Potential SOCA issue
A client has had a cash shortfall of 20 to 30k in the last 2 years (mainly cash retail business). It was explained away last year by 'family gave me cash to help through these difficult times'.
The same has occured this year.
I have got the client to sign a statment to that effect.
Does anyone feel a SOCA report is required?
Any comments very much appreciated.
Thank you very much.
- Virtually Impossible 107 2
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 240 4
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 1,050 7
- Newly Started Practice 521 12
- SSP days and Holidays 99 2
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 469 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 317 7
- error on companies house accounts 485 14
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,497 113
- Is there a reporting requirement? 120 1
- Clients 362 6
- Home to Office 235 5
- Investment property? 168 3
- Property income 140 2
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 97 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 225 5
- Commission on holiday accrual 163 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 209 4
- VAT reclaim on costs incurred for VAT exempt services 119 1
- IR35 calc - which months' E'ees NICs and PAYE to include? 149 3
- QROP pension input amounts 485
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 457
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 427
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 274
- EPS and CIS deductions 271
- Construction CIS LLP Company 255
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 222
- SAGE winforecast 188
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 182
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174