Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- Mortgage Repayment Sale of Property 200 5
- Backdate C79? 234 5
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 213 3
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 886 33
- White van man 610 21
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,471 82
- Software 371 9
- Company dividends 433 13
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 438 7
- Tax Relief on Bridging Loan 115 2
- Use of home deduction 543 15
- Copy Wanted 692 3
- Non resident income. 253 12
- Self Assessment University Superannuation Scheme 99 1
- 11pm and having a blonde moment 204 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 561 21
- SA late payment penalty 204 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 309 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 137 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 177 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 860
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 551
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 516
- Latest phishing scam 408
- Entrepreneurs' relief 378
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 339
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 322
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 304
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 216
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 194