Practice software - HELP!!
We run a small ish accountancy firm. Around 400 accounts client, and 600 personal tax clients.
We use Iris.
I believe that Iris does far too much than we need. We don't use their job tracking or time and fees to great effect. While I know these are obviously good elements I doubt we have a great need for them.
Our renewal is coming up. If we add some more staff then this renewal will be close to £7000!
So I need some reasons to stay.
We have looked at Absolute. While it is a much smaller/more basic package there are some really nice elements. For example Company Secretarial looks good. At the end of the day I need something that will produce accounts, a CT600, SA100's for directors and the odd sole trader and then generate a few reports each month plus the odd letter.
I can afford Iris at £7000 (it's not a case of the current climate therefore cutting costs etc). But then I could also afford a more expensive office, car, computer etc. But choose not to.
Just because Iris is the most expensive does it mean it is the best for my practice?
Any reasons to stay?
Are there any Absolute/Forbes users out there?
Is there anything else?
- Xerocon 2016 1,193 33
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 133 2
- New Build 167 1
- Mortgage Reference 496 6
- Rounding errors on CT600 171 5
- Insovent companies 858 18
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,292 48
- BrightPay quirks 169 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 791 20
- Website Content 106 1
- Personal Tax 617 12
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 120 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 156 1
- USA Tax Query 285 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 429 5
- last minute request 640 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 339 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 373 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,727 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 985 6