Problems with the one line service at HMRC since update ?
Since the service was closed for maintenance recently, we have found that we are having certain difficulties in accessing our clients records on line. For example we need to search the whole client list and select the client name/UTR from the list to see their records, rather than type in their name or UTR and go straight to it. Neither can we view some of the tax years information. All we get is a blank screen and fault note.
Something else happened today which is very strange. One of my colleague was checking to ensure our client had paid all he should have to date while dealing wiht his tax return and click on view statement of account. The statement which came up on screen (and which we printed) did not include any details relating to our client apart from his name. The UTR the statement date, statement number and payments made were different than any information we had on file. On the advice of the online helpline service I contacted the tax office dealing with this client and they confirm that in fact the tax payer whose UTR is shown on the statement of account printed is not our client. It is someone completely different and we don't act for him/her.
What is going on? The gentleman at the call centre was just as pzzled as we are and he is looking into it for us.
Meanwhile I had sent an email to the online service on 24th November highlighting the difficulties experienced in trying to access our clients records and their automated reply was to telephone the tax office or the online helpdesk. The latter told me today that they were unable to help.
Are they taking a leaf of the old tax credits book and referring queries to different departments in turn so that one feels one is going round in circle and not achieving anything.
I shall hope that the gentleman of the call centre will have more luck and that we may come to the bottom of it quickly.
This does not inspire me confidence and with the 31 January 2006 deadline fast approaching it scares me a little. I should not want a repeat of last year's problems...
- Claiming pre-letting mortgage costs on first rental property 48 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,084 30
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 141 7
- Late Registration for VAT 223 7
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 111 1
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 598 10
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 149 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 101 1
- Personal pension 283 5
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 132 2
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 78 1
- Registering a company late 328 11
- Director taking salary, dividends and consultancy fees? 213 1
- Deferred Tax 274 5
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,276 17
- How much of your work is admin? 419 2
- Legal fees selling rental property 209 3
- physiotherapy clinic 616 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 236 2
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 331 8
- TheTax Donut 1,022
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 681
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 625
- Follower cases 489
- Limited company purchase of property 419
- Hive up 417
- corporate hierarchy 383
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 380
- LIVE chat, starting now 332
- AIA or IFA 216