previous accountants requiring £200 to pass paperwork over!
We have a new client (one director.shareholder company) that used one of the 'specialist' contractor accountancy businesses previously.
Built into the terms is the requirement that if the director terminates the agreement for services, there is a payment of £200 required to pass over information retained on their system (they did the bookkeeping, PAYE, VAT and invoicing customers).
It also says that providing the information can take up to sixty days!
What can be done, if anything?
Who actually owns the records?
The company website says that it is owned by qualified accountants and lawyers, but no way of telling who is a member of what.
Any suggestions please ... apart from paying the £200 or doing without the information?
I presume we are not allowed to have a similar clause requiring payment to pass on information we store electronically (we are ICAEW regulated)?
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 867 41
- Tier One Tribunal 16 2
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 237 5
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 28 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 785 25
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 116 2
- Another transfer of property 105 2
- VAT on non-denominated postage 200 7
- Taxi Plate & Car 76 1
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 562 11
- LEL and PAYE registration 79 1
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 148 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 171 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 553 14
- SA316s 215 3
- Swiching tax 542 15
- Proposal to strike off...... 530 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 387 11
- Start-up cost recognition 124 1
- Lunches 302 3
- Construction CIS LLP Company 611
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 592
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 388
- Pensions Regulator 355
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 292
- Using the correct forms 267
- RTI - duplicate employee record 262
- SA penalty proposals 257
- Accelerated payment notices 237
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 233