Practice software - HELP!!
We run a small ish accountancy firm. Around 400 accounts client, and 600 personal tax clients.
We use Iris.
I believe that Iris does far too much than we need. We don't use their job tracking or time and fees to great effect. While I know these are obviously good elements I doubt we have a great need for them.
Our renewal is coming up. If we add some more staff then this renewal will be close to £7000!
So I need some reasons to stay.
We have looked at Absolute. While it is a much smaller/more basic package there are some really nice elements. For example Company Secretarial looks good. At the end of the day I need something that will produce accounts, a CT600, SA100's for directors and the odd sole trader and then generate a few reports each month plus the odd letter.
I can afford Iris at £7000 (it's not a case of the current climate therefore cutting costs etc). But then I could also afford a more expensive office, car, computer etc. But choose not to.
Just because Iris is the most expensive does it mean it is the best for my practice?
Any reasons to stay?
Are there any Absolute/Forbes users out there?
Is there anything else?
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 359 11
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 981 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,110 32
- Anyone else still working this week? 274 9
- How much does the company pay 410 12
- VAT on Business Premises 26 1
- HMRC property income enquiry 235 6
- I have done a terrible thing 521 13
- LLp Profits 124 5
- Consolidation Software 105 1
- two business from one premises 116 2
- AIA 234 16
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 329 20
- partnership tax return 143 5
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 166 2
- How to deal with CGT relief on Directors Loan following company sale 93 2
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 298 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 1,168 27
- s455 tax 138 3
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 102 1
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 500
- corporate hierarchy 464
- Advice - 316
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 265
- WWOOFers 255
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 233
- The booking.com con 232
- Cocaine anyone? 216
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 213
- UK State pension paid in NZ 174