Problems with the one line service at HMRC since update ?
Since the service was closed for maintenance recently, we have found that we are having certain difficulties in accessing our clients records on line. For example we need to search the whole client list and select the client name/UTR from the list to see their records, rather than type in their name or UTR and go straight to it. Neither can we view some of the tax years information. All we get is a blank screen and fault note.
Something else happened today which is very strange. One of my colleague was checking to ensure our client had paid all he should have to date while dealing wiht his tax return and click on view statement of account. The statement which came up on screen (and which we printed) did not include any details relating to our client apart from his name. The UTR the statement date, statement number and payments made were different than any information we had on file. On the advice of the online helpline service I contacted the tax office dealing with this client and they confirm that in fact the tax payer whose UTR is shown on the statement of account printed is not our client. It is someone completely different and we don't act for him/her.
What is going on? The gentleman at the call centre was just as pzzled as we are and he is looking into it for us.
Meanwhile I had sent an email to the online service on 24th November highlighting the difficulties experienced in trying to access our clients records and their automated reply was to telephone the tax office or the online helpdesk. The latter told me today that they were unable to help.
Are they taking a leaf of the old tax credits book and referring queries to different departments in turn so that one feels one is going round in circle and not achieving anything.
I shall hope that the gentleman of the call centre will have more luck and that we may come to the bottom of it quickly.
This does not inspire me confidence and with the 31 January 2006 deadline fast approaching it scares me a little. I should not want a repeat of last year's problems...
- Company formation and bank account 210 7
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 636 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,521 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 498 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 391 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 182 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 390 8
- OneNote is fantastic 471 11
- VAT Direct Debit 353 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 436 8
- Self Assessment Software 682 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 434 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,349 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 247 11
- Owning overseas property 236 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 345 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 281 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 690 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,148 21
- PPR on a development? 242 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 651
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 400
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 400
- Property letting & CAs 388
- 2015 tax year end 382
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 381
- FCA regulated company in a small group 339
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 265
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 236
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230