Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 105 2
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 77 1
- FreeAgent question 82 1
- CIS monthly returns 162 2
- Goodie bag 1,538 52
- Husband Wife let property 345 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 494 12
- Output tax for retailer 311 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 271 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 126 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 122 1
- CT600 Advice 114 1
- Fair Value Accounting 73 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 126 4
- can I approach clients ? 393 8
- Companies House Penalties 123 2
- Apostille documents 111 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 541 13
- AE - employees making different contributions 77 1
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 336 14
- Possible Partnership? 640
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 517
- New Fangled Penalties 445
- Fuming! 377
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 316
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 254
- Outsource Data Entry 239
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 235
- Moving away from CCH software 227
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 174