Q6 on P35
Q6 "Are you a service company"
Has anyone clarified directly with HMRC whether this means "are you caught by IR35/MSC rules" or whether it means literally "do you provide personal services".
If the latter, what possible reason could HMRC have to want to identify ALL personal service companies including those not caught (of which there are thousands!).
My thinking is to answer 'No' where IR35/MSC does not apply. Booklet E10 is extremely badly worded, but it does say "If you are a service company (as explained above) in the year to 5 April 2008, tick the first ‘Yes’ box under this question." As the explanation refers to IR35/MSC, I think someone forgot to write 'a service company is one where the IR35 or MSC rules apply'.
- Professional coaching claimable? 79 1
- Sage instant account codes 118 1
- Networking 130 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 265 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 173 1
- Turnover on a tax return 301 8
- incorrect old p60 450 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 303 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,932 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 289 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 251 3
- VAT refund 185 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 262 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 269 3
- Missing tax return 393 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,128 30
- Inflation and fees 1,410 24
- Sage Priority Support 193 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 847 24
- Micro-entity accounts 316 1