Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- Company Limited by Guarantee 36 1
- My friend may have unknowingly participated in a tax avoidance scheme... 829 7
- Chargeable Gains - CT600 38 1
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 355 9
- VAT underpayment 126 5
- notarising & legalising documents 50 1
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 194 3
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 225 4
- National Living Wage: creating jobs or unemployment? 156 3
- Company Van 311 8
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 960 19
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 390 10
- Connected person and properties 185 4
- Business only use of company car 1,616 35
- cash basis 143 1
- Restoring a Ltd company which had been struck off 332 8
- question 304 2
- Do your DIY clients ever get their books right ? 736 13
- Overlap profits 425 14
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 837 11
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 390
- Any thoughts on Capium? 358
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 279
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 254
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 242
- French ConnectionUK 192
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 183
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 177
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 175
- APN's 163