Problems with the one line service at HMRC since update ?
Since the service was closed for maintenance recently, we have found that we are having certain difficulties in accessing our clients records on line. For example we need to search the whole client list and select the client name/UTR from the list to see their records, rather than type in their name or UTR and go straight to it. Neither can we view some of the tax years information. All we get is a blank screen and fault note.
Something else happened today which is very strange. One of my colleague was checking to ensure our client had paid all he should have to date while dealing wiht his tax return and click on view statement of account. The statement which came up on screen (and which we printed) did not include any details relating to our client apart from his name. The UTR the statement date, statement number and payments made were different than any information we had on file. On the advice of the online helpline service I contacted the tax office dealing with this client and they confirm that in fact the tax payer whose UTR is shown on the statement of account printed is not our client. It is someone completely different and we don't act for him/her.
What is going on? The gentleman at the call centre was just as pzzled as we are and he is looking into it for us.
Meanwhile I had sent an email to the online service on 24th November highlighting the difficulties experienced in trying to access our clients records and their automated reply was to telephone the tax office or the online helpdesk. The latter told me today that they were unable to help.
Are they taking a leaf of the old tax credits book and referring queries to different departments in turn so that one feels one is going round in circle and not achieving anything.
I shall hope that the gentleman of the call centre will have more luck and that we may come to the bottom of it quickly.
This does not inspire me confidence and with the 31 January 2006 deadline fast approaching it scares me a little. I should not want a repeat of last year's problems...
- do i need an online accounting software 42 2
- Moneysoft Payroll 600 13
- VAT Triangulation Service UK - UK - EC 149 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,588 28
- Who gets the CGT deduction 271 4
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 634 9
- Property gift to sister 225 6
- VAT training 356 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 279 7
- 31st october deadline 391 6
- RTI Late Registration query 154 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 265 2
- Payroll software 187 1
- Accounting for display stands 279 7
- Companies House Search 330 3
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 342 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,543 15
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 336 3
- A Friday Funny. 378 5
- Something for the weekend? 360 5
- NHS finance professionals 712
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 430
- Foreign Pension Contribution 404
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 389
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 384
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 343
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 303
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 285
- IFA income recognition & reporting 226
- Incorporating doctors 224