Purchase accruals - report to NCIS?
A company purchases goods for resale and accrues for the cost in its accounts.
The supplier fails to submit an invoice and the goods remain unpaid for.
If the company that bought the goods does not take steps to obtain an invoice from the supplier despite knowing that they should have paid for those goods, would that amount to dishonesty and lead to the requirement for a report to NCIS?
Might the answer differ depending on whether the company purchasing the goods retained the accrual in its accounts or wrote it off at some point?
Any thoughts gratefully received!
Edward C Rands
- Year end 184 3
- tax credits 166 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 970 16
- Foreign income for self employed 144 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 687 20
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 265 9
- LLP - Member leaving 158 6
- what time is it ? 111 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 270 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,069 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 231 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 583 21
- How would you account for warranty? 164 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 406 22
- Sweet Tooth 201 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 183 2
- trading or dormant 125 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 136 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 574 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 280 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 881
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 519
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 332
- How to format a stock book 313
- Tax efficient holding company structure 247
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 243
- Investment property company accounts template 227
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 220
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 193
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 169