Practice software - HELP!!
We run a small ish accountancy firm. Around 400 accounts client, and 600 personal tax clients.
We use Iris.
I believe that Iris does far too much than we need. We don't use their job tracking or time and fees to great effect. While I know these are obviously good elements I doubt we have a great need for them.
Our renewal is coming up. If we add some more staff then this renewal will be close to £7000!
So I need some reasons to stay.
We have looked at Absolute. While it is a much smaller/more basic package there are some really nice elements. For example Company Secretarial looks good. At the end of the day I need something that will produce accounts, a CT600, SA100's for directors and the odd sole trader and then generate a few reports each month plus the odd letter.
I can afford Iris at £7000 (it's not a case of the current climate therefore cutting costs etc). But then I could also afford a more expensive office, car, computer etc. But choose not to.
Just because Iris is the most expensive does it mean it is the best for my practice?
Any reasons to stay?
Are there any Absolute/Forbes users out there?
Is there anything else?
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,715 439
- 100% Xero practice 2,428 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 167 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 85 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 108 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 277 9
- PRR 345 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 375 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 298 7
- capital gains on PPR 165 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,248 62
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 339 6
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 422 20
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 356 5
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 293 8
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 235 3
- corp tax software 392 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 463 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 488 7
- Which tax box 213 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,310
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 472
- National Insurance 368
- Non Resident 294
- Franchise income and costs 259
- Hands on experience of Digita 213
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 183
- Employer's Helpline 161
- employment capital allowances 157
- CIS paid under reg 9 151