Purchase accruals - report to NCIS?
A company purchases goods for resale and accrues for the cost in its accounts.
The supplier fails to submit an invoice and the goods remain unpaid for.
If the company that bought the goods does not take steps to obtain an invoice from the supplier despite knowing that they should have paid for those goods, would that amount to dishonesty and lead to the requirement for a report to NCIS?
Might the answer differ depending on whether the company purchasing the goods retained the accrual in its accounts or wrote it off at some point?
Any thoughts gratefully received!
Edward C Rands
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 193 13
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 523 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 95 7
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 438 9
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 269 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 95 2
- Limited company buying a car 106 3
- ACCA practice certificates 478 5
- Limited company buying director's car 273 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 58 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 65 1
- WC's and capital allowances 168 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 292 13
- Dress code 1,533 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 473 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 247 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 367 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 466 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 166 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 99 3
- CTA study material 765
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 475
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 389
- Employment related securities question 306
- AIM Stocks and IHT 278
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 256
- Expat pension contributions? 255
- Trust for Employee 233
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 167
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 146