Purchase accruals - report to NCIS?
A company purchases goods for resale and accrues for the cost in its accounts.
The supplier fails to submit an invoice and the goods remain unpaid for.
If the company that bought the goods does not take steps to obtain an invoice from the supplier despite knowing that they should have paid for those goods, would that amount to dishonesty and lead to the requirement for a report to NCIS?
Might the answer differ depending on whether the company purchasing the goods retained the accrual in its accounts or wrote it off at some point?
Any thoughts gratefully received!
Edward C Rands
- convert directors loan account to share capital 192 6
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 279 6
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 436 14
- P11d error 433 10
- Audit Required 149 4
- Audit Report Query 66 1
- Value pricing 304 12
- company secretarial software 168 3
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,617 13
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,793 27
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 204 3
- Elective DeductionsModel 74 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 190 1
- Rental Income 308 6
- Payroll 2012/13 118 1
- I have a pain 711 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 98 1
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 741 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 136 3
- Cash flow 152 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 736
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 502
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 352
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 343
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 266
- VAT on Gaming Machines 217
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 203
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 190
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 180
- Director Loan account operation 153