Preparing co accounts myself
I am a director of a company that I run with my husband. I'm a Chartered Accountant, but have always prepared P&L and Balance Sheet for the company and then sent the figures to the firm I trained with to be entered onto their accounts system and software and submitted to Companies House and HMRC. However, they charge £950 for this, and apart from calculating and providing for deferred tax, they don't change my figures at all.
I am now considering buying a copy of VT Accounts (or something similar) and doing it all myself. The only thing that I'm worried about is that it might spark some interest from HMRC. The firm in question has an exemplary record as far as tax investigations go, and so I would guess that HMRC see accounts/tax returns submitted by them as low risk. I'm not worried that we've done anything wrong, but I don't want to save a few hundred pounds now, only to be faced with the stress and cost of a tax investigation in the future.
Can anyone advise me whether this would set any alarm bells ringing with HMRC?
- Bankstream 1,031 24
- MVL 26 1
- FACTA form help with CRS definitions for SSAS 161 2
- SDLT 218 7
- Xerocon 2016 577 11
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 355 8
- charity selling (donated) recycled materials & for scrap- VAT? 94 1
- Disengagement Help! 494 14
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR)? 228 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,557 33
- Earings from Gardening after retirement 49 1
- Software that posts COGS? 610 14
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 270 6
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 535 20
- Maternity and claining expenses 153 4
- sale/transfer of shares in a private limited company to a related holding company 127 4
- Employment allowance changes 339 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 764 34
- Here we go.... 1,023 26
- An IT question 206 5