Practice software - HELP!!
We run a small ish accountancy firm. Around 400 accounts client, and 600 personal tax clients.
We use Iris.
I believe that Iris does far too much than we need. We don't use their job tracking or time and fees to great effect. While I know these are obviously good elements I doubt we have a great need for them.
Our renewal is coming up. If we add some more staff then this renewal will be close to £7000!
So I need some reasons to stay.
We have looked at Absolute. While it is a much smaller/more basic package there are some really nice elements. For example Company Secretarial looks good. At the end of the day I need something that will produce accounts, a CT600, SA100's for directors and the odd sole trader and then generate a few reports each month plus the odd letter.
I can afford Iris at £7000 (it's not a case of the current climate therefore cutting costs etc). But then I could also afford a more expensive office, car, computer etc. But choose not to.
Just because Iris is the most expensive does it mean it is the best for my practice?
Any reasons to stay?
Are there any Absolute/Forbes users out there?
Is there anything else?
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 147 4
- What would you do in this situation? 476 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 122 3
- Help Required 266 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 217 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 386 14
- What's in a name ? 219 4
- ATED Penalties 257 1
- late second payment on account 149 2
- US royalties 74 2
- Project being run jointly 120 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 174 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 160 3
- Sole trader mix up 285 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 733 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 887 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 208 4
- Filing company accounts 134 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 503 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 158 5
- CTA study material 697
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 422
- Employment related securities question 264
- AIM Stocks and IHT 244
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 197
- Trust for Employee 183
- Expat pension contributions? 181
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 153
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 152
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 116