Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,459 5
- How much does the company pay 65 2
- Help with CGT please 81 3
- Lack of VAT Receipt 110 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 308 6
- Benefit in Kind 292 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 319 17
- Will I need to resign? 935 11
- Cocaine anyone? 665 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 255 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 154 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 197 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 181 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 845 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 547 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 719 13
- Personal pension 451 9
- Business rates consultancy 273 4
- Wrong tax code 186 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 112 2
- Hive up 515
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 476
- corporate hierarchy 455
- Advice - 299
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 245
- WWOOFers 241
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 222
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 198
- The booking.com con 184
- UK State pension paid in NZ 168