Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- inflation rate year on year 168 4
- Accounts Question 117 5
- Deleted question? 742 19
- What are options for non CA firm 3,183 67
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,950 69
- MAAT vs ACCA 711 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,402 24
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,930 46
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 659 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 450 4
- VAT Return Errors 189 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 134 5
- Yorkshire Day 611 38
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 194 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 188 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 383 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 152 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 298 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 239 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 155 1
- Cancelled 471
- Cancelled 388
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 378
- Probiz 358
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 263
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 237
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 232
- More spam 184
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 162
- Employee Benefit Trust 153