The price of a VAT concession
Can any users out there confirm whether this is hearsay or fact? I've heard that hassling HMRC means they are more likely to hassle you, eg ask for a VAT concession and get a VAT inspection.
The above is being used as a reason to perpetuate or implement inefficient and expensive processes that could be subject to concessions. Here are two current examples where a VAT concession would be helpful.
1. Personal calls on corporate mobiles. Policy is that employees must reimburse monthly in strict application of VAT law, meaning some people pay less than £1. A concession to allow amounts to accumulate to say £10 before making a reimbursement seems reasonable to save time of staff making the payment and staff processing the payment, not to mention bank charges for processing many small value cheques.
2. Additional charge for payment by credit card. Our various systems do not necessarily identify the VAT rate of the principal supply, and to put this in place would be a costly IT project and the solution may still require some manual intervention. A concession to hand over VAT on a proportion of the charges (based on auditable sample data) would avoid a costly and probably imperfect solution.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 153 7
- Incorporation Relief 266 6
- Penalty suspension 111 2
- Not a good start no broadband 33 2
- is this fraud? 256 7
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 314 7
- R&D tax credit claim 105 2
- Directors Subsistence 278 2
- Corporate shareholder question 225 4
- Bartercard 302 4
- What's the market like for temps? 234 1
- is my company accounts right? 953 24
- What can my client claim r & d on? 156 4
- P11D Dispensation 148 2
- Extracting funds from a failing Company 387 7
- Invoice Help 419 11
- CGT 92 2
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 315 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,085 28
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 420 9
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 558
- Cancelled 322
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 320
- Cancelled 271
- Married woman dies owning marital home 236
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 231
- Probiz 219
- CIS Deductions 172
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 167
- Car leasing scheme 149