Q6 on P35
Q6 "Are you a service company"
Has anyone clarified directly with HMRC whether this means "are you caught by IR35/MSC rules" or whether it means literally "do you provide personal services".
If the latter, what possible reason could HMRC have to want to identify ALL personal service companies including those not caught (of which there are thousands!).
My thinking is to answer 'No' where IR35/MSC does not apply. Booklet E10 is extremely badly worded, but it does say "If you are a service company (as explained above) in the year to 5 April 2008, tick the first ‘Yes’ box under this question." As the explanation refers to IR35/MSC, I think someone forgot to write 'a service company is one where the IR35 or MSC rules apply'.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 144 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 178 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,216 35
- Mortgage Reference 531 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 232 7
- Insovent companies 882 19
- New Build 189 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,295 48
- BrightPay quirks 203 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 804 20
- Website Content 159 1
- Personal Tax 628 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 179 1
- USA Tax Query 302 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 437 5
- last minute request 655 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 351 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 389 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,739 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6