Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- Accountant Specialization. 209 2
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 145 4
- No presenter ID for Companies House - ixbrl 90 1
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 138 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 141 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 409 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 54 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 574 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 655 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 98 2
- Freelance/Employee 619 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 158 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 307 6
- Is it just me ... 234 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 273 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 100 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 329 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 216 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,506 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 115 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 744
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 404
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 351
- Electric Car 287
- S222 Charge 237
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 183
- IP trans to holding company 182
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 169
- AIA 163
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 154