Practice software - HELP!!
We run a small ish accountancy firm. Around 400 accounts client, and 600 personal tax clients.
We use Iris.
I believe that Iris does far too much than we need. We don't use their job tracking or time and fees to great effect. While I know these are obviously good elements I doubt we have a great need for them.
Our renewal is coming up. If we add some more staff then this renewal will be close to £7000!
So I need some reasons to stay.
We have looked at Absolute. While it is a much smaller/more basic package there are some really nice elements. For example Company Secretarial looks good. At the end of the day I need something that will produce accounts, a CT600, SA100's for directors and the odd sole trader and then generate a few reports each month plus the odd letter.
I can afford Iris at £7000 (it's not a case of the current climate therefore cutting costs etc). But then I could also afford a more expensive office, car, computer etc. But choose not to.
Just because Iris is the most expensive does it mean it is the best for my practice?
Any reasons to stay?
Are there any Absolute/Forbes users out there?
Is there anything else?
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 281 15
- Value pricing 559 19
- Fee's for P11D's 253 4
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 374 1
- Childcare Vouchers 159 3
- Quarterly PAYE 159 6
- Audit Report Query 176 5
- Coming in from the cold 184 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 68 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,288 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 63 1
- Should design costs be capitalised? 126 3
- Issuing an invoice as an individual (non UK resident) 65 1
- Thats Better 262 6
- reporting salary? 133 2
- apprentices 87 1
- Sage Payroll 253 10
- VAT 145 2
- Belated VAT Exception Application 224 7
- Enforcing A CCJ 255 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 763
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 519
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 389
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 213
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 212
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 195
- Director Loan account operation 194
- vat return 163
- Paye procedures for CVA 150