The price of a VAT concession
Can any users out there confirm whether this is hearsay or fact? I've heard that hassling HMRC means they are more likely to hassle you, eg ask for a VAT concession and get a VAT inspection.
The above is being used as a reason to perpetuate or implement inefficient and expensive processes that could be subject to concessions. Here are two current examples where a VAT concession would be helpful.
1. Personal calls on corporate mobiles. Policy is that employees must reimburse monthly in strict application of VAT law, meaning some people pay less than £1. A concession to allow amounts to accumulate to say £10 before making a reimbursement seems reasonable to save time of staff making the payment and staff processing the payment, not to mention bank charges for processing many small value cheques.
2. Additional charge for payment by credit card. Our various systems do not necessarily identify the VAT rate of the principal supply, and to put this in place would be a costly IT project and the solution may still require some manual intervention. A concession to hand over VAT on a proportion of the charges (based on auditable sample data) would avoid a costly and probably imperfect solution.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 21 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 99 4
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 61 1
- Have i messed up? 554 9
- loss on carbon credits 77 2
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 153 2
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 525 9
- SAGE con 158 3
- Dazed & confused 116 2
- Related Parties Note 385 8
- Goodwill ammortisation 224 2
- Overpayment relief claim 109 4
- How to prepare and Finalize Vat company accounts 217 9
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,524 63
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 505 28
- Charity reserves 109 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,491 16
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,251 19
- do I have to pay NI? 269 4
- rates of pay query 152 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,000
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 541
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 359
- Tax efficient holding company structure 286
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 271
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 209
- Charge out rates in London? 203
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 180
- Personal consumption by landlord 177
- Interest on Loan to a Company 170