Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- CGT on 'listed co return of capital via B share' 45 2
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 1,018 14
- Investment property? 605 5
- PAYE 96 2
- Quote for client 313 8
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 255 6
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 102 2
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 198 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 47 1
- printer paper for Certificate of Incorporation 82 1
- Investment Unrealised Gains Accounting Treatment 73 1
- Annual Report - How to? 82 1
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 290 6
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 270 10
- error on companies house accounts 911 20
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 199 3
- ATT Exam tips and study help 131 2
- Client's company struck off 1,878 21
- Refurbised Pub 189 4
- Directors obligation to notify 400 6
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 517
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 453
- EPS and CIS deductions 320
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 304
- Construction CIS LLP Company 295
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 279
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 228
- SAGE winforecast 218
- Overdrawn director account 202
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 200