Practice software - HELP!!
We run a small ish accountancy firm. Around 400 accounts client, and 600 personal tax clients.
We use Iris.
I believe that Iris does far too much than we need. We don't use their job tracking or time and fees to great effect. While I know these are obviously good elements I doubt we have a great need for them.
Our renewal is coming up. If we add some more staff then this renewal will be close to £7000!
So I need some reasons to stay.
We have looked at Absolute. While it is a much smaller/more basic package there are some really nice elements. For example Company Secretarial looks good. At the end of the day I need something that will produce accounts, a CT600, SA100's for directors and the odd sole trader and then generate a few reports each month plus the odd letter.
I can afford Iris at £7000 (it's not a case of the current climate therefore cutting costs etc). But then I could also afford a more expensive office, car, computer etc. But choose not to.
Just because Iris is the most expensive does it mean it is the best for my practice?
Any reasons to stay?
Are there any Absolute/Forbes users out there?
Is there anything else?
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 97 7
- Year end 329 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 180 3
- Comments on this scenario 47 1
- Related Parties Note 405 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 55 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 113 4
- Have i messed up? 581 9
- loss on carbon credits 92 2
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 548 9
- SAGE con 171 3
- Dazed & confused 148 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 230 2
- Overpayment relief claim 117 4
- How to prepare and Finalize Vat company accounts 224 9
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,532 63
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 508 28
- Charity reserves 116 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,517 16
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,255 19
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,002
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 543
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 359
- Tax efficient holding company structure 286
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 271
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 209
- Charge out rates in London? 206
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 180
- Personal consumption by landlord 178
- Interest on Loan to a Company 170