Practice software - HELP!!
We run a small ish accountancy firm. Around 400 accounts client, and 600 personal tax clients.
We use Iris.
I believe that Iris does far too much than we need. We don't use their job tracking or time and fees to great effect. While I know these are obviously good elements I doubt we have a great need for them.
Our renewal is coming up. If we add some more staff then this renewal will be close to £7000!
So I need some reasons to stay.
We have looked at Absolute. While it is a much smaller/more basic package there are some really nice elements. For example Company Secretarial looks good. At the end of the day I need something that will produce accounts, a CT600, SA100's for directors and the odd sole trader and then generate a few reports each month plus the odd letter.
I can afford Iris at £7000 (it's not a case of the current climate therefore cutting costs etc). But then I could also afford a more expensive office, car, computer etc. But choose not to.
Just because Iris is the most expensive does it mean it is the best for my practice?
Any reasons to stay?
Are there any Absolute/Forbes users out there?
Is there anything else?
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,180 47
- What happens to the director's loan if the company was to go into liquidation? 42 1
- Telephone call from "Xero" 428 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 121 3
- dividend 168 10
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 128 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 255 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 179 3
- Irish Taxation 144 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 315 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 516 6
- Drector renting room to company 101 1
- Off site storage 159 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 601 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 253 7
- Industrial & Provident Societies 350 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 241 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 334 4
- Self assesment losses 324 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 177 3
- Xtuple 567
- Qtac payroll for bureau 388
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 343
- Domain name sale and limited company 233
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 212
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 210
- Investment 207
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 183
- Tax on damages received 182
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 152