained away last year by 'family gave me cash to help through these difficult times'.
The same has occured this year.
I have got the client to sign a statment to that effect.
Does anyone feel a SOCA report is required?
Any comments very much appreciated.
Thank you very much.
- LIVE chat, starting now 409 2
- Late Registration for VAT 397 12
- Follower cases 527 1
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 354 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 129 3
- TheTax Donut 1,100 1
- Can S455 tax repaid 79 2
- PAYE coding out 72 1
- VAT avoidance? 77 1
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 250 6
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 689 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 652 22
- How to explain this to someone 355 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 155 2
- Register for self assessment again as LLP member? 63 2
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 698 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 290 4
- Old CGT loss 347 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 319 2
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 175 6
- Hive up 452
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 417
- corporate hierarchy 406
- Advice - 229
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 202
- Amortisation of Goodwill 195
- WWOOFers 183
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 183
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 167
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 165