Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 195 4
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 119 2
- Industry Reports 33 1
- Change if career direction from industry to practice 58 1
- recompense capital input 222 12
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 749 15
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,160 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 710 31
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 283 8
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 108 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 240 2
- CT losses carry back 129 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 551 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 205 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 818 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 423 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,337 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 168 1
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 244 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 1,009 22
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 802
- RTI - duplicate employee record 567
- Pensions Regulator 458
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 416
- Portia ... Where art thou 344
- Sanzar 318
- How do you do it 308
- Digital marketing focus group 301
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 275
- new investor structure 186