Practice software - HELP!!
We run a small ish accountancy firm. Around 400 accounts client, and 600 personal tax clients.
We use Iris.
I believe that Iris does far too much than we need. We don't use their job tracking or time and fees to great effect. While I know these are obviously good elements I doubt we have a great need for them.
Our renewal is coming up. If we add some more staff then this renewal will be close to £7000!
So I need some reasons to stay.
We have looked at Absolute. While it is a much smaller/more basic package there are some really nice elements. For example Company Secretarial looks good. At the end of the day I need something that will produce accounts, a CT600, SA100's for directors and the odd sole trader and then generate a few reports each month plus the odd letter.
I can afford Iris at £7000 (it's not a case of the current climate therefore cutting costs etc). But then I could also afford a more expensive office, car, computer etc. But choose not to.
Just because Iris is the most expensive does it mean it is the best for my practice?
Any reasons to stay?
Are there any Absolute/Forbes users out there?
Is there anything else?
- VAT refund 55 1
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 177 3
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 147 1
- incorrect old p60 348 8
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 230 3
- Missing tax return 349 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,081 30
- Inflation and fees 1,386 24
- Sage Priority Support 176 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 201 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 830 24
- Micro-entity accounts 232 1
- Related party disclosure 210 3
- Company reconstruction 140 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 236 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 154 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 175 1
- Advice please! 421 2
- VAT on new builds 189 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 151 1