A client indicated that he wished to change to another accountant. I had no problem with this, neither with the agreement that I should continue to completion accounts/returns in progress.
From telephone conversations with the proposed new accountant I felt there were some fairly basic matters on which he did not seem at all clear, which did give me some cause for concern.
When I had concluded outstanding matters (and been paid) the new accountant wrote to me. Two matters concerned me. Firstly that his request for connecting information was vague in the extreme and secondly that he stated he was a member of one of the leading accountancy bodies. In view of my concerns, I looked up the membership list of the organisation he claimed to be a member of and I could find no trace of his name nor of his business.
I wrote to him asking precisely what connecting information he required and also for clarification on his professional membership. I have received no reply.
My feeling is that, even in the absence of any specific request, I should provide such connecting infiormation as I regard to be reasonable on the basis that the client should not suffer. What action should I take with regard to his stated professional membership? Should I notify that organisation and if so should I advise the new accountant of my intention before doing so?
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 107 2
- Hmrc software 188 3
- Mehjoo 251 1
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 186 2
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 90 1
- SA302 253 4
- Hosted email exchange 168 5
- South African Government Pension 176 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 154 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 262 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 293 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 234 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 142 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 271 7
- New Email Extensions 181 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 305 2
- Dental practice incorpration 146 1
- Audit rules 174 4
- Go Cardless 303 8
- business entertaining deductibility 175 1
- Xtuple 505
- Qtac payroll for bureau 342
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 289
- Industrial & Provident Societies 281
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 224
- Domain name sale and limited company 165
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 163
- CIS schemes 159
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 150
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 137