Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- VAT Invoice 243 7
- VAT on sale of an Asset 100 1
- Cash in Hand 196 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 201 5
- are receipts needed? 642 17
- SA302's anyone?? 629 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 339 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 159 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 359 12
- Busines software 194 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 219 6
- Converting a barn for business use 192 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 324 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 331 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 498 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 347 3
- Bookkeping software 742 7
- Clogged Losses 293 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 288 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 673 10
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 911
- International interest certificate 524
- NOVA 375
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 337
- Management expenses for investment company 279
- Bonus Bonds 276
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 187
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 172
- EXACT ONLINE 172
- P11D benefit received by widow 168