Practice software - HELP!!
We run a small ish accountancy firm. Around 400 accounts client, and 600 personal tax clients.
We use Iris.
I believe that Iris does far too much than we need. We don't use their job tracking or time and fees to great effect. While I know these are obviously good elements I doubt we have a great need for them.
Our renewal is coming up. If we add some more staff then this renewal will be close to £7000!
So I need some reasons to stay.
We have looked at Absolute. While it is a much smaller/more basic package there are some really nice elements. For example Company Secretarial looks good. At the end of the day I need something that will produce accounts, a CT600, SA100's for directors and the odd sole trader and then generate a few reports each month plus the odd letter.
I can afford Iris at £7000 (it's not a case of the current climate therefore cutting costs etc). But then I could also afford a more expensive office, car, computer etc. But choose not to.
Just because Iris is the most expensive does it mean it is the best for my practice?
Any reasons to stay?
Are there any Absolute/Forbes users out there?
Is there anything else?
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 292 8
- Transfer of stock 56 3
- Virtually Impossible 241 6
- Personal allowance for non-resident 59 2
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,533 114
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 136 2
- Brightpay 73 1
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 171 5
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 43 1
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 1,074 8
- Newly Started Practice 572 12
- SSP days and Holidays 131 2
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 518 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 342 7
- error on companies house accounts 515 14
- Is there a reporting requirement? 139 1
- Clients 402 6
- Home to Office 268 5
- Investment property? 181 3
- Property income 150 2
- QROP pension input amounts 485
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 460
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 428
- EPS and CIS deductions 275
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 274
- Construction CIS LLP Company 261
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 222
- SAGE winforecast 189
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 183
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174