Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,179 53
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,002 19
- Related Parties Note 100 3
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 765 22
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 192 7
- what time is it ? 306 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 89 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 431 24
- VAT on disbursement 168 2
- tax credits 208 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,043 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 85 1
- LLP - Member leaving 193 6
- Year end 262 3
- Foreign income for self employed 173 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 307 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 327 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,150 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 254 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 629 21
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 909
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 528
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 336
- How to format a stock book 321
- Tax efficient holding company structure 258
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 248
- Investment property company accounts template 232
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 197
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 184
- Charge out rates in London? 158