Problems with the one line service at HMRC since update ?
Since the service was closed for maintenance recently, we have found that we are having certain difficulties in accessing our clients records on line. For example we need to search the whole client list and select the client name/UTR from the list to see their records, rather than type in their name or UTR and go straight to it. Neither can we view some of the tax years information. All we get is a blank screen and fault note.
Something else happened today which is very strange. One of my colleague was checking to ensure our client had paid all he should have to date while dealing wiht his tax return and click on view statement of account. The statement which came up on screen (and which we printed) did not include any details relating to our client apart from his name. The UTR the statement date, statement number and payments made were different than any information we had on file. On the advice of the online helpline service I contacted the tax office dealing with this client and they confirm that in fact the tax payer whose UTR is shown on the statement of account printed is not our client. It is someone completely different and we don't act for him/her.
What is going on? The gentleman at the call centre was just as pzzled as we are and he is looking into it for us.
Meanwhile I had sent an email to the online service on 24th November highlighting the difficulties experienced in trying to access our clients records and their automated reply was to telephone the tax office or the online helpdesk. The latter told me today that they were unable to help.
Are they taking a leaf of the old tax credits book and referring queries to different departments in turn so that one feels one is going round in circle and not achieving anything.
I shall hope that the gentleman of the call centre will have more luck and that we may come to the bottom of it quickly.
This does not inspire me confidence and with the 31 January 2006 deadline fast approaching it scares me a little. I should not want a repeat of last year's problems...
- VAT Option to tax 419 14
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 104 3
- How far back can you get dates of property purchases 32 1
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,213 19
- husband and wife dividends 392 11
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 135 5
- What is considered an acceptable price for arable farming land 298 6
- Sage Instant Accounts 67 2
- LLP members share of profits 558 31
- VAT Registration 308 4
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 153 1
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 190 5
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 268 4
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,172 26
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 108 2
- Has anyone knowledge of Creditserve 71 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,010 15
- Entrepreneurs Relief 165 4
- Business travel apps 155 3
- How often can you change VAT scheme in a year? 103 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 902
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 633
- Free Tax Legislation? 392
- Director Loan account operation 392
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 315
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 313
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 284
- Paye procedures for CVA 216
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 216
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 177