Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- transitioning payroll 281 9
- dividend proposals 191 5
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 270 4
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,818 61
- NALS Accountants Report 180 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,530 36
- CIC Company 554 8
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 206 5
- VAT - Recharge 131 3
- Legal title not in the company name 383 13
- Redundancy pay for directors? 534 14
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 911 19
- Opening Balances 110 1
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 221 2
- Employment Allowance 262 3
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,397 21
- VAT online filing exemptions 331 4
- Dividend dates 588 10
- Sole properietor 251 4
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 271 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 627
- Cancelled 367
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 346
- Cancelled 316
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 286
- Probiz 275
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 243
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 237
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 207
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 178