A client indicated that he wished to change to another accountant. I had no problem with this, neither with the agreement that I should continue to completion accounts/returns in progress.
From telephone conversations with the proposed new accountant I felt there were some fairly basic matters on which he did not seem at all clear, which did give me some cause for concern.
When I had concluded outstanding matters (and been paid) the new accountant wrote to me. Two matters concerned me. Firstly that his request for connecting information was vague in the extreme and secondly that he stated he was a member of one of the leading accountancy bodies. In view of my concerns, I looked up the membership list of the organisation he claimed to be a member of and I could find no trace of his name nor of his business.
I wrote to him asking precisely what connecting information he required and also for clarification on his professional membership. I have received no reply.
My feeling is that, even in the absence of any specific request, I should provide such connecting infiormation as I regard to be reasonable on the basis that the client should not suffer. What action should I take with regard to his stated professional membership? Should I notify that organisation and if so should I advise the new accountant of my intention before doing so?
- Care Home - Job Price 269 5
- Fee headache 437 4
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 215 6
- ITS HAPPENED AGAIN SPAM SPAM SPAM 227 4
- India Capital Gain 119 1
- Dormant payroll 730 7
- Switch from Sage CT to Digita CT? 105 1
- Our French VAT registered supplier is supplying our French VAT registered customer directly with goods but is invoicing us (a VAT registered UK company). Can I ask them not to charge us VAT? 291 7
- An opportunity to 'vent' your annoyance/anger? 1,494 12
- Interest on Loan to External Individual 115 1
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 521 11
- This feels wrong.... 1,569 21
- Overlap relief 388 10
- Subsistence expenses paid directly from company account 201 2
- To correct incorrect NBV in previous year accounts 285 10
- Pressure to upgrade from Sage 50 Accounts 2013 199 3
- P11D Rejection 274 7
- Directors loans 273 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief:: share disposals after leaving the company 271 5
- Has anyone else tried Iris paperless working papers for audit exempt companies 309 2
- Is this Tax Deductible??? 504
- Theatre Tax Relief 413
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 324
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 306
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 284
- Perkbox 231
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 224
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 219
- Document Management Systems 193
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 191