Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- Company struck-off 1,315 14
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 136 2
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 408 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 139 3
- Registered Office 163 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,493 23
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 319 5
- Partnership Registration 124 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 914 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 129 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 695 12
- Audit Required 1,190 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 318 9
- Residential Management Companies 101 2
- Value pricing 2,864 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 403 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 400 11
- Payroll software for Mac 128 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 128 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 221 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 948
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 662
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 409
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 335
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 264
- Paye procedures for CVA 253
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 251
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 203
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 195
- Pension Fixed Protection 190