Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- Gross Profit Percentage 233 5
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 144 1
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 221 9
- How to Value a Business 478 9
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 141 5
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 548 13
- How much did you pay for your website 487 13
- Companies House 153 2
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 117 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 384 7
- Company Pension Contributions 264 6
- Expenses allowable 176 3
- Let Property Campaign 390 6
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 138 1
- Self employment trap - pension 349 3
- Awkward IP 616 9
- ESC A19 131 2
- When does my Property business start 272 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,541 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 871 19
- CTA study material 603
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 594
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 368
- Employment related securities question 227
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 200
- ATED Penalties 196
- AIM Stocks and IHT 178
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 137
- Expat pension contributions? 129
- Trust for Employee 126