The price of a VAT concession
Can any users out there confirm whether this is hearsay or fact? I've heard that hassling HMRC means they are more likely to hassle you, eg ask for a VAT concession and get a VAT inspection.
The above is being used as a reason to perpetuate or implement inefficient and expensive processes that could be subject to concessions. Here are two current examples where a VAT concession would be helpful.
1. Personal calls on corporate mobiles. Policy is that employees must reimburse monthly in strict application of VAT law, meaning some people pay less than £1. A concession to allow amounts to accumulate to say £10 before making a reimbursement seems reasonable to save time of staff making the payment and staff processing the payment, not to mention bank charges for processing many small value cheques.
2. Additional charge for payment by credit card. Our various systems do not necessarily identify the VAT rate of the principal supply, and to put this in place would be a costly IT project and the solution may still require some manual intervention. A concession to hand over VAT on a proportion of the charges (based on auditable sample data) would avoid a costly and probably imperfect solution.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 100 2
- Gift Aid declaration via SMS 99 1
- Flat rate category 202 2
- At what point is the sales? 118 2
- Accountant let me down 708 8
- UK resident director of a non resident company 122 1
- 2020 Annual Conference 192 4
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,248 27
- VAT admin query 148 1
- Professional Clearance 1,250 30
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,499 14
- Past rental expenses 343 6
- Let Property Campaign - Joint Owner Died 152 3
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,489 35
- Client right to working papers 1,448 10
- Growth Street 206 2
- Client has two UTRS, How do you get HMRC to correct this? 281 9
- Microsoft One Drive 638 23
- SA302's - What's the deal? 521 8
- Online Back Up 304 7
- NHS finance professionals 635
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 401
- Foreign Pension Contribution 369
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 346
- vat gross profit percentage margins 344
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 322
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 302
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 291
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 251
- IFA income recognition & reporting 209