Practice software - HELP!!
We run a small ish accountancy firm. Around 400 accounts client, and 600 personal tax clients.
We use Iris.
I believe that Iris does far too much than we need. We don't use their job tracking or time and fees to great effect. While I know these are obviously good elements I doubt we have a great need for them.
Our renewal is coming up. If we add some more staff then this renewal will be close to £7000!
So I need some reasons to stay.
We have looked at Absolute. While it is a much smaller/more basic package there are some really nice elements. For example Company Secretarial looks good. At the end of the day I need something that will produce accounts, a CT600, SA100's for directors and the odd sole trader and then generate a few reports each month plus the odd letter.
I can afford Iris at £7000 (it's not a case of the current climate therefore cutting costs etc). But then I could also afford a more expensive office, car, computer etc. But choose not to.
Just because Iris is the most expensive does it mean it is the best for my practice?
Any reasons to stay?
Are there any Absolute/Forbes users out there?
Is there anything else?
- Self employed travel expenses 105 2
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 13 1
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 360 4
- which software 353 3
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 346 18
- Audit exempt subsidiary 44 1
- Accounting treatment of service charges incurred prior to occupation 134 1
- Best apps for clients 252 4
- Tax position re this lease? 86 1
- VAT on Training Courses 111 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 566 8
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,776 16
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 264 2
- Corporation tax - group relief on 75% subsidiary 122 2
- Unpaid company directors and self employment 213 2
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 428 2
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 183 2
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 457 13
- Real names 1,031 32
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 302 7
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 575
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 446
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 350
- IFA incorporation 333
- Sorry ignore me 307
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 268
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 260
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 251
- Cancelled 195
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 163