Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 564 12
- Setting up a practice 70 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 211 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,750 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 398 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 142 1
- Love is in the air 393 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 247 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,004 46
- Very large share capital by mistake 298 3
- Client Paperwork Retention? 533 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 556 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 311 4
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 330 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 376 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 428 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 432 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 265 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 523 1
- Paying Son 685 18
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 280
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 273
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 232
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 212
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 193