Problems with the one line service at HMRC since update ?
Since the service was closed for maintenance recently, we have found that we are having certain difficulties in accessing our clients records on line. For example we need to search the whole client list and select the client name/UTR from the list to see their records, rather than type in their name or UTR and go straight to it. Neither can we view some of the tax years information. All we get is a blank screen and fault note.
Something else happened today which is very strange. One of my colleague was checking to ensure our client had paid all he should have to date while dealing wiht his tax return and click on view statement of account. The statement which came up on screen (and which we printed) did not include any details relating to our client apart from his name. The UTR the statement date, statement number and payments made were different than any information we had on file. On the advice of the online helpline service I contacted the tax office dealing with this client and they confirm that in fact the tax payer whose UTR is shown on the statement of account printed is not our client. It is someone completely different and we don't act for him/her.
What is going on? The gentleman at the call centre was just as pzzled as we are and he is looking into it for us.
Meanwhile I had sent an email to the online service on 24th November highlighting the difficulties experienced in trying to access our clients records and their automated reply was to telephone the tax office or the online helpdesk. The latter told me today that they were unable to help.
Are they taking a leaf of the old tax credits book and referring queries to different departments in turn so that one feels one is going round in circle and not achieving anything.
I shall hope that the gentleman of the call centre will have more luck and that we may come to the bottom of it quickly.
This does not inspire me confidence and with the 31 January 2006 deadline fast approaching it scares me a little. I should not want a repeat of last year's problems...
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 284 9
- Practice management 155 2
- Flat Conversion Allowance 64 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 214 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 85 1
- IHT and cash gifts 75 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 138 7
- Clothing 177 4
- VAT registration transfer 157 3
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 586 30
- Sponsorship & VAT 90 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 116 2
- Director drawings 402 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 325 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 103 1
- HMRC SA302s 211 3
- What does the "K" signify 438 7
- Director or self-employed 160 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 131 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 144 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 909
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 614
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 581
- Latest phishing scam 534
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 380
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 349
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 282
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 201
- Capital allowances in first basis period 190
- Sabbatical payments 178