Problems with the one line service at HMRC since update ?
Since the service was closed for maintenance recently, we have found that we are having certain difficulties in accessing our clients records on line. For example we need to search the whole client list and select the client name/UTR from the list to see their records, rather than type in their name or UTR and go straight to it. Neither can we view some of the tax years information. All we get is a blank screen and fault note.
Something else happened today which is very strange. One of my colleague was checking to ensure our client had paid all he should have to date while dealing wiht his tax return and click on view statement of account. The statement which came up on screen (and which we printed) did not include any details relating to our client apart from his name. The UTR the statement date, statement number and payments made were different than any information we had on file. On the advice of the online helpline service I contacted the tax office dealing with this client and they confirm that in fact the tax payer whose UTR is shown on the statement of account printed is not our client. It is someone completely different and we don't act for him/her.
What is going on? The gentleman at the call centre was just as pzzled as we are and he is looking into it for us.
Meanwhile I had sent an email to the online service on 24th November highlighting the difficulties experienced in trying to access our clients records and their automated reply was to telephone the tax office or the online helpdesk. The latter told me today that they were unable to help.
Are they taking a leaf of the old tax credits book and referring queries to different departments in turn so that one feels one is going round in circle and not achieving anything.
I shall hope that the gentleman of the call centre will have more luck and that we may come to the bottom of it quickly.
This does not inspire me confidence and with the 31 January 2006 deadline fast approaching it scares me a little. I should not want a repeat of last year's problems...
- Which address 1,039 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 562 20
- MS Surface Pro 3 68 1
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,467 17
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,056 35
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,199 44
- R&D tax claim 248 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 522 9
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 176 7
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 128 2
- Gift to employee 373 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 160 1
- Transfer of a business 126 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,138 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 415 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 116 2
- Sage Import Data 312 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 245 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 132 2
- Best time software for small practice? 237 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 482
- CTA study material 456
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 335
- Pre incorp expenses 313
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 270
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 255
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 208
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 161
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 143
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 135