Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- Moneysoft Payroll 199 4
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 120 2
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 277 11
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 925 20
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 254 4
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 938 14
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 476 7
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 175 4
- Client right to working papers 1,547 11
- vat gross margins 191 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 216 4
- e mail 217 1
- Auto enrolment 582 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,358 6
- VAT on new build property 166 2
- Auto enrolment 302 9
- SAGE 50 2011 165 1
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,638 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,881 22
- Loss on sale of goodwill 227 2
- NHS finance professionals 672
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 413
- Foreign Pension Contribution 384
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 369
- vat gross profit percentage margins 367
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 355
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 315
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 283
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 243
- IFA income recognition & reporting 215