Purchase accruals - report to NCIS?
A company purchases goods for resale and accrues for the cost in its accounts.
The supplier fails to submit an invoice and the goods remain unpaid for.
If the company that bought the goods does not take steps to obtain an invoice from the supplier despite knowing that they should have paid for those goods, would that amount to dishonesty and lead to the requirement for a report to NCIS?
Might the answer differ depending on whether the company purchasing the goods retained the accrual in its accounts or wrote it off at some point?
Any thoughts gratefully received!
Edward C Rands
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 134 2
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 137 3
- Capital Gain? 515 14
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 236 5
- Sell business after leaving country 141 2
- How much to charge? 258 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 183 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 640 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 245 2
- break even point 596 18
- Simple consolidation question 131 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 395 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,003 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 407 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 209 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 297 5
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 188 4
- IHT Query 255 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 448 2
- BrightPay 701 22
- Possible Partnership? 468
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 444
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 431
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 235
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 230
- Clubs and Taxable Income 222
- New Fangled Penalties 221
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 216
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 188
- Loans to other companies 170