A client indicated that he wished to change to another accountant. I had no problem with this, neither with the agreement that I should continue to completion accounts/returns in progress.
From telephone conversations with the proposed new accountant I felt there were some fairly basic matters on which he did not seem at all clear, which did give me some cause for concern.
When I had concluded outstanding matters (and been paid) the new accountant wrote to me. Two matters concerned me. Firstly that his request for connecting information was vague in the extreme and secondly that he stated he was a member of one of the leading accountancy bodies. In view of my concerns, I looked up the membership list of the organisation he claimed to be a member of and I could find no trace of his name nor of his business.
I wrote to him asking precisely what connecting information he required and also for clarification on his professional membership. I have received no reply.
My feeling is that, even in the absence of any specific request, I should provide such connecting infiormation as I regard to be reasonable on the basis that the client should not suffer. What action should I take with regard to his stated professional membership? Should I notify that organisation and if so should I advise the new accountant of my intention before doing so?
- Sage Payroll 22 2
- Should a company include comparative disclosures when no current year balances? 71 4
- Shouldn't have filed accounts? 414 12
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 232 4
- Audit Required 190 5
- Enforcing A CCJ 61 2
- VAT query 100 1
- Belated VAT Exception Application 149 4
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 234 4
- I have a pain 757 8
- Employment allowance and sage instant payroll 128 1
- Thread deleted. 477 15
- convert directors loan account to share capital 214 7
- non resident receiving UK dividends 106 1
- Need to upgrade from Sage 50 but to what? 205 1
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 291 6
- P11d error 441 10
- Audit Report Query 98 1
- Value pricing 335 12
- company secretarial software 181 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 737
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 503
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 357
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 346
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 267
- VAT on Gaming Machines 219
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 204
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 191
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 182
- Director Loan account operation 154