Practice software - HELP!!
We run a small ish accountancy firm. Around 400 accounts client, and 600 personal tax clients.
We use Iris.
I believe that Iris does far too much than we need. We don't use their job tracking or time and fees to great effect. While I know these are obviously good elements I doubt we have a great need for them.
Our renewal is coming up. If we add some more staff then this renewal will be close to £7000!
So I need some reasons to stay.
We have looked at Absolute. While it is a much smaller/more basic package there are some really nice elements. For example Company Secretarial looks good. At the end of the day I need something that will produce accounts, a CT600, SA100's for directors and the odd sole trader and then generate a few reports each month plus the odd letter.
I can afford Iris at £7000 (it's not a case of the current climate therefore cutting costs etc). But then I could also afford a more expensive office, car, computer etc. But choose not to.
Just because Iris is the most expensive does it mean it is the best for my practice?
Any reasons to stay?
Are there any Absolute/Forbes users out there?
Is there anything else?
- Start-up cost recognition 64 1
- SA316s 30 1
- Lunches 91 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 345 8
- VAT on non-denominated postage 106 3
- Generic notification message 244 6
- Property Expenses 199 7
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 685 21
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 797 39
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 71 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 485 13
- Swiching tax 487 14
- Accrued salary unpaid 239 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,169 18
- Basis periods 78 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 93 2
- CGT on spouse's death 297 11
- Starting Again 305 11
- CT101 Completion 137 1
- Non resident pension withdrawal 154 2
- Construction CIS LLP Company 597
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 584
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 384
- Pensions Regulator 349
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 287
- Using the correct forms 263
- SA penalty proposals 254
- RTI - duplicate employee record 246
- Accelerated payment notices 230
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 222