Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- Dividend payment date 1,867 33
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,685 18
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 113 2
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 124 5
- Director hired as an individual 61 2
- Real names 516 20
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 88 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,276 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 81 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 190 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 174 6
- Tax relief on licence costs 112 1
- Who owns the data 212 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 151 5
- Sole Trader Fees 112 1
- Loan interest rental property 191 5
- Theatre as charitable company 45 1
- Peer to Peer lending 135 5
- What's the plural? 668 14
- Well well well 254 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 569
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 431
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 332
- IFA incorporation 307
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 299
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 291
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 250
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 238
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 229
- Sorry ignore me 223