Purchase accruals - report to NCIS?
A company purchases goods for resale and accrues for the cost in its accounts.
The supplier fails to submit an invoice and the goods remain unpaid for.
If the company that bought the goods does not take steps to obtain an invoice from the supplier despite knowing that they should have paid for those goods, would that amount to dishonesty and lead to the requirement for a report to NCIS?
Might the answer differ depending on whether the company purchasing the goods retained the accrual in its accounts or wrote it off at some point?
Any thoughts gratefully received!
Edward C Rands
- Family Partnership 185 4
- Signed accounts for bank 582 12
- NOVA declaration 76 1
- P11D Car Value 206 5
- Business valuation advice 688 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,443 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,206 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 229 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,080 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 118 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 366 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 106 3
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 763 11
- flat rate scheme 2,250 41
- HMRC Postal Delays 409 10
- Legal advisor recommendation please 302 5
- Closure of PAYE scheme 214 2
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 201 2
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 208 3
- Termination Payment 531 15