Practice software - HELP!!
We run a small ish accountancy firm. Around 400 accounts client, and 600 personal tax clients.
We use Iris.
I believe that Iris does far too much than we need. We don't use their job tracking or time and fees to great effect. While I know these are obviously good elements I doubt we have a great need for them.
Our renewal is coming up. If we add some more staff then this renewal will be close to £7000!
So I need some reasons to stay.
We have looked at Absolute. While it is a much smaller/more basic package there are some really nice elements. For example Company Secretarial looks good. At the end of the day I need something that will produce accounts, a CT600, SA100's for directors and the odd sole trader and then generate a few reports each month plus the odd letter.
I can afford Iris at £7000 (it's not a case of the current climate therefore cutting costs etc). But then I could also afford a more expensive office, car, computer etc. But choose not to.
Just because Iris is the most expensive does it mean it is the best for my practice?
Any reasons to stay?
Are there any Absolute/Forbes users out there?
Is there anything else?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 473 5
- See you all on the other side 618 6
- 12Pay 339 2
- dividends 461 2
- R&D 266 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,128 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 408 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 331 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 291 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 507 5
- Seeking a tax case 574 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 432 4
- Companies house strike off 416 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 330 2
- Moving to the cloud 702 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 201 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 854 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 189 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,067 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 449 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 543
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 411
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 361
- IRIS and FRS 102 342
- Capitalising Finance Lease 307
- USA help 305
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 278
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 270
- Capital gains on rental property 247
- Sage Coretime 228