Problems with the one line service at HMRC since update ?
Since the service was closed for maintenance recently, we have found that we are having certain difficulties in accessing our clients records on line. For example we need to search the whole client list and select the client name/UTR from the list to see their records, rather than type in their name or UTR and go straight to it. Neither can we view some of the tax years information. All we get is a blank screen and fault note.
Something else happened today which is very strange. One of my colleague was checking to ensure our client had paid all he should have to date while dealing wiht his tax return and click on view statement of account. The statement which came up on screen (and which we printed) did not include any details relating to our client apart from his name. The UTR the statement date, statement number and payments made were different than any information we had on file. On the advice of the online helpline service I contacted the tax office dealing with this client and they confirm that in fact the tax payer whose UTR is shown on the statement of account printed is not our client. It is someone completely different and we don't act for him/her.
What is going on? The gentleman at the call centre was just as pzzled as we are and he is looking into it for us.
Meanwhile I had sent an email to the online service on 24th November highlighting the difficulties experienced in trying to access our clients records and their automated reply was to telephone the tax office or the online helpdesk. The latter told me today that they were unable to help.
Are they taking a leaf of the old tax credits book and referring queries to different departments in turn so that one feels one is going round in circle and not achieving anything.
I shall hope that the gentleman of the call centre will have more luck and that we may come to the bottom of it quickly.
This does not inspire me confidence and with the 31 January 2006 deadline fast approaching it scares me a little. I should not want a repeat of last year's problems...
- Cash in Hand 180 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 194 5
- are receipts needed? 637 17
- SA302's anyone?? 621 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 337 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 153 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 358 12
- Busines software 188 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 213 6
- Converting a barn for business use 190 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 321 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 328 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 496 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 339 3
- Bookkeping software 740 7
- Clogged Losses 290 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 285 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 671 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 282 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 140 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 523
- NOVA 375
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 337
- Management expenses for investment company 278
- Bonus Bonds 276
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 187
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 171
- EXACT ONLINE 170
- P11D benefit received by widow 167