Practice software - HELP!!
We run a small ish accountancy firm. Around 400 accounts client, and 600 personal tax clients.
We use Iris.
I believe that Iris does far too much than we need. We don't use their job tracking or time and fees to great effect. While I know these are obviously good elements I doubt we have a great need for them.
Our renewal is coming up. If we add some more staff then this renewal will be close to £7000!
So I need some reasons to stay.
We have looked at Absolute. While it is a much smaller/more basic package there are some really nice elements. For example Company Secretarial looks good. At the end of the day I need something that will produce accounts, a CT600, SA100's for directors and the odd sole trader and then generate a few reports each month plus the odd letter.
I can afford Iris at £7000 (it's not a case of the current climate therefore cutting costs etc). But then I could also afford a more expensive office, car, computer etc. But choose not to.
Just because Iris is the most expensive does it mean it is the best for my practice?
Any reasons to stay?
Are there any Absolute/Forbes users out there?
Is there anything else?
- SMP reclaimable by employer 142 3
- Yorkshire Day 40 2
- calculation DTR restriction 114 2
- R&D tax credit claim 558 8
- Agent help line - long queues? 55 2
- Employee and subcontractor 128 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,750 40
- Is it possible to run/own a UK based business, as a resident of Italy? 146 2
- What are options for non CA firm 3,079 66
- Incorporated when they should not have 346 10
- Accounts Software 264 10
- Company Director In Prison 515 12
- Flat rate VAT 176 3
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,427 23
- Deduction from Salary 870 23
- National insurance contributions 131 1
- AWeb - download file 229 4
- Director Drawings 277 6
- Accountancy Career 381 5
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 164 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 687
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 536
- Cancelled 431
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 363
- Probiz 339
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 331
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 245
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 219
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 206