Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,404 423
- PRR 29 1
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 23 1
- Pension Contributions Relief 408 13
- References for clients 114 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 181 5
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 996 49
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 99 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 35 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 298 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 73 5
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 277 1
- corp tax software 291 5
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 192 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 157 2
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 560 24
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 349 16
- Is this fraud? 561 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 97 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 282 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,291
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 458
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Franchise income and costs 247
- Hands on experience of Digita 206
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 162
- Employer's Helpline 154
- employment capital allowances 147
- CIS paid under reg 9 133