Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,001 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 232 2
- Dental practice incorpration 102 1
- Audit rules 148 4
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 219 5
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 806 20
- Go Cardless 255 8
- business entertaining deductibility 118 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 121 2
- R & D 100 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 70 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 107 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 151 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 143 1
- New Business Registration 211 5
- Hosted email exchange 128 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 145 1
- G P life time allowance 113 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 370 11
- Bringing money to Uk 215 3
- Xtuple 500
- Qtac payroll for bureau 334
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 278
- Industrial & Provident Societies 275
- Mehjoo 219
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 216
- New strategic report 169
- Domain name sale and limited company 156
- South African Government Pension 153
- CIS schemes 147