Practice software - HELP!!
We run a small ish accountancy firm. Around 400 accounts client, and 600 personal tax clients.
We use Iris.
I believe that Iris does far too much than we need. We don't use their job tracking or time and fees to great effect. While I know these are obviously good elements I doubt we have a great need for them.
Our renewal is coming up. If we add some more staff then this renewal will be close to £7000!
So I need some reasons to stay.
We have looked at Absolute. While it is a much smaller/more basic package there are some really nice elements. For example Company Secretarial looks good. At the end of the day I need something that will produce accounts, a CT600, SA100's for directors and the odd sole trader and then generate a few reports each month plus the odd letter.
I can afford Iris at £7000 (it's not a case of the current climate therefore cutting costs etc). But then I could also afford a more expensive office, car, computer etc. But choose not to.
Just because Iris is the most expensive does it mean it is the best for my practice?
Any reasons to stay?
Are there any Absolute/Forbes users out there?
Is there anything else?
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 234 5
- converting garage to use as office 41 1
- Private use of vans 112 1
- My friend may have unknowingly participated in a tax avoidance scheme... 574 6
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,084 92
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 198 2
- Directors pension 223 3
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 603 24
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 286 5
- Bookkeeping for voluntary organisations 98 1
- accounts software for a hotel 160 4
- Final CT Return - liquidating company 86 1
- charities 166 2
- Seeking advice: Penalty for 3-year Non-notified Self-Employed? 267 3
- Worst corporate entertaining events? 1,498 12
- Company investment 309 8
- Business only use of company car 1,300 31
- New CASC rules 253 3
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,055 10
- valuation of vehicles 793 21
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 367
- Any thoughts on Capium? 318
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 288
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 263
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 251
- auto enrolment 231
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 222
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 176
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 158
- French ConnectionUK 157