Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- Freehold Property Depreciation 94 2
- Professional Qualification 314 3
- Jointly owned property 91 2
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 383 6
- VAT margin scheme 169 12
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 712 34
- English Company Owning Property in Scotland 187 1
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 286 5
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 351 6
- Risk Indicators Survey 134 1
- Deceased's Tax Return to date of death 90 1
- Unpaid Fee's 625 10
- cold file reviewer needed 335 3
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 933 17
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 322 1
- Late Filing SA due to property income, individual was also a non dom for 15 years 198 11
- Auto-enrolment drivel 802 13
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 247 3
- Company Dividends Received 177 2
- Is Corp tax payable on legacy received by bowls Club? 159 1
- Possible Partnership? 531
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 525
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 472
- New Fangled Penalties 329
- Clubs and Taxable Income 272
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 263
- Loans to other companies 207
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 189
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 164
- Outsource Data Entry 158