Practice software - HELP!!
We run a small ish accountancy firm. Around 400 accounts client, and 600 personal tax clients.
We use Iris.
I believe that Iris does far too much than we need. We don't use their job tracking or time and fees to great effect. While I know these are obviously good elements I doubt we have a great need for them.
Our renewal is coming up. If we add some more staff then this renewal will be close to £7000!
So I need some reasons to stay.
We have looked at Absolute. While it is a much smaller/more basic package there are some really nice elements. For example Company Secretarial looks good. At the end of the day I need something that will produce accounts, a CT600, SA100's for directors and the odd sole trader and then generate a few reports each month plus the odd letter.
I can afford Iris at £7000 (it's not a case of the current climate therefore cutting costs etc). But then I could also afford a more expensive office, car, computer etc. But choose not to.
Just because Iris is the most expensive does it mean it is the best for my practice?
Any reasons to stay?
Are there any Absolute/Forbes users out there?
Is there anything else?
- Client Paperwork Retention? 516 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 545 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 283 4
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 307 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 365 9
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 264 1
- Very large share capital by mistake 217 1
- Reimbursing director travel costs 413 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,977 45
- Love is in the air 333 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,701 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 241 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 406 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 248 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 522 1
- Paying Son 662 18
- HMRC accounting 394 3
- Employers NI allowance 464 6
- Dividend taxation 395 3
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 189 2
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 278
- CGT for NOn UK residents 276
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 269
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 209
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 189