Practice software - HELP!!
We run a small ish accountancy firm. Around 400 accounts client, and 600 personal tax clients.
We use Iris.
I believe that Iris does far too much than we need. We don't use their job tracking or time and fees to great effect. While I know these are obviously good elements I doubt we have a great need for them.
Our renewal is coming up. If we add some more staff then this renewal will be close to £7000!
So I need some reasons to stay.
We have looked at Absolute. While it is a much smaller/more basic package there are some really nice elements. For example Company Secretarial looks good. At the end of the day I need something that will produce accounts, a CT600, SA100's for directors and the odd sole trader and then generate a few reports each month plus the odd letter.
I can afford Iris at £7000 (it's not a case of the current climate therefore cutting costs etc). But then I could also afford a more expensive office, car, computer etc. But choose not to.
Just because Iris is the most expensive does it mean it is the best for my practice?
Any reasons to stay?
Are there any Absolute/Forbes users out there?
Is there anything else?
- Issue with a software supplier 119 4
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 105 4
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 167 6
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 241 5
- Limited Company trading status. 205 6
- VAT flat rate scheme 49 1
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,551 29
- Alphabet shares dividend paperwork 114 2
- Aquisition Value 98 3
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 365 8
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 420 12
- Dividends 258 3
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 789 13
- Collecting cash on behalf of another business 152 4
- Unpaid Fee's 220 5
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 1,281 11
- A very basic T9 or T0 Question... 188 4
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 286 1
- How much to charge? 639 9
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 265 3
- Possible Partnership? 503
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 484
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 460
- New Fangled Penalties 296
- Clubs and Taxable Income 255
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 253
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 243
- Loans to other companies 189
- Tasbook email configuration 178
- Accomodation and travel 172