Private Tutors who "employ" others...
I know that a sole proprietor providing tuition (for subjects normally taught in school) is an exempt supply.
What if the tutor (a) takes on another tutor (b) to help out?
We have the following:
All students pay the sole proprietor (a). The proprietor provides half of the teaching personally and then has self-employed people (b) who contract with the proprietor (a) to provide services. There is no doubt over the status of the others and as such no one is providing tuition as an employee.
The problem is however that the guidance states that the services must be provided personally in either a sole trade or partner capacity. Clearly all involved here are self employed however the service supplied by the original proprietor (a) is being delivered by someone else (b) and therefore not delivered personally.
- Does a UK LTD pay Corporation Tax before sending dividend to Holding Company? 36 2
- LEL and PAYE registration 119 2
- Taxi Plate & Car 140 3
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 950 46
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 581 13
- Filing amended tax return 89 1
- Tier One Tribunal 179 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 821 26
- Prompt Payment Discount (PPD) Vat 2015 - CREDIT PRIOR INVOICE 116 1
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 99 2
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 255 5
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 144 2
- Another transfer of property 145 2
- VAT on non-denominated postage 219 7
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 191 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 191 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 564 14
- SA316s 230 3
- Swiching tax 558 15
- Proposal to strike off...... 542 10
- Construction CIS LLP Company 613
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 597
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 389
- Pensions Regulator 358
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 296
- Using the correct forms 271
- RTI - duplicate employee record 265
- SA penalty proposals 259
- Accelerated payment notices 240
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 235