Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 176 3
- Late RTI filing re SMP 113 3
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 166 3
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 104 6
- Additional information attached to accounts 196 2
- CIS Software 123 1
- Company assets 369 16
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 228 6
- MoneySoft 179 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 89 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 663 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 149 2
- Self assessment 156 1
- Claiming VAT 144 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,127 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 179 4
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 281 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 279 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 158 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 517 9
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 506
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 481
- Is there anything wrong with this? 282
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 269
- Uncommercial property business 247
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 206
- Registering online CWF1 187
- VAT - registration needed? 184
- Accrued income scheme 183
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 182