Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- Anybody still doing returns? 726 31
- Clothing 516 13
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 143 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 163 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 83 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 345 16
- Designated sole Residence 142 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 719 15
- Anyone know what this is? 240 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 895 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 512 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 265 9
- no utr 291 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,123 49
- Director drawings 607 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 294 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 91 1
- Capital Loss 134 3
- LLP formed in 2013 104 1
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 206 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 954
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 676
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 622
- Latest phishing scam 598
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 437
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 325
- Scratch Head 265
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 255
- Sabbatical payments 218
- Negligible Value Claim 197