Problems with the one line service at HMRC since update ?
Since the service was closed for maintenance recently, we have found that we are having certain difficulties in accessing our clients records on line. For example we need to search the whole client list and select the client name/UTR from the list to see their records, rather than type in their name or UTR and go straight to it. Neither can we view some of the tax years information. All we get is a blank screen and fault note.
Something else happened today which is very strange. One of my colleague was checking to ensure our client had paid all he should have to date while dealing wiht his tax return and click on view statement of account. The statement which came up on screen (and which we printed) did not include any details relating to our client apart from his name. The UTR the statement date, statement number and payments made were different than any information we had on file. On the advice of the online helpline service I contacted the tax office dealing with this client and they confirm that in fact the tax payer whose UTR is shown on the statement of account printed is not our client. It is someone completely different and we don't act for him/her.
What is going on? The gentleman at the call centre was just as pzzled as we are and he is looking into it for us.
Meanwhile I had sent an email to the online service on 24th November highlighting the difficulties experienced in trying to access our clients records and their automated reply was to telephone the tax office or the online helpdesk. The latter told me today that they were unable to help.
Are they taking a leaf of the old tax credits book and referring queries to different departments in turn so that one feels one is going round in circle and not achieving anything.
I shall hope that the gentleman of the call centre will have more luck and that we may come to the bottom of it quickly.
This does not inspire me confidence and with the 31 January 2006 deadline fast approaching it scares me a little. I should not want a repeat of last year's problems...
- Mortgage deposit Gift 476 22
- Were you asked to pay to sign off your ACCA PCTR by your Principle? 146 2
- Company Accounts 230 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,266 345
- Shadow director or alternative? 485 5
- 100% Xero practice 2,159 37
- Umbrella Company 175 3
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 176 1
- Vat treatment of charity business income 139 6
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 931 18
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 203 6
- Donations (to a school!) 452 11
- Vat on Royalites 93 1
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 457 24
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 91 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 181 5
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 202 3
- property rental income split 266 3
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 177 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 118 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,189
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 411
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 311
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 261
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 239
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 226
- Franchise income and costs 205
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 180